Politics on this Forum....... - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: '97 R33 GTST
Club ID#: 15756

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (27)

View My Pictures
Angry Politics on this Forum.......

I'm writing this and no doubt it will be deleted like my original thread was a week or so ago, because the Skyline community need to know how shits being run! Oh and I will probably be banned for speaking out and telling the thruth

This is really becoming a joke.....

We have a single Insurance broker as a registered trader on this forum, yet we have an insurance deals section on the site where we can let others know about the great deals we have obtained and from whom! (Use this Forum to talk about who's got the best deals etc.)

So A-Plan (The Company, not you DAN) were unable to retain my business, with their overinflated quotations and simply due to what has followed will never get my business again!

I got a far better policy from Sky Insurance, which I posted about on the forum.... Dan had to comment on it and go crying to Keith, so the thread was deleted! Not only did he cry about it to Keith A-Plan also went to the underwriter to try and screw me over.

I can only assume because both brokers use the same underwriter A-Plan were not happy to find out that another broker had been given a cheaper policy by their joint underwriter, and felt that they had cause to complain, despite what might of happened to my policy or how it might of affected me.

I know of many guys on here that have had stupid renewals quoted, and they have shopped around, only to be told by A-Plan come back with your best quote and we will see if we can beat it! Well fact is, they couldn't and now because of their exclusivity on this PUBLIC FORUM, no one can post a single word bad about them, or make comment on their ability to broker a better deal for us skyline owners!

After this, I wouldn't ask you to get me a quote for a fiesta...... but what annoys me the most, is that Keith is defending them like he is, why can't people’s opinions remain on here and why must they be deleted without good cause, or at least more transparency to the community members???

I do not see anywhere in the FORUM RULES does it say we are not allowed to post our thoughts and opinions on any given trader unless they are only positive? I certainly don't see how removing my posts saves A-Plan any Kudos, surely I'm just one person that has been let down by my old insurance broker?!?!

I'm completely gobsmacked by the events of today, from A-Plan trying to call me on my mobile, no doubt to "have words" and to all my posts being deleted. The way I see it is I gave A-Plan 3 weeks to come up with a better quote, and all they could manage was £103 less than the previous year in the end.

Yet another broker to secure my business saved me nearly £300 on their renewal! I'm sorry but I'd like to share that with my community members and show them there is light at the end of the tunnel, not my fault though if the admin team want to turn the light off and remove the bulb!!

I thought this was a community, one where we were all equal and fair, but its starting to become more and more like a dictatorship and too regimental!

So please do what you will with this thread, as I can't stop you.... I'd just ask that you be fair and treat everyone as equals, members, traders, and even guests!!
niz406 is offline   Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
No longer a rep :( but still here :)

Drives: Skyline No.5 R33 GTR V-Spec, VW Passat B6 Bluemotion, Vivaro van
Club ID#: 24745

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (30)

View My Pictures
Personally i went with sky insurance also they offered me a much more competitive quote "THIS TIME". Maybe next year A-plan will be able to help me better. But at this time im with sky and haven't had any issues
Old 21-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: E92 M3, F30 m-sport, 64 moggy turbo pickup :)
Club ID#: 13176

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
I've taken the time to fully read the above post and whilst I do not agree with some points I can relate to others. I personally think it's unfair to slate Keith in the post but I will add my 2 cents worth about the trader.

I have been looked after by them for a few years. I find it all depends who you speak to there the service fluctuates severely.

Unfortunately they were unable to keep my business this year too.
I called to get my no claims proof and they will only issue 9 years but I have 14!!!!
I submitted the full amount to them 2 years ago being 12 years and now they say they can only give me 9 years as that's all their system allows??? It allows you to
Submit more to them than that???

I questioned this and got attitude from an un-named staff member there. (not dan) I personally find dan very helpful but this isn't replicated through his whole team.

Old 21-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillysrb25 View Post
Personally i went with sky insurance also they offered me a much more competitive quote "THIS TIME". Maybe next year A-plan will be able to help me better. But at this time im with sky and haven't had any issues
That's all it comes down to, I have no problems changing each year to get myself th best deal, lets be real about insurance as a whole..... its entirely a SCAM!

It doesn't matter how much you pay, in the end you are still going to have a battle if you need to claim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyr33 View Post
I've taken the time to fully read the above post and whilst I do not agree with some points I can relate to others. I personally think it's unfair to slate Keith in the post but I will add my 2 cents worth about the trader.

I have been looked after by them for a few years. I find it all depends who you speak to there the service fluctuates severely.

Unfortunately they were unable to keep my business this year too.
I called to get my no claims proof and they will only issue 9 years but I have 14!!!!
I submitted the full amount to them 2 years ago being 12 years and now they say they can only give me 9 years as that's all their system allows??? It allows you to
Submit more to them than that???

I questioned this and got attitude from an un-named staff member there. (not dan) I personally find dan very helpful but this isn't replicated through his whole team.
Sparky, I didn't think I had slated him? Just pointed out that he had deleted my threads and not allowed me on a public forum to share my mind about one of the communities approved traders.

I asked for my proof of no claims, and they said they would email it to me and post the original one, so that I could get it to the new broker..... both turned up, email and letter the last day I had to submit it to them, thankfully the new broker were very helpful and I sent them electronically to them.

I have always dealt with Dan at A-Plan, but sometimes even he can't do better....

With regards to the NCD they fed you a line there..... the underwriter provides the letter with proof of NCD, not the broker.... so I'd go back to them, and ask again! If they do not oblige seek legal advice.

