Wasting a day and 120... come on guys what shall i do? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Accept the loss of 120 and get my deposit back 3 27.27%
Ask the seller to take some money off the price of the shell 6 54.55%
The seller doesnt owe me anthing - I should stop crying over my tampons 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Thinks he can Drift

Drives: R33 2 door, R33 4 door, S14, Z32
Club ID#: 31067

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Thumbs down Wasting a day and 120... come on guys what shall i do?

I feel the need to rant...

Yesterday was a totally pants day. Thanks to the generousity of cooper and the help of my brother, and the lending of my mums car I set off with some parts (coilovers and wheels) to collect my new shell! full of excitment with it booked in to my mates garage where we were to drop it off and strip the engine bay for paint.

Get the truck off cooper and all is well...

We finally get to get the shell only to find it's not a rolling shell in need of rear shocks...

it actually has half the parts missing, the rear has no ARB or HICAS or upper arms so the back wheels can turn toe, castor and camber... the front is fine on the right side but on the left there is no tie arm and no steering arm! so it's just a hub hanging from a shock

the car was on the drive front first with no rear tow point to make life even more fun

4 hours pissing about in the cold and rain and all i managed to do was hear very loud cracks from the side skirts (lovely as i bought the shell for the flipping body kit!!!!!!) no damage i can see but still I worry

Had to give up... it wasn't possible to get it on the truck

Now i need advice

I've paid 50 deposist on the shell... the owner is on holiday right now. When he gets back what do I do?

I can't afford another wasted 120 in fuel... so do I ask for my 50 back and cry over a wasted 120? or does anyone think i'm within rights to ask for the cash nocked off the price of the shell?

I dont know... I don't want to be a dick but the car wasn't as I was told and 4 hours farting about in the rain - my time wasted, coopers time wasted, my brothers time wasted, the sellers friends time wasted and I have nothing to show for it but a bad cold... so what do people think? the seller is a good guy so i just assume he doesnt know much about the cars mechanics and thought it was ok... but im out of pocket by a 1/4 of my monthly wage now

advice please...

"There's something about engines that calms me down"
"Snap-on, He who has the most tools wins"
"Burn rubber, not your soul"

Last edited by Adam-Murse; 05-12-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Adam-Murse is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Drives: R32 GTS-t
Club ID#: 23737

Country Flag

View My Pictures
How was the shell advertised? Those parts not missing and rolling a rolling shell? Did you see pics of it?
If so, it was misrepresented and you've got every right to kick up a fuss... I'd be asking for my deposit back and some of the fuel cost. Or a better outcome - all the parts go back on and the seller pays for the fuel for you to come back and get it as advertised
However it goes down... good luck!
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
The Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33 skyline gts spec 2
Club ID#: 35289

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
bm is my hero

Old 05-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Top Cat

Club ID#:

And mine.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33 skyline gts spec 2
Club ID#: 35289

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
epic picture
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #6

Drives: nissan skyline r32 gtst
Club ID#: 23413

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Bad buzz dude but I can't see the seller knocking off 120 just because you guys couldn't get the car on the truck, you can certainly ask him anyway but I couldn't see him knocking money off though.

Did you see the car before? (I'm presuming you have considering you gave him 50 deposit) I'd say your aswell off cutting your losses, there is always more shells lying around

AKA killer r32

Link to my VW build below check it out HERE

Connacht bi monthly meets HERE
(KILLER R32) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Thinks he can Drift

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter's Minion View Post
How was the shell advertised? Those parts not missing and rolling a rolling shell? Did you see pics of it?
If so, it was misrepresented and you've got every right to kick up a fuss... I'd be asking for my deposit back and some of the fuel cost. Or a better outcome - all the parts go back on and the seller pays for the fuel for you to come back and get it as advertised
However it goes down... good luck!
It was a rolling shell with everything needed to get it on a trailor... ok so i had a truck but lets not split hairs, it was a proper recovery truck with a winch. but with 4 wheels that will point where every they fancy and no way to control 3 of them I reckon it's safe to say there was no way to move it short of using a crane lol

The sellers mate agreed we had no chance... poor bloke was helping for ages... I really dont think the seller has done this on purpose as hes a nice guy. I think he just didn't quite realise whats involved...

I'm not going to be an arse, I'm not going to ask him to put parts on the car he can sell... I'm happy to take parts down with me (like i took my coilovers) it's no skin off my nose doing a bit of work there to help him... i'm just cheesed off about the wasted time and money.... glad you think i deserve some lee way too lol

I'm not going to ask for parts to go on AND fuel money back, it would be harsh on him. But I think asking for the money back is fair no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr33-sky View Post
bm is my hero
he's my bitch... or is it the other way round

Adam-Murse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Thinks he can Drift

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by (KILLER R32) View Post
Bad buzz dude but I can't see the seller knocking off 120 just because you guys couldn't get the car on the truck, you can certainly ask him anyway but I couldn't see him knocking money off though.

