People who rip into people and rip other owners off, with overpriced parts! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: '97 R33 GTST
Club ID#: 15756

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (27)

View My Pictures
People who rip into people and rip other owners off, with overpriced parts!

I always thought that car forums and communities were places where like minded owners help each other out with experience, knowledge and the sale of parts at community prices... it seems not!

For example Driftworks, people sell goods cheap because well...... drifters are cheap and want everything for nothing, to allow them to continue with their hobby! Hence Tramp Drifters exist!

But enthusiast communities are supposed to be about helping each other out, and sharing a wealth of knowledge, not so much here anymore. What I see lately is owners over pricing items, and longtime community members (who don't even own skylines) posting threads and comments towards new members that cause a reaction and bring a cloud of negativity to the site.

I'm not naming names, they know who they are.

But, I will give an example:

"Someone ask's a question, that they could of searched for..." and they jump straight down their throats, or they ask a question with not enough parameters for someone who is clearly to clever to answer, but would rather respond with statements that belittle them and make the site seem like the most unfriendly, confrontational place on teh internets!

I know I can sometimes be harsh, and that some of you hold an opinion of me that you will only talk about in private forums or private PM's, but at least I air my views to you directly!

What is the world coming to seriously!?!?!?!
niz406 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Punch me.

Drives: 5.5 V8
Club ID#: 5685

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
Subscribes.

Last edited by Poirot; 03-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Poirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
Subscribes.
LOL

Why you edit it?
niz406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Punch me.

Drives: 5.5 V8
Club ID#: 5685

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
My first impression was it was a moaning thread so I locked it and had a look at your last posts, I agreed with your opinion and decided it was worthwhile discussing it here, I changed my post from "locked" to "subscribes"
Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: GTST
Club ID#: 31261

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
i know what you mean to regards to prices main culprits are what we call them around here Just Donate Money Garage thats why now days i shop with skyline spares essex as steve doesnt rip you off and he is very helpful

these days its cheaper to buy stuff from some one else than a trader thats on the club seems like club discount doesnt count any more

for example i wanted black winscreen washer jets Just Donate Money Garage wanted 15plus P&P for the pair sod that i went to halfords (even tho they charge the earth) and picked up a universal set for 4

Last edited by Welsh Bob; 03-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Welsh Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
I agreed with your opinion and decided it was worthwhile discussing it here, I changed my post from "locked" to "subscribes"
I literally just spat coffee on the floor!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Drives: R32 GTS-t
Club ID#: 23737

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZ 406 View Post
I literally just spat coffee on the floor!
Floor suck!
Coffee is no different to booze - it's a huge waste
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
The Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Bob, that garage.....

Want FARRRRRRRRRRRRR too much for some stuff!

270+ vat +postage for standard spec 2 front bumper.

But aside from that, we are not very welcoming to new members..... I've seen new guys come and go over the last few months because of some peoples answers to their questions. It's embarrassing as a community member.... I thought forums like that were a thing of the past.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33 gtst
Club ID#: 35625

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Thumbs up

Niz you are spot on with this my first few posts (whilst trying to get to know how to use the forum an get to know people) I had people just tryin belittle me etc hence my first 6month just saying hi to newbies pmsl. Now I haven't got a big knowledge of the cars but I will try help out where I can
gts kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
But you are sound Kris, and definitely don't deserve it.... if they met you, they'd know that! I guess they just see a username and a small post count and think anything goes!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
Madman Sometimes

Drives: 1998 skyline GTT
Club ID#: 22958

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
I know what you mean, what gets to me are the company's that are straight in buying up all the parts and then you have to go to them for parts and they are selling for twice the price they paid! not saying all are doing it but i think we all know the one's that are. I thought this site was for people like me who don't want to get spanked when looking for second hand parts to keep my passion alive!! instead i get my ass skelped when something breaks on my car. That rant started off supposed to be a few words, right ok rant over.
wils R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T VERY clean with nice handling and DIY mapped Link G4 & Link Knockblock.
Club ID#: 457

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
The odd thing is even when I try to sell 'wanted' stuff at great prices one seems to want it, then after I give up, someone sells worse crap for more!!!!
I still have a lovely HKS high-power copy here and R34 SMIC cheep and no-one wants, yet traders charge double+ what I want.
But I saw your other posts and KNOW what your talking about - piss take it was.
Andrew.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

Drives: Drive Addiction R33
Club ID#: 13966

Trade Feedback: (11)

View My Pictures
Supply and demand plays a huge part with our cars being rare imports. Dealers offer an instant off the shelf solution to most problems, but because they have sourced and stored the parts before hand and have them readily available, their prices will usually always be higher than that one off owner selling a part because he no longer needs it.

I personally go through bouts of selling parts dirt cheap or at what i feel to be "true value" depending if i want to make money from it, or just want it out of the way, as I'm sure a few other people on here do so i can understand why some people sell the same item for 1/10th of or 10x the price as someone else.

It's a buyers market at the end of it all and that will ultimately determine the value of the items imo.
If a buyer needs an item ASAP, a dealer is the best bet where time > money, likewise the opposite is true where people will wait for a personal add if time < money.

I completely agree with the other statement though about belittling members.

I try my best to help out people when possible as i see many other members do, however have also had occasions where I've www.lmgtfy.com. unfortunately sarcasm/ humor doesn't translate very well in plain-text so can understand how this may come across as insulting.

On the whole though, this is by far one of the better communities (I can think of another skyline related forum that is MUCH worse!). Hell, i'm a member on other forums where posts / threads are instantly locked if you so much as utter another word about a club or try to sell or hint at items you may no longer need if you're not a paying member. No disrespect to them, they are a great bunch of guys, and it's their forum at the end of it.

Things can always be better, but .. for what it's worth i like it here, and every member I've met so far has been brilliant.

It goes without saying that without the help of this forum i would never be able to afford to maintain my r33!
DRIVE_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1997 Stagea RS4 Dayz
Club ID#: 41657

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
IMHO this is a pretty welcoming forum. When I was looking for a stagea, and since buying it, I've signed up to the 4 relevant forums (including a red one, a stagea specific one, and one that is only interested in rb26's).

I've stuck around here as I've found it to be the friendliest by far. Don't get me wrong the red site has also bee friendly, but the other two are definitely very different to here.
mowgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

View My Pictures
I have been on a lot of car related sites for some years, and I would disagree about the response to daft and newbie questions, I actually think this forum is pretty good in that although there is sometimes an element of tried patience in answers to a question that been asked for the 100k time, and most of the daft questions are answered with a good willed humour.

Some other forums are far less tolerant of this, and new members often suffer severe belittlement and piss taking, lets face it, if your of a timid or easily insulted demeanor, the the Internet is no place for you, there are so many different types of people out there and the and only some play nice.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote