being accepted on to a college course i can't go to :( - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Mmmmmmm R32

Drives: Audi b5 s4 2.7 twin turbo
Club ID#: 17621

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
being accepted on to a college course i can't go to :(

a few months ago I saw a course in vehicle performance technology so rang up and had a chat about it, the tutor was originally concerned about my lack of qualifications but after a bit more of a chat about my history he was surprised I don't work in a garage :/

anyway after gettin the course details in the post realised I can do it due to not being able to finish early enough in my shit job so drew a line thru that and pretty much settled on being a boring bus driver till I'm old and talking to myself lol.

well yesterday an unconditional offer to get on the course turned up in the post and has ruffled my feathers again and it seems to have added venom I am back to being pissed off with myself and feeling like I'm in a rut yep I'm in a job and I'm grateful for the money but man it's boring and I never imagined I'd be in a deadend job.

just back to being a miseryguts lol
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: Sadly, not a Skyline anymore
Club ID#: 7759

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Only one bit of advice I can give.

When you're older & looking back - it's FAR BETTER to regret doing something, than to regret NOT doing it.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
I think I'm going to reapply next year and if I have to go part time or somethin at work I seem to be getting more cars on my books for maintenance to that might see me through money wise

Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R34 Gtt, Triumph Daytona 600, BMW S1000rr MX5 sportstech.
Club ID#: 23011

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Have you spoken to the college about your problems with getting there on time? Please don't take this the wrong way mate but saying you can't do it because you can't get there is, frankly, stupid. I really don't mean this as an insult so please don't take it that way but if your sure this is what you want to do then grab at it with both hands and don't let go mate!
There are so many ways to get round this... Speak to the college, they may be willing to agree to you getting there late as long as you can keep up with the work load. Also, perhaps speak to your boss to see if you can finish early some of the time? You don't make it clear if you just need an hour or two or longer but it's worth punt surely?!
There are also grants you can apply for which will mean you are more financially able to cope if you do need to go part time I order to attend. There are literally thousands of pounds set aside by the government to help people in that situation. You pay your taxes so claim some of it back!
I work in education and see people missing out on great oppourtunities all the time, your education is such an important aspect of your life don't let this slip by!

I wish you the best of luck mate
Sorry officer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
I'm going to call them tomorrow see if there is any leeway
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Man with Welt of Horse

Drives: R33 GTS-t
Club ID#: 16192

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
I got an unconditional offer for a motorsport degree 8 years ago. Didnt have the balls to move to Scotland (from Ireland)...

Still wonder what if...

I'm a no name parts man working in a dead end job with pretty much zero career prospects now.

I just finished a HNC in Mech Engineering part time, but its not getting me anywhere so here I am eight years later trying to get back to where I was!!

Moral of the story? Don't do what I did.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Mmmmmmm R32

View My Pictures
yeah the owner of one of the cars I'm now looking after (hks rb28 r33 gtr) give me a good talking to when I mentioned this to him yesterday he's a doctor (been looking after my recent health issues but spend more time talkin cars lol) and says he won't be prescribing me anti depressants if I don't go for it lol