Grrrrr! Bad tradesmen! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge > Do you know what really grinds my gears?

Do you know what really grinds my gears? No, tell us, we really want to know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Grrrrr! Bad tradesmen!

I hate unprofessional and rude trades people, the misses booked a local heating engineer to service our 3 year old external oil fired boiler, nothing special just the usual nozzle replace, clean and combustion check, I will be doing it once the five year warranty runs out.
Anyway today its raining and not very nice, however the misses sees the van arrive but looks like he cant see the house number, so the wife nips out to verify, ( I think he was already looking for an excuse to leave before he started)
Right from the start he was looking for a reason not to do the job to the extent that he was making obstacles and being just downright unprofessional and rude to extent where the wife called me and I said his attitude sucked, at which point he fooked off!
He basically dint want to do the job that he booked in the rain, now after going around the side of the house to look at the boiler he took the hose reel off the wall and chucked it on the ground, then proceeded to tell the wife that his gazebo would "crush the plants", and "you will be suing me because your boiler electrics get wet" fair point but but why not either just ring and cancel the job politely because of the rain, or just turn up and say sorry to let you down etc etc, but instead he is a complete knob end!

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1997 spec 2 33
Club ID#: 41662

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
I had a similar thing with bt. They had to fix the exchange box on the pole outside after we had no phone line and broadband for 8 weeks ( still being billed). They sent 2 guys to do the job and all they did was his and moan and then claimed they couldn't get up the pole without a cherry picker and fooked off even though the guy who diagnosed the problem had no troubles getting up the pole. We got rid of them and went to Virgin as they put their own line in. These sort of people are what you call a "jobs worth"
Old 22-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTR
Club ID#: 9356

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Grrrrr! Bad tradesmen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
I hate unprofessional and rude trades people, the misses booked a local heating engineer to service our 3 year old external oil fired boiler, nothing special just the usual nozzle replace, clean and combustion check, I will be doing it once the five year warranty runs out.

Anyway today its raining and not very nice, however the misses sees the van arrive but looks like he cant see the house number, so the wife nips out to verify, ( I think he was already looking for an excuse to leave before he started)

Right from the start he was looking for a reason not to do the job to the extent that he was making obstacles and being just downright unprofessional and rude to extent where the wife called me and I said his attitude sucked, at which point he fooked off!

He basically dint want to do the job that he booked in the rain, now after going around the side of the house to look at the boiler he took the hose reel off the wall and chucked it on the ground, then proceeded to tell the wife that his gazebo would "crush the plants", and "you will be suing me because your boiler electrics get wet" fair point but but why not either just ring and cancel the job politely because of the rain, or just turn up and say sorry to let you down etc etc, but instead he is a complete knob end!

There's more work in a 6 month sick note .... Typical plumber

"BOOM that just happened"

BN6 NISMO 400r R33GTRVspec

I may be getting older
but i'll never grow up
:gheyfight:
DazzaGTRVspec is offline   Reply With Quote