Our benefits system sucks - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline R334 , Juke, Yam R6
Club ID#: 6059

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
Our benefits system sucks

I have returned from Saudi Arabia after my contract ended and been looking for a job for 2 months solid. I received a bit of money for the time served over in Saudi and this money has kept me going for a while, but running out fast. So I decided to sign on for job seekers allowance whilst I was looking for work. Bare in mind I could have started claiming 10 weeks ago, out of embarrassment I held off until now. Luckily whilst waiting for the decision to come back I have found a job and start on Monday.

Today I received a letter from Jobseekers and they say I am not entitled to anything due to not paying NI last year. Well hold on you we're happy with me paying it the 14 years previous!! Also you were happy when I was launching aircraft to go and bomb Iraq!! *******s don't give anything to hard working citizens! Only way to get anything is to be a complete waste of space, fake injuries, excuses for not being able to work or someone entering the country from another.

Apologies to anyone who has a genuine reason to not work, but there are loads that haven't and get everything on a plate. Our country is taking the piss!!

https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=176211
F1 carbon is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Kyusha_Riot

Drives: 1988 Nissan Bluebird
Club ID#: 31448

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
There fu**in useless mate I have been on JSA for a while unfortunately. other day I got a letter saying they might be stopping my benefit as I did not attend my appointment o nthe 18th of july this was 2 months ago lol, I then check my emails and foudn that on the 18th I sent an email to my adviser as I had turned up to my waste of time appointment an my bloody adviser hadn't! So I try ringing them an no answer had to send a letter in the end. I do my bit I turn up they dont and I get in trouble! JSA is a p*ss take can't wait to get a job! waiting on hearing back from a mates bodywork shop as far as helping people get a job aswell they don't help at all, its a waste of time if I am honest! I would like to take this opportunity to appologise to all people paying taxes as I claim JSA, yes I am ashamed of it but I am trying to get a job so until I am off it I would like to say sorry for claiming your taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator View Post
buddy seriously once im finished there wont any back doors left for me to bash in.
RendleRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
this is me take it or do one....that simple

Drives: spec 2 skyline r33 gtst 330bhp
Club ID#: 30673

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
im with every1 on this thread i have worked my ass off since i lefted college and since i fooked my knee up and ended up having an operation well at the time i was employed as an mot tester and when i went for my opersation my employer decided it was funny NOT to pay me sick pay or anything else oh and not to mention that i found out he wasnt even paying my tax or N I, so i ended up getting screwed in the ass big time.

and i was so embarresed to go to that office and ask for help as i couldnt even walk and i was looked down at like i was a piece of crap on drugs who couldnt be arsed to go n find work even though i had a genuine reason and to be honest im still not working but now its time for me to shuffle my life up as there is simply nothing out there for any1 in this country.

Old 24-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R32 GTR
Club ID#: 12102

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Don't be embarrassed about claiming JSA. that's what it's there for. It's the people who abuse the system and their the ones who know how to milk the system that piss me off. My girlfriend couldn't get JSA after finishing uni yet there's people who work AND claim benefits. This country is an absolute disgrace
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: nothing special
Club ID#: 35327

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Agree with all the above! It's a complete joke that they wont give it to people that actually need JSA and yet the doped up scumbag wasters can claim for 10 years no trouble. Complete Joke.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 31343

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
all you need to do is go get some 16yr old slag pregnant and you'll have a house and about 30k in benefits a year
dynamodux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
this is me take it or do one....that simple

Drives: spec 2 skyline r33 gtst 330bhp
Club ID#: 30673

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamodux View Post
all you need to do is go get some 16yr old slag pregnant and you'll have a house and about 30k in benefits a year
i would do that but when its not fair on the kid...
Old 26-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #8

Drives: R34 GTT
Club ID#: 25953

Country Flag

View My Pictures
This is definitely 1 topic that I could rant about all day, but I won't because it just boils my piss!

