Being under the thumb :( lol - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Mmmmmmm R32

Drives: Audi b5 s4 2.7 twin turbo
Club ID#: 17621

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Being under the thumb :( lol

As above really,

Feeling whipped lately the wife giving me grief about not having any money and due to her pure hatred of my 32 she asks me everyday if anyone has bought it

I've had hardly any sleep and in a mood which has made me sit here thinking about how little i have of my own I'm not complaining about what WE have as a couple because i know its hard nowa days for people our age to get what WE have like buying a house and what not

YOU see when i left the RAF i moved to north wales away from all my family and friends to be with my now wife who wouldnt move away from her parents and friends. Even when we were looking to buy a house it had to be close enough to her lot however my lot are in blackpool :/ meaning i hardly see them to top it off half of her mates live in the village who all share her view about my noisey heap, as for my "mates" erm well yeah they are...

I love my wife and wouldnt change her for the world I just need to join a knitting club or sommin to make some friends lol
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: R32 rb25det 4 door
Club ID#: 33300

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
I'm going to be honest, I hope this doesn't offend you but your missus sounds ****ing selfish!

Is selling your 32 your own choice or something she's guilt tripped you into? The whole you moving closer to her so she can stay close to her family is pretty ridiculous too. Relationships are about give and take, you each contribute so you can both gain and from the way I've read your comment it sounds more one sided.

My advice, give her a slap and tell her to stop being a bitch. Maybe don't slap her but have you tried telling her what you've said here?
Mini_the_Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1995 R33 GTS-T ............. 06 Mazda6 Estate 2.0 TS ............ 07 VW Passat Estate 2.0 TDI
Location: (Work) Niedersachsen Germany (Live) Nordrhein Westfalen, Germany
Club ID#: 25621

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (7)

View My Pictures
not good mate.. think ya need a serious chat with her... it ain't gonna work unless your BOTH happy!!! i am pretty sure you don't want to sell your 32 so DON'T... i am certain you will regret it if you do.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

DaveRudds is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Banned from Site

Drives: r33 gtst
Club ID#: 20485

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
Defo need a bit of giv and take in a relationship she does sound bit selfish , if your not in need of cash from sale of car keep it and explain how you feel ,or ask her to part withsomthing of value that is hers.
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
Lol i wont be slapping her about lol.

It does seem one sided alot of the time but i like a quiet life so wont agrue lol i have advertised the car to keep her happy but i havent accepted an offer and wont sell to any "drifted" or breaker basically tryin to keep it
Old 07-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
But it shouldn't be like that. You don't argue back because you want an easy life and she probably knows that so she does it more because she knows you'll give in.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
Lol I'm a walk over
Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Clearly.

Without getting all gay or emotional, I used to be like that, I had an ex (note the EX part) who used to walk all over me. He did what he liked, with who he liked, when he liked and I never said a thing. He chose who I spoke to, where I went, what I wore, etc and then one day I just decided I'd had enough and walked. Nobody should have the right to tell you where you can and can't live or what you can and can't drive, who wants to live every aspect of their life under the rule of somebody else?

If you just carry on you'll feel the same way tomorrow, next month and next year.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
Its not all bad tho :/ she doesnt play away (she wouldnt) i just need to try make more for myself eg get some friends lol
Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
Seasoned Member

Drives: my legs
Club ID#: 22337

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_the_Minx View Post
Clearly.

Without getting all gay or emotional, I used to be like that, I had an ex (note the EX part) who used to walk all over me. He did what he liked, with who he liked, when he liked and I never said a thing. He chose who I spoke to, where I went, what I wore, etc and then one day I just decided I'd had enough and walked. Nobody should have the right to tell you where you can and can't live or what you can and can't drive, who wants to live every aspect of their life under the rule of somebody else?

If you just carry on you'll feel the same way tomorrow, next month and next year.
+1

There's no guarantee it will end up in an argument, just get your point across and maybe she'll realise that it is a bit one-sided. There's no use building up a lot of stress on yourself to avoid an argument, relationships require input from both of you and it sounds like you're already having trouble with her. Don't have a go, just put your point across that you want something for yourself seeing as you have stayed nearer her part of the world. It's all about compromise.

Hope it gets resolved easily and peacefullly
N4th4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
Stoke-on-Trent

Area Rep

Drives: NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTR
Club ID#: 8062

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (11)

View My Pictures
You need stand up for ya self dude, as said it should be an equal partnership, and from what youve said it does seem one sided. I like a quiet life myself and my lady nags me a lot sometimes as all women do . But theres a line where she knows not to cross, this is the line you need to make. All well saying you love her but as the relationship becomes more and more one sided, the more that love will be strained and the unhappier you will become.Sort it dude before you lose any input into youre relationship.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(

Drives: R33 GTS-T
Club ID#: 15772

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Tell her to sell her car and get a bus pass. When she moans at you point out now she knows how you feel.
GazJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
I was expecting replies along the lines of callin me a wuss lol

I know what your sayin about being unhappy if it carries on and i know that it wont go as far as that because i wont let it.

I have been telling her these last few weeks about not being happy about the no friends situation and she does understand but she doesnt see my point on my car being my one little joy if you know what i mean
Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Take all her shoes/clothes/make up/perfume (I don't really know what women like to collect) and hide them, when she gets upset/angry tell her that's what it's like losing your skyline.

A lot of birds don't understand how much a car can mean to a bloke, I'd rather sell my mum into prostitutuion than sell my skyline
Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Seasoned Member

Drives: R32 GT-R
Club ID#: 16765

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
Don't sell your car. Politely point out you moved to her area, near her friends and family and your car is your only hobby left. If she doesn't/won't understand tell her that's the way it is and she's gotta deal with it, cos you ain't selling. If she is at all bothered about anyone but her self she'll be happy to let you keep your only interest?
Only way my car ever gets sold is if we are being turfed out the house instead!
wildboy is offline   Reply With Quote