can any one help - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15-10-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 1764

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
can any one help

Hi, just got my new skyline just after santa pod on the 10/10/04.

my guy in japan used a company called ya logistics and had a few problems.

1- When the car came over the front splitter was broken and needs to be fixed, and they said that it a grade 1. When putting or taking of the ship some one has broken the splitter and they said that it is not their fult.

2- Another thing is that a rev gauge which is said to be a nismo with light was stolen from my car at some point either from japan or when it got to southampton, and from doing this the broke my centre dash and now done some thing to the cars performance as well. I spoke to ya logistics and they told me that it must have been done in japan, but when speaking to my guy in japan he said he gave the car to ya logistics to put on the ship with all parts on the car and he said it must of been done in the uk. At the moment i am at a stale mate and need some information on this matter so that i know what i can do about this. Has this happened to any body else if so what did you do. can any body help me please.
r33 akk is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives:
Club ID#: 741

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
From what i know it happens all the time. Cars get banged about being put on the boats. Front splitters are a vulnerable area. Auction grade 1 simply means the car has been modified.

It is also very common for parts to be stolen. Southampton docks are notorious for this.

I know it is annoying but to be honest if i were in your shoes i would get over it and sort the car out.
vicky m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 08:49 AM   #3

Club ID#: 2715

View My Pictures
Unfortunatly you will Find that if your car is lowerd the shipping companies do not accept any liabilty for damage.As for the parts being stolen did you have any extra insurance? if so you will be able to claim,but this is a long process so somtimes you just have to bite the bullet.This is why we ship all our cars in containers at least we recive the cars in the same condition as they left Japan
skylinesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
petemillis

Club ID#:

As said, front splitters a vulnerable area and they're often too low to get on and off the ramps. That's just life and I fully understand why the shipping lines won't take responsibility. Cars can be containered at a cost of about an extra 250 per vehicle in a 3 car container so not too bad.
As for bits going missing...this generally happens it seems after the auctions down the Docks (Tuesday) when people have had the chance for a good snoop around. There's been a suggestion that cars get primed as they come off the boats but ones that ship with Yuwa Logisitics come straight off the boat into a secure compound. It's not very likely that stuff would go from this compound in my opinion.
Old 15-10-2004, 03:26 PM   #5

Club ID#: 1250

View My Pictures
Sorry to hear your misfortune, but unless you agreed insurance terms whilst being shipped I think there is very little you can do about it.
At least you got the car, the first one I shipped over is at the bottom of the ocean when the boat sunk - luckily I got fully refunded!
Silver_back1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
Backyard Mechanic

Drives: 350BHP R32 GTR + 50BHP Smart Car
Club ID#: 1938

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Just fix the things that need sorting, anoying I know but it does happen to everyone all the time, I've had turbo timers, stereos and all sorts nicked, a few breakages as well.
Japtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #7
ANDY W

Club ID#:

even with the standard shipping insurance you must have with YA to get the car shipped there is a 250 excess you will need photos to proove the damage was not there or parts were there before being shipped