Last edited by niz406; 21-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 21-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: nothing as fast as a skyline
Club ID#: 17601

Trade Feedback: (7)

View My Pictures
Endorx posted a negative thread today which I was able to look into and resolve and had a happy A-Plan client.

I do welcome comments good and bad, but Niz your comments were what I consider very personal because a rate with the same underwriter was uncut ( i even took the time to send you a message to explain and advised markerstudy had apologised to me for the mix up).

People here shop around all the time and some we win some we lose, and people dont give it a 2nd thought and happy with the deal they got.

Your original message was not so much your other broker were great, but how bad we are.. Since then 2 other comments have popped up, so its obvious you have an issue with A-Plan.

I have always said I will work my hardest and have tried to treat you all with a level of respect. Also for all the work I do helping you guys out, I do not get a penny extra.

Niz, I am still happy to chat again next year and have no idea why you are taking this to heart.

All the best

Dan
Old 21-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I'm not the one that went crying to Keith about it..... and got my threads and comments removed from the site.

I'm also not the one that went crying to the underwriter, just how do you have the right to discuss my cover / policy that I have with a different broker with that underwriter, you are lucky I'm not taking this further as both of you are in breach of the data protection act!

The underwriter should not discuss my policy between two different brokers, but at the same time.... A-Plan should not be calling them about it. I'm annoyed with A-Plan for trying to screw me over, and now I AM ANNOYED with you for the way in which you have conducted your business on here.

Calling Keith and having threads and posts deleted on a PUBLIC FORUM just because it shows A-Plan in a different light, is not on..... trying to hide behind the underwriter for your overinflated prices is not on.... people are well aware of broker fee's etc, so don't try and tell us its all down to the underwriter!
Old 21-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Regular DWYB'r

Drives: Sideways :-)
Club ID#: 23776

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Adrian Flux beat Sky for my latest quote...

Ian.

Edit: Other insurers are available. ;)
Old 21-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Adrian Flux beat A-Plan, but Sky beat everyone lol
Old 21-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
No longer a rep :( but still here :)

Drives: Skyline No.5 R33 GTR V-Spec, VW Passat B6 Bluemotion, Vivaro van
Club ID#: 24745

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (30)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZ 406 View Post
Adrian Flux beat A-Plan, but Sky beat everyone lol
Same for me

Plus adrian flux fanny about to much for me
Old 21-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: E92 M3, F30 m-sport, 64 moggy turbo pickup :)
Club ID#: 13176

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Dan can you explain my no claims issues please?
Old 21-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Drives: my legs
Club ID#: 22337

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZ 406 View Post
I'm not the one that went crying to Keith about it..... and got my threads and comments removed from the site.

I'm also not the one that went crying to the underwriter, just how do you have the right to discuss my cover / policy that I have with a different broker with that underwriter, you are lucky I'm not taking this further as both of you are in breach of the data protection act!

The underwriter should not discuss my policy between two different brokers, but at the same time.... A-Plan should not be calling them about it. I'm annoyed with A-Plan for trying to screw me over, and now I AM ANNOYED with you for the way in which you have conducted your business on here.

Calling Keith and having threads and posts deleted on a PUBLIC FORUM just because it shows A-Plan in a different light, is not on..... trying to hide behind the underwriter for your overinflated prices is not on.... people are well aware of broker fee's etc, so don't try and tell us its all down to the underwriter!
While I usually steer well clear of arguments that have nothing to do with me, I'm going to mention a couple of things as a sales advisor from a (completely unrelated) broker. I'm wording this as best as I can 'cause I don't mean to sound arsey etc but the internet is a strange beast and easily misinterpreted.

Niz, you have already mentioned your opinion on insurance in general being a scam and are clearly unhappy about brokers' fees aswell but how do you expect them to operate as a business? If you aren't happy paying a broker, go direct to the underwriter. I tried to at my last renewal and the underwriter wouldn't even look at a quotation! I'm guessing Dan simply asked if the underwriter could match the other brokers quote you had been given. I'm not necessarily defending Dan, but just thought it might be a bit fairer to confirm most of what has happened is common in the industry. With regards to everything else said on the forum I'm not saying anything as I don't know details, but as most people if you don't like the price just go elsewhere. Sometimes brokers' hands are tied.

A bit long winded and possibly veered off topic a little but I've had a long day

And with regards to Sparkys no claims problem. You will find most companies have a 'cap' you could go to them with 18 years no claims bonus or 80 and the discount will be the same. So when sending out proof that 'cap' is the number mentioned. Our NCB field only allows a single digit, but 5 or 9 gives the same price with most of our underwriters
Old 21-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
^^^ I totally get what you are saying, and when I say insurance is a scam what I mean is...... why should it be a legal requirement to have it, most of the time the underwriters fight amongst themselves over who is to blame, and it mostly ends up 50/50 and everyone covers their own losses.

But when you dont claim, and you never have to use it...... why should you be charged more for it, why are you more of a risk the following year after having a year of claim free driving?
Old 21-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

Drives: Skyline R34
Club ID#: 34535

View My Pictures
Surely discussing the details of a customer with another 3rd party is breach of data protection, here is a list of exemptions to Data protection but i cannot see how insurance costs would be one of them:

Dan you are aware The ICO can issue fines of up to £500000 and prison sentences for breaches of the Data Protection Act?
Old 21-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
Punch me.

Drives: 5.5 V8
Club ID#: 5685

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
I must admit when I got a quote from direct line that was £500 cheaper Dan suggested I was lying and told me HE had entered my details into the direct line site to check it, very very odd IMO
Old 21-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
Seasoned Member

Drives: Skyline R34
Club ID#: 34535

View My Pictures
Niz i know a person who is a consultant for Data Protection who i can put you in touch with?
Closed Thread