Who else is disgusted with apple? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #1

Drives: Spec 1 GTS25t
Club ID#: 25144

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Who else is disgusted with apple?

Just heard on the news today that apple somehow were allowed to sue samsung for "copying". They're getting a huge amount of money because on android phones you can double tap to zoom in on webpages and the like.

First off, apple copy other things, then patent things so nobody else can do the same. To start with they didn't even come up with the iPhone all by themselves, yet they are always making out they came up with all these exciting innovations. Facetime as an example, sorry, but could you not do video calling years ago on old nokia's? So how did apple come up with it themselves?

Secondly, their problem is with android, not samsung. So why sue samsung? Oh yes, that's right. If they went to sue google for inventing android, google would retaliate by blocking anything from apple using any of googles products, which they kinda depend on.

Back to them not even making the iphone by themselves, guess who apple were working with? That's right, google. Steve Jobs wanted to pretty much dictate how he wanted it, google disagreed with him so they parted ways. Steve Jobs then went off and patented everything from that collaboration that he could, then released the iphone which was heavily based on google's input. Absolutely disgraceful way of working, and it seems that's still apple's way of dealing with things even after his death. If they're a real threat, sue.

Last edited by StuartTheFish; 25-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.
StuartTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Club ID#: 4665

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (37)

View My Pictures
They are getting 1 billion dollars! Its all a load of rubbish. I cant stand Apple for one reason, i-tunes lol

Xbox ONE GamerTag = DRAGERBOY
dragerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

Country Flag

View My Pictures
It's that much? Wow, I don't know how the hell they can get away with it!
StuartTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #4

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Just heard it on the news for the fifth time today, apparently it's 660 million or so. They'll be patenting the ability to make a rectangular device with rounded corners next.
Old 25-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 32086

View My Pictures
I think that Samsung is definitely in the wrong here. The operating systems run at EXACTLY the same speed as the iPhone equivalent. They've obviously cloned the technology and now it's been proven in court to the tune of $1,000,000.00. If Apple have used other ideas then they haven't been caught yet.
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #6

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not, how is it exactly the same given that their operating systems are different?

Put it this way, pc's have used mice for donkeys years now as you all know. Apple macs started using them too, and you use them in exactly the same way whether a windows system or mac system, you move the mouse around to move a cursor around the screen, left click to select something, right click to bring up a menu, etc. So should Microsoft sue apple? That's exactly what apple are doing to anyone who's a threat to them, and in most cases they weren't even the first to do the thing that was "copied"!

They even patented the word "pad" a while back, even though it's not exactly a new word that's specific to only one thing in the world. So potentially, anyone that uses the word "pad" in the branding of their products could be sued. How they repeatedly get away with this kind of retarded shit is beyond me.

Last edited by StuartTheFish; 25-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Drives: URAS r334
Club ID#: 24078

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
the thing I find most disturbing is that in the US they win pretty much every lawsuit, but in every other country the judges are like...guys, go f*ck yourselves. One judge even asked the apple attorney if he was on crack when he claimed the would've sold 400 million(!!!) more iphones if samsung hadn't released the galaxy.

I'll leave you with this apple commercial to show that Apple today is just a money grubbing, disgustingly fascist company who want nothing more than to control every aspect of human life...exactly the opposite of what the original founders wanted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4
Old 25-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not, how is it exactly the same given that their operating systems are different?

Put it this way, pc's have used mice for donkeys years now as you all know. Apple macs started using them too, and you use them in exactly the same way whether a windows system or mac system, you move the mouse around to move a cursor around the screen, left click to select something, right click to bring up a menu, etc. So should Microsoft sue apple? That's exactly what apple are doing to anyone who's a threat to them, and in most cases they weren't even the first to do the thing that was "copied"!

They even patented the word "pad" a while back, even though it's not exactly a new word that's specific to only one thing in the world. So potentially, anyone that uses the word "pad" in the branding of their products could be sued. How they repeatedly get away with this kind of retarded shit is beyond me.
Nope not joking. Just stating that if there was no wrong doing by Samsung then it wouldn't have let them a billion dollars.
Operating system was the wrong word but they tested both the iPhone and the Galaxy and they functioned in exactly the same way and were exactly the same speed. It was a clone of Apples technology. These are facts. You're entitled to you opinion of coarse but you can't dispute the facts.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #9

Country Flag

View My Pictures
So for example, one mobile sending a text in exactly the same time as another mobile means one manufacturer copied the other and they'd be entitled to sue, even if the method used to do such a task is different?

It's a case of apple consuming everything, claiming it as their own and then the US courts sticking up for a US company.

Besides, samsung aren't the ones who made the operating system anyway, google did. Yet unsurprisingly apple won't touch google. Samsung aren't the only ones who use android, they just happen to have the largest market share at the moment, so the biggest threat at the time. A year or so back it was HTC in the firing line instead, which funnily enough also isn't a US company. Do you see a pattern here? Google is US based, and even if it wasn't, apple depends on it too much to pick a fight directly, they're trying to pick off the handset manufacturers that use the OS rather than target the OS itself.

Last edited by StuartTheFish; 25-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Samsung have been found guilty in a court of law with regards to their use of Data-Tapping and Unified Search Technologies that Apple have patents on. Whether you agree with the ruling or not it isn't all made-up. There has to be some substance to it or it wouldn't have gone to court.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #11

Country Flag

View My Pictures
That's just it, they patent everything, even if it wasn't theirs to start with, and then sue any competition that pokes it's head out of the trenches. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

It's no different to a car manufacturer suddenly trying to sue other manufacturers for also using four wheels and an engine to propel it, even though all the parts to do it are different. It's a joke.

Last edited by StuartTheFish; 25-08-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
ru'
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee

Drives: M3 Vert & X90
Club ID#: 11554

Trade Feedback: (7)

View My Pictures
@ Spooks.

And apple are totally evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
..i prefer bender !!...
ru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
All the technology companies can develop systems and processes and patent them.
Have a read of this. http://www.scribd.com/doc/96194759/1...n-Galaxy-S-III
Apples actual proposed injunction. There are other features that may be in contravention of apples other patents but hasn't fully tested the device and can more easily prove the infractions with the two patents above.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #14

Country Flag

View My Pictures
So when apple's phone OS was actually developed as a joint effort with google, they're still okay to take their ball home, patent everything made jointly with google as their own and start suing people? Why do you think both systems have some similarities?
Old 25-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
They're not sueing Google though. They have successfully sued Samsung though. I think HTC may be next too.