2008 Trip - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Events and Meets > National Events > Overseas Events / Trips

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #1

Club ID#: 13403

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
2008 Trip

First of all please accept my apology about the thread on another forum.

It rapidly degenerated and I should have asked for it to be stopped and not joined in with it myself. I regret this and accept this was a mistake.

The trip was made up of some top blokes (and wags), with a good spirit of support and friendship throughout the group. I fully accept this.

My personal focus was, and is, purely on driving the track and as my car was not on the road and is still undergoing expensive repairs, I feel my focus during and post the trip and was too negative and this spilled over into the thread.

All who attend the Ring will have moments of 'fun'. Some will have fun in different ways to me, so be it. In future I'll keep my comments to myself and continue to say them 'face to face' whenever I feel something is being done which should not.

I would like to thank Keith for a measured and carefully worded, non aggressive response and trust that it is now a time to draw a line under this and move on. I would also like to thank those who sent me PM's on this matter. All were responded to directly.

Would the moderators please close this thread now as I do not wish to suffer some of the abuse I got elsewhere and I do not wish to pass any negative comments here, nor do I want to stir up any bad feeling over what was a well organised trip with many highlights and positive points to remember, e.g. the castle visit, the meals, some excellent laps and watching some drivers learning the Ring and driving it very well, especially after so few laps (rob in the Beemer and Dharmesh in the 34, in particular).

Finally, for those who had car problems, I hope they are soon sorted, especially Dave who was kind enough to offer me a lift over at short notice, in order to get my parts to the garage, despite me having signed up for this in February.

I hope to have my car back to working order shortly and would be happy to take anyone out for 'free passenger laps' ALL DAY LONG as I will be going round and there is always a seat available to anyone who asks.

Best Regards
Trevor
TJW964 is offline   Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
#Team Morris- GoPro

Administrator

Drives: R33 GTST & a C5 RS6 torque monster
Club ID#: 4615

Trade Feedback: (57)

View My Pictures
Good reply Trev!

Topic now closed and a line drawn under it.
My Project thread
My Video collection

DEVILSOWN FACEBOOK
ADD ME FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
I'd definitely chase response as opposed to out n out power - even a jump from 300-340bhp to 400bhp is a serious fright - going to 450-500 is mental ...unless your Bruce there... then power is like pringles... enough is never enough ;)
...mmmm... pringles....
Closed Thread