I HATE LEEDS CITY COUNCIL!!!! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
this is me take it or do one....that simple

Drives: spec 2 skyline r33 gtst 330bhp
Club ID#: 30673

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
I HATE LEEDS CITY COUNCIL!!!!

over 2 years ago i had a really bad fall down some stairs when the flag gave way and made me fall down hitting my back on the corner egde damaging my back alot and twisting my ankle at the same time, luckly for me there was a passer by who helped my up and asked if i needed help, i said no and he gave me his name n number to aid me in a claim,

well as a result of this i had 6 months off work due to damaging my lower back muscles and nerves it actually ended my employment with leeds city council who were my employers at the time.

so they admitted they were at fault and admitted liability as i took loads of pics of the area in question and everything was going ok UNTIL i got a email off my solicitir saying that LEEDS CITY COUNCIL say that this maybe a fraudulent claim due to alot of claims agints leeds city coucil being all inter connected, WTF how on earth can my claim againts you be inter connected to other ppl?????

they got all the infomation my me, my solicitor and everything they asked for..and were given a untimatum from my solicitior to either put up or shut up... so either show us its fake or they had a date to give evidence its a fake and to our dis-beleif they didnt show us anything so now my solicitor is now taking them to court..

so just rang the sols now and asked whats will happen

he replied saying that he has never really had a claim like this taking so long but basically this is it they can either say that they just want an end to it and pay up. either say its a fake but they have no evidence to prove it and offer me a lower amount..

but really makes me laugh is that how can they say its a fake when if it wasnt for my car's alam n immobiliser fooking up i wouldnt have been in that particular palce at that time of night....
i even had 10 sessions of physiotherepy at a chinese medical centre as it was alot better then a doctors own physio sessions..paid for it out of my own cash too

has any1 else being in a situation like this b4 and what was the out-come as its really doing my head in..

Last edited by predator; 14-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.
predator is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: R32 rb25det 4 door
Club ID#: 33300

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
I fell down the stairs on my arse the other day if that makes you feel better?
Mini_the_Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
... is modifying the driver

Drives: Evo 3
Club ID#: 16122

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
my wife knacketed her knee Aug last year and was off work for 7 weeks - total negligence lay with Central Station in Liverpool as the floor was slippy at the time and on an incline - no slippy service signs were out and no one was monitoring the situation - the rain water was basically running down the inclinde along polished white slippy tiles - accident waiting to happen and it did

took until 2 months ago for the claim to fall apart - solicitors were pretty useless and basically everyone blamed everyone else - central station owners blamed the clearning company who blamed them back blah blah etc etc - its all a load of bollox these days no one accepts liability and will not just hold there hands up and say yep we messed up - an employee at Central Station even refused to help at the time, my wife at this point was on the floor with her knee cap sticking out the side of her leg screaming in agony, as he said that could "look bad" - believe me that [email protected] got a massive verbal full on gob full of my face once my wife was loaded into the back of the ambulance

good luck getting it sorted but it seems the waiting game is in full swing - I think they just delay and delay in the hope you get bored and go away

Link to my SO.COM track day R33 GTST build thread
Link to my Karting site
psmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
this is me take it or do one....that simple

Drives: spec 2 skyline r33 gtst 330bhp
Club ID#: 30673

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
oh no i wont be going away anything soon im an extreamly stubborn mofo and always get what i want in the end lol

these clowns messed up with not fixing the damage that was there and if it wasmt me who fell it could have being a child or a old person who could have have bigger injuries than what i had..
Old 14-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #5

Drives: R34 GTT
Club ID#: 25953

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmurphy View Post
its all a load of bollox these days no one accepts liability and will not just hold there hands up and say yep we messed up

an employee at Central Station even refused to help at the time, my wife at this point was on the floor with her knee cap sticking out the side of her leg screaming in agony, as he said that could "look bad"
No one accepts liability because, thanks to Americans, everyone tries to sue everyone...For everything! There's no way a company would say "sorry we messed up" and the victim would turn around and say "it's ok, everyone makes mistakes". Now, because of morons in America who don't know what cruise control is or that McDonalds is bad for you, the victim's first response is "I'm suing!"...So obviously the company is going to do everything in it's power to NOT pay.
I'm in no way saying that it was your Mrs' fault or anything by the way so no verbal abuse for me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmurphy View Post
an employee at Central Station even refused to help at the time, my wife at this point was on the floor with her knee cap sticking out the side of her leg screaming in agony, as he said that could "look bad"
When I used to work at Halfords, we were told by the manager that if someone fell over in the store we were under no circumstances to ask whether they were OK as that is admitting liability....Unbelievable!

To make sure you can see all the pictures, use Google Chrome with the following patch installed:

Photobucket Embed Fix
Timmy_GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
... is modifying the driver

Drives: Evo 3
Club ID#: 16122

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
^^^ yep we are in a total the sue, sue gotta take legal action culture these days, you just just need to watch day time TV for all the "make a claim" adverts, its pretty depressing really and has crept up on us from no where over the last few years

Link to my SO.COM track day R33 GTST build thread
Link to my Karting site
psmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote