Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Technical / Performance / Maintenance / Help > Tuning, Technical Questions

Notices

Tuning, Technical Questions Use this Forum to talk about all things technical & tuning

Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
oxmo

Drives: ECR33
Club ID#: 32847

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Vehicles
Stock RB25DET boost solenoid

Previous owner had boost controller, but he removed it just before selling the car.
How to install stock boost solenoid for RB25DET? There are two vacuum ports at the top of it. I think first is going into turbine actuator, what about second (upper) one?
oxmo is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 13-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
ruthlessone3k

Club ID#: 30713

View My Pictures
If you could take a pic to let me see what you got we might be able to help each other. I have the same problem for the most part. I have a blitz boost controller and want to unhook it and go back to stock, since I believe it is the reason the last engine decided to crack all but one of the pistons, I have an idea of how it works, but I dont know for sure which hoses go where, and I dont want to give you bad info. If someone could post a pic of a stock setup it would be most helpful.
ruthlessone3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
conceptua
Conceptua Tuning

Authorised Trader

Drives: Staff Rides- R30 GT Turbo Skyline, R33 GTS-T, Drifty S14 200SX, FTO GPX MiVEC, Cherokee 4.0L Ltd
Club ID#: 13298

Trade Feedback: (51)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessone3k View Post
If you could take a pic to let me see what you got we might be able to help each other. I have the same problem for the most part. I have a blitz boost controller and want to unhook it and go back to stock, since I believe it is the reason the last engine decided to crack all but one of the pistons, I have an idea of how it works, but I dont know for sure which hoses go where, and I dont want to give you bad info. If someone could post a pic of a stock setup it would be most helpful.
Depending on what has been modified on the car you should have to boost 'takeoffs' from your pipework. One is from the large diameter black pipe that runs down and through the inner wing. One is from the small diameter S shaped pipe that goes to the 'elephant trunk' pipe from the AFM to the Turbo inlet.

If I were you I would run a feed from the first pipe direct to the actuator.

The actuator will then control the boost, there is no need to run complication of the two stage boost solenoid.
International 0044 1803 85 00 50
www.conceptua-tuning.co.uk
Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conce...39362032858389
conceptua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
ruthlessone3k

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptua View Post
Depending on what has been modified on the car you should have to boost 'takeoffs' from your pipework. One is from the large diameter black pipe that runs down and through the inner wing. One is from the small diameter S shaped pipe that goes to the 'elephant trunk' pipe from the AFM to the Turbo inlet.

If I were you I would run a feed from the first pipe direct to the actuator.

The actuator will then control the boost, there is no need to run complication of the two stage boost solenoid.
if I run it without the solenoid what psi will it run at? I keep reading something about a restrictor in the line but dont know if I have it or where it is.

Here is what I am dealing with right now

Am I correct in thinking that the factory connections would have the purple hose and red hose connected with a Tee fitting going off to where the yellow hose is now blocking off(bottom of solenoid) and then run a hose going from the Top of the solenoid (port currently occupied by the red hose) to the accuator? like the green "hoses" added in this picture

Last edited by ruthlessone3k; 14-12-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 15-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
ruthlessone3k

View My Pictures
Ha, just realized how old this thread is. guess thats what happen when you use the search function.

anyway. I hooked it up like shown in the bottom picture in the post above and it was working well except the pipe blew off the intercooler. I think it was a bad hose clap though, it seemed to be stripped out when I put it on but I forgot about it and never replaced it.

Still clueless as to what this "restrictor" I keep hearing about is and what it does along with where it is.