Did you see the car before? (I'm presuming you have considering you gave him 50 deposit) I'd say your aswell off cutting your losses, there is always more shells lying around
Saw pics mate... and talked to him extensivly before the deposit was paid and i went to get it... but I handn't seen it, it's too far away to drive to view then drive to go and get

No more shells I can find mate, too me a while to source this sadly... that said I can buy a cheap e36 BM (which i was going to get for skids with my mate next year) and then save up again for a shell... but im on holiday for christmas so nows the time to re-shell before i go back to uni

do you not think he's a bit responsible for telling me it was rolling when it wasn't?... thats what gets me, but if people think it's not his fault im not gonna ask him for the cash back i'll have to cut my losses

Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Punch me.

Drives: 5.5 V8
Club ID#: 5685

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by hr33-sky View Post
epic picture
Live by the sword...

spoiler pic removed*

Last edited by Poirot; 05-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Poirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Punch me.

Drives: 5.5 V8
Club ID#: 5685

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam-Murse View Post

do you not think he's a bit responsible for telling me it was rolling when it wasn't?... thats what gets me, but if people think it's not his fault im not gonna ask him for the cash back i'll have to cut my losses
Well it did roll but maybe not i the direction you were hoping eh, I get the impression the seller is a member here no?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Thinks he can Drift

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
Well it did roll but maybe not i the direction you were hoping eh, I get the impression the seller is a member here no?
lol it rolled in many directions... but there was no knowing where lolz

yeh he's a canny lad don't think he posts much but then he's on his holidays atm the lucky git... thats why i want to know what people think would be "fair" on both me and him if your with me?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes

Drives: Audi S5 4.2 litre V8, Silver R33 GTST, Wee Charlie R33 GTST, Mitsubishi L200 Warrior & Nissan Qashqai Bertha Bus, offical starter of V10 Viper powered S15 Silvia "Charlie"
Club ID#: 6479

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
dry your eyes, take the hit, all i would suggest is get as much info from any prospective seller first, dont get too excited and expect miracles from shells, most are 17year old rust buckets and everyone wants to pay as little for them as possible. Speak to the guy once he gets back from holiday, but a deposit is usually refundable especially if the criteria posted isnt what was found. If there are glaring errors from the seller and mis sold then you may have a case, if not, its down to miscommunication on both your parts.

Move on and buy a different car. You wont regret it
texvandoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #13

Drives: nissan skyline r32 gtst
Club ID#: 23413

Country Flag

View My Pictures
[QUOTE=Adam-Murse;2000226] do you not think he's a bit responsible for telling me it was rolling when it wasn't?... thats what gets me, but if people think it's not his fault im not gonna ask him for the cash back i'll have to cut my losses[QUOTE]

ah I thought you had seen the car in person before you gave him a deposit, that may be class as mis advertising (or what ever it's called) then you prob would be entitled to money back but I can't see you getting all your money back but I'd say your entilted to half of it at least, if you had written proof of the rental of the truck,deisel etc etc then you prob would have a better chance

well I hope you get it sorted anyway Adam

AKA killer r32

Link to my VW build below check it out HERE

Connacht bi monthly meets HERE
(KILLER R32) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Thinks he can Drift

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by texvandoodoo View Post
dry your eyes, take the hit, all i would suggest is get as much info from any prospective seller first, dont get too excited and expect miracles from shells, most are 17year old rust buckets and everyone wants to pay as little for them as possible. Speak to the guy once he gets back from holiday, but a deposit is usually refundable especially if the criteria posted isnt what was found. If there are glaring errors from the seller and mis sold then you may have a case, if not, its down to miscommunication on both your parts.

Move on and buy a different car. You wont regret it
good advice

the shell is what I want tex, it's got dings and a few rusty areas but it's good for what im after... i dont even need any of the suspension thats the daft thing... so if i knew it had no tie arms and steering arms i could have took mine, if i knew it needed a hicas motor to tie the rear wheels in - i could have taken mine, but i thought it was rolling lol

for a 20 year old car im not after miricles just the ability to get it to my house/my mates garage lolz

if you hear of a shell will you give me a shout? i'd love to do a tilly and get an R34 but they are usually covered in rocking hose poo

Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Thinks he can Drift

Country Flag

View My Pictures
[QUOTE=(KILLER R32);2000238][QUOTE=Adam-Murse;2000226] do you not think he's a bit responsible for telling me it was rolling when it wasn't?... thats what gets me, but if people think it's not his fault im not gonna ask him for the cash back i'll have to cut my losses
Quote:

ah I thought you had seen the car in person before you gave him a deposit, that may be class as mis advertising (or what ever it's called) then you prob would be entitled to money back but I can't see you getting all your money back but I'd say your entilted to half of it at least, if you had written proof of the rental of the truck,deisel etc etc then you prob would have a better chance

well I hope you get it sorted anyway Adam
the guys a normal bloke. It's not a case of worring about legal rubbish... just want fairness

i'll have a chat with him when he gets back and see what he thinks... im sure we'll sort something out he seems a canny bloke