Benefits is obviously needed for people who genuinely can't work, but the criteria definitely needs a good looking at! I thought the government was assessing every single person who was claiming disability to make sure there were no stupid claims...That went well then!
Some friends of my parents (who have worked their whole life) were having a conversation with them and were actually bragging about how they'd conned the system and were "sorted" now that they'd managed to claim the maximum disability benefits....Bear in mind, there's NOTHING wrong with them but they're going to end up with more money than my parents who worked and saved their whole lives and have now retired with their life savings making next to nothing in interest every year....Unbelievable!

But yes....I won't rant!

P.S.
We could cut down on the number of benefit swindling scum bags if the "after care" on the Jeremy Kyle Show was a bolt to the back of the head!

To make sure you can see all the pictures, use Google Chrome with the following patch installed:

Photobucket Embed Fix
Timmy_GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Central Scotland Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: r33 skyline
Club ID#: 28496

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_GTS View Post
This is definitely 1 topic that I could rant about all day, but I won't because it just boils my piss!

Benefits is obviously needed for people who genuinely can't work, but the criteria definitely needs a good looking at! I thought the government was assessing every single person who was claiming disability to make sure there were no stupid claims...That went well then!
Some friends of my parents (who have worked their whole life) were having a conversation with them and were actually bragging about how they'd conned the system and were "sorted" now that they'd managed to claim the maximum disability benefits....Bear in mind, there's NOTHING wrong with them but they're going to end up with more money than my parents who worked and saved their whole lives and have now retired with their life savings making next to nothing in interest every year....Unbelievable!

But yes....I won't rant!

P.S.
We could cut down on the number of benefit swindling scum bags if the "after care" on the Jeremy Kyle Show was a bolt to the back of the head!

that jeremy kyle show does seem to drag up the dregs of society the worrying thing is that most of the people in my street would look at home on that show for instance a couple that have never work but now have 9 kids live in a fancy house that the council pays for and get hand outs to support there life style and guess what number 10 looks like its due soon

bring back national service

i tried to claim benifits about 4 years ago when i was made redundant this was after using every penny i had saved to support my family in hope of getting another job quickly and was told by the job centre i would only be entitled to minimum benifits for upto 6 months i have worked full time since i was 16 so im sure iv paid in for more than 6 months yet the 2 junkies up the street have been getting benifits for 10 years plus and have never worked

i would rather not pay into the system anymore as its a joke if you pay into the system you should only be entitled to take the amount you have paid in this will ensure that the working people get the support they need and the local scum get nothing
matty0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan Silvia S13
Club ID#: 3229

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Waste of time ranting about it, the only people who dont hate it are those who are on the system.

I work full time from 5am -7pm sunday-friday, earn jack shit wages and cant afford my dental treatment even though I'm on NHS. I've been given a deadline before NHS offer runs out when it ramps up by a massive percentage. Yet dole-dodgers? They get it all FREE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 carbon View Post
I have returned from Saudi Arabia after my contract ended and been looking for a job for 2 months solid. I received a bit of money for the time served over in Saudi and this money has kept me going for a while, but running out fast. So I decided to sign on for job seekers allowance whilst I was looking for work. Bare in mind I could have started claiming 10 weeks ago, out of embarrassment I held off until now. Luckily whilst waiting for the decision to come back I have found a job and start on Monday.

Today I received a letter from Jobseekers and they say I am not entitled to anything due to not paying NI last year. Well hold on you we're happy with me paying it the 14 years previous!! Also you were happy when I was launching aircraft to go and bomb Iraq!! *******s don't give anything to hard working citizens! Only way to get anything is to be a complete waste of space, fake injuries, excuses for not being able to work or someone entering the country from another.

Apologies to anyone who has a genuine reason to not work, but there are loads that haven't and get everything on a plate. Our country is taking the piss!!
s13_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Rav
pedaltothemetal

Drives: r33gts25t and r33gtst 4door
Club ID#: 17830

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Im not going to rant about it but i defo agree with all thats been said.
one thing that really does piss me off is the ones who aint even from this septic isle that draw enough money from the system to send money home to eastern europe (we all know this to be true) it ****in stinks!
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
Central Scotland Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: r33 skyline
Club ID#: 28496

Country Flag

View My Pictures
oh dont get me started on the polish and Lithuanians etc
matty0785 is offline   Reply With Quote