Is This Really Worth That Money? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Is This Really Worth That Money?

I know some Skylines can command big prices, but whats the deal with this one, not heard of this particular R32?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2349685.htm

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
living the life

Drives: R33 gts2.5-t
Club ID#: 12338

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (14)

View My Pictures
over priced me thinks
Old 15-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
slightly sideways

Drives: 91 r32 gts-t
Club ID#: 14105

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
heard of this model alright but didnt know there was so few made. if i had 30 k to spare then i would but you'd get a well tuned 34 for that.
skylinemad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
bodged s13.

Drives: S13
Club ID#: 7909

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
the no ABS does suggest it's a 'proper' N1 version, same with the rear wiper being removed. iirc the R32 N1 was the base model for race prep. i think it's got lighter headlights with some other interior bits removed as well.

it's like everything, if there's a collector the values what it is - the rarity and no modifications, it would probably fetch the price.

problem is, most people think it's 'just' a nissan.
alanjuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Drives: R32 GTS-t
Club ID#: 23737

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
the rarity and no modifications, it would probably fetch the price.

problem is, most people think it's 'just' a nissan.

Bingo! That is a collectors car. It's definitely not something that will decrease in value, I'd even say it would be fairly easy to find an international buyer for it!

Those are definitely N1 headlights and they are rare as hell to find for sale. I think I have seen only 1 pair for sale over the years... there is a chance they may be fake N1 headlights, but thats an easy visual check..... and the other details mentioned above all make this being genuine a possibility. If it can be proven using the chassis number then yeah, its probably worth every dollar! (....or pound )

It's hard to put a figure on a very rare, but not very 'recognised' super car. I guess the seller can drop the price if it doesn't sell

[edit] 1994 was the last year Nissan made the R32 GT-R which also adds to the rareness (no other R32 models were released in 1994, it was just the GT-R)
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov

Last edited by The Great White; 15-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.
The Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Drives: R32 GTS-t
Club ID#: 23737

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Skyline GT-R 'N1' model, introduced on July 19, 1991, was designed for home-market N1 racing with a total of 228 units produced. The most notable change was in the engine, which was upgraded to the R32-N1 specification. The car was also lightened by the removal of the ABS, air conditioning, sound system, rear wiper, trunk carpet, and the use of light-weight headlights. No color options were available and all 'N1' cars were delivered with a thin layer of Crystal White paint. The result was a 30 kg weight savings for a curb weight of 1,400 kg.

To celebrate the success of the GT-R in both Group N and Group A racing, Nissan introduced the Skyline GT-R V-Spec ("Victory SPECification") car on February 3, 1993. The V-Spec added Brembo brakes and a retuned ATTESA E-TS system to the Nismo and N1 packages, as well as 17" BBS wheels with 225/45/17 tires. The V-Spec has a list price of 5.260 million.

Finally on February 14, 1994 the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II was released, with the only change being wider 245/45/17 tires. In addition, both the V-Spec and V-Spec II had a curb weight of 1,480 kg (3,256 lbs), weighing 50 kg (110 lbs) more than the standard GT-R.[9] Total production of the V-Spec I and II was 1,453 and 1,303 units respectively.

Total production of the R32 Skyline GT-R was 43,394 units, with production starting on May 22, 1989. An above average proportion of the GT-R's were sold in white: this is likely due to the fact that white is the national racing color of Japan in international motorsport.
Production figures

* Standard Cars = 40,390
* NISMO Group A Evolution = 560
* V-Spec = 1,453
* V-Spec II = 1,303
* N1 Race Version = 228
* Total = 43,934
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline_GT-R
Not totally related to this thread, but there is some interesting info on that site, tis quite a good read!

[edit] I think the seller is confused at the number released though.....1994 R32 GT-R V Spec II - 1,303 released. There were 228 of the original N1's released. (going by that ^^^ quote the V Spec I & II are essentially upgraded versions of the N1)
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov

Last edited by The Great White; 15-01-2011 at 01:36 PM.
The Great White is offline   Reply With Quote