Worried about the safety of my car!1 - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: series 2 r33 gtst
Club ID#: 18779

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Angry Worried about the safety of my car!1

So i got home from work tonight,i live in a block of flats in a nice quiet area nothing really happens round here.As i was walking to the entrance of my flat a guy that lives in the flats calls me over to his car to inform me that at around 2pm the other night he witnesed 3 teenagers trying the door handles on a few cars including mine!!

He went outside to question them and they ran away.Im now worried they might return.car has a good cat 1 alarm so they cant steal it, but if find any damage i might end up in prison if i ever found them!.

Might have to go back to keeping it at the girlfriends parents house,they live on a farm with long drive and cant be seen from the road,its only a 5 min drive from me:

Rant overlol.
smiley28 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Assassino

Drives: R33 gts-t spec 1.5 & 2.0 Bora and a minted merc CLK 320
Club ID#: 15076

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (13)

View My Pictures
mate chances are they were just idiots who ain't got a clue and they did try other cars as well if it was just yours they tried i would be more worried but at the same time if you can cope ok with the car at girlfriends parents house it probably is a case of better safe than sorry
Old 29-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Top Cat

Club ID#:

Do what I and most folk do. Take out the fuel pump fuse or wire in a hidden switch in place of it. ;)
Old 29-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: Twingo cup
Club ID#: 20461

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Fuel pump fuse is a good idea which one is it lol??
rob_mclav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: Stagea
Club ID#: 24440

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakypaintbrush View Post
mate chances are they were just idiots who ain't got a clue and they did try other cars as well if it was just yours they tried i would be more worried..
Very true. It's not a very nice feeling, but if they really want in your car, they don't go trying the handles on everyone's car in the street. It looks like they're either after a bit of opportunism, or just fancied messing with peoples cars.

If they wanted in, they'd pop the window there and then. And if they planned to go back, they wouldn't be bringing that attention to themselves in the first place.
benrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: R34 GTR OMORI FACTORY SPEC S1
Club ID#: 16997

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrichards View Post
Very true. It's not a very nice feeling, but if they really want in your car, they don't go trying the handles on everyone's car in the street. It looks like they're either after a bit of opportunism, or just fancied messing with peoples cars.

If they wanted in, they'd pop the window there and then. And if they planned to go back, they wouldn't be bringing that attention to themselves in the first place.

+1.

I bet this happens to your car / our cars all the time when parked up in different locastions like when your shopping for instance. So i would not worry unless they did try and break in.

If they wanted to break into your car they would of. But these theifs sound like the type that go around seeing if the owner was stupid enough to leave there car open and then steal your sat nav or money etc left in your glove box.

I shouldn't say this as stealing is 100% wrong but i can live with theifs that dont damage your car or want to steal it but teach you a lessson not to leave your car unlocked! yes you loose your sat nav or simular but take it as a lesson not to leave your cars unlocked!

This happened to me once, i left my van unlocked and full of tools. To be honest i always did as i used to live in a very quiet area that nobody locked there cars etc!
Anyway they took one of my tools (closest to the back of the van and in a box). This tool was worth around 5000 and was really heavy! Well lucky for me a neighbour from down the road knocked the door in the morning and asked me if i had lost my tools? confused i looked at my van and the door was open! Neighbour says dont worry its outside my house! I walked down the road and yes my 5000 tool was sat outside his house? We can only guess the tool was to heavy for the theif to carry. it did weigh a ton and i could only just get it on and off the van.

Lucky for me but i learnt my lesson to lock at all times. (o and remove all tools )
mattysupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
... is modifying the driver

Drives: Evo 3
Club ID#: 16122

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
if they wanted your car it would be gone... opportunists dIcks

Link to my SO.COM track day R33 GTST build thread
Link to my Karting site
psmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33
Club ID#: 10737

Trade Feedback: (11)

View My Pictures
leave the glove box open when you leave the car mate so they can see there just wasting there time.
crossy 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 12638

Trade Feedback: (13)

View My Pictures
Yeah just opportunists mate, wouldn’t worry too much about it. I know it’s not nice knowing someone has tried to get in your car without you being there, but it’s what the lea leaves do. My alarm senses the door handles being tried and then makes the fob bleep with an icon telling you the handle has been tried. In 3 years its happened about 5 times while in asda car park and 1 or 2 times while outside my house (normally it’s in the garage)

Just make sure nothings on show and as above, glove box open showing its empty is a