Prison Half Way House - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 37927

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Angry Prison Half Way House

So i got home last night with a letter in my door, i proceed to read this unmarked A4 page, i take a quick skim of it and i enter the kitchen and to my horror just as i was about to put it down i see the words prison re offenders imminent. So i start again this time with 100% attention, i will now cover the letter in brief.

Dear neighbour
We would like to take this time to point out that the havebury partner ship have neglected to tell us of our new upcoming neighbors, we (the letter writer) have just been informed the lovely flats at the end of the cul-de-sac are being or should we say HAVE been converted into to even smaller flats E.I more rooms for prisoners that have been recently or just released from prison, this also includes the most worrying part re offenders.
I think this is an outrage that people living her from homeowner to renting people, to the people that get help have not been consulted in this matter.

We have noticed (this is the bit i like) that you own a very VERY nice nissan skyline and we have also noticed the massive padlock that you currently have put on your garage (they also said the garage number). We highlight this to your attention due to if we notice then they will notice.
We would also like to note that when passing your house how clear it is seeing into your front room alike.

We are currently in dealings with a lady from the haverbury about this but we have started a petition to try and stop this from happening.

The street has a many amount of young children that im sure your aware play in this cul-de-sac, i have a child who is disabled who i regularly sit with as again you have witnessed who plays outside, having a disability means he does not know how to judge a character of someone.

Basically the rest of the letter was them asking for us to go round and talk to them.

In a nutshell IM LIVID i cannot believe this has happened, im outraged, does anyone know if i can do ANYTHING???

Many Thanks

L

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Lance - GT-S is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 32086

View My Pictures
My uncle bought a lovely detached house down a country lane a few years ago. He didn't realise that the row of 4 terraced cottages about 50 yards down the road were used as halfway houses for recently released cons and also recovering drug addicts. There were a few problems with them but all my uncle did was call the housing authority to complain every time and the council jumped all over them. You've got to remember that these people are on a fairly tight leash do if they do cause trouble then tey could end up back inside.
The cottages have since been bought and done up by a private near so everything is lovely now.
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
There are quite afew children around here, im not looking forward to this, im also moving the skyline aswell. im really hacked of that we were not consulted.

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Lance - GT-S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: my legs
Club ID#: 22337

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Get yourself CCTV camera? Surely they aren't going to be stupid enough to do anything that close to where they are? As above, hopefully they'll be pretty restricted anyway.
N4th4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
Rav
pedaltothemetal

Drives: r33gts25t and r33gtst 4door
Club ID#: 17830

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Can see where youre coming from here mate. we moved into gt yarmouth unbeknown to us a foriegners part with dealing on the streets ffs! the houses opposite are for emergency rehousing and the characters are very colourful to put it mildly. a house not 20 meters from us full of dirty junkies playing crap into the early hours. then to top it all a few weeks ago there was an incident where a 15 yr old and 8 yr old were almost accosted from outside their house. when we asked the old bill what was going on we were advised to move out of the area cos it is so shit. WTF! why should decent people have to be the ones to move? Needless to say we move at the end of the month but cos our house is privately rentad we now have to pay for two houses cos of the contract. Thank f++k we move to oz next year this country has turned to complete shit!!!!!
Dont put up with it get a petition going mate.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I will deffo do what i can, failing that we will move, will try get a house with a garage on it then. that being said i want to move to the states in a couple of years so i will see were my wheels take me

But not happy about this. the council really have not thought this through

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
If ur leaving what u doing with ya skyline buh?

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
poo poo

Drives: UK spec EVO 8 MR FQ-320
Club ID#: 17248

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
i used to live opposite a prison remand centre and down the road from frankland high security prison. tbh there wasn't much bother with them except the car park opposite used to get all sorts of undesirables turn up for visits who used to chuck there rubbish everywhere. we were evacuated twice for bomb scares (turned out to be mcdonalds wrappers both times) from the rubbish they would just leave lying around. The remand centre is now a all womans jail. the amount of times i had skanks cross the road and ask for lifts to the train station etc was unbelieveable, used to offer extra services as well!. many a time i was asked if i could get them drugs/take them to newcastle/go for a pint with them was a joke in the end. funnily enough theres a pub a mile or so away straight up the road (opposite was main bus stop to newcastle) and i used to use that as i my local (there was always coke on the toilet side) and once my mate found used needles stuffed down the back of the toilet (the management couldnt really stop it, tried but failed). its since been re-decorated and is now a family orientated pub

and rav i know what you mean my wife is from there and we lived there together for 6 months, i hate yarmouth with a passion!
a stu's gtrvspec again. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Rav
pedaltothemetal

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Lance im taking my veilside with me. but selling the four door 33gtst. if you know anyone mate i have a for sale thread on here.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I might have just the man, i will talk to him this weekend as he works away, whats the price fella?

Whats the shipping fees like mate? well i need to meet ya before ya leave!!!!

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
Rav
pedaltothemetal

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I have it up at 4500 but am more than willing to come to a deal. its had lots spent on it in the last year... around 10k. rare car.
Shipping to oz in a container with our household stuff is around the 3k mark, but im told theres a tax to pay there which is between 10 and 20% of cars original market value

Last edited by Rav; 09-10-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Man thats a total shit 10 - 20 of the orginal aswell thats a pain in the ass, i bet thats them saying oohhhh look at the shiny import TAX HIM.
U got a thread on it or anything?

_(OO[SKYLINE]OO)_
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep

Drives: BMW X5.
Club ID#: 8149

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
we had this a few years back the flats next door to me have been converted for people with mental health issues specifically schizosphrina (probs the wrong spelling) when they first moved in all was well, then one woman went schitz on my wife shouting an threatening to punch her blah blah, then tried to raise a hand when i was next to her, needless to say i sprawled her over my bonnet & kind of went schitz myself with there so called watchers as they were just looking out of the window. ive had few altercations with them and police have been called by both sides, to be fair they have never had a problem mainly as i have CCTV outside of my house and i only act out of retaliation. The staff are TBH useless the main guy there always trys to go out of his way to speak and when i have any concerns really acts on them shame the rest of them are pathetic sometimes you cant tell the staff from the inmates lol.

it has been a while since anything has happened, but the risk is always there. my advice try your hardest to not have them there, petition protest anything you can
MARKPRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #14

Club ID#: 19499

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Going back almost 20 year i used to live in Mapperley, Nottingham, the worst that ever happened was the OAP's had motability scooter races then the old boarded up house across the road got sold and renovated, within weeks we had stolen cars dumped behind the house and set on fire, we had break ins to cars and houses it went from being tree lined leafy road to Beirut overnight.
Then a resident who worked for the council let us in on the problem, the house was being used a bail hostel for people awaiting trial.
Phone calls to the council, the police and the probation service came up with the usual Nothing we can do about it, it's a private matter between you and the owner of the house. The owner was making so much easy money he didn't want to talk to us.
Then he got a taste of his own medicine, he got a new guest who for some reason fell out with him, big argument ensued 10 mins later said new guest came back and bricked all his new double glazed windows.

Karma is not just a dish at the local Indian
Clem64 is offline   Reply With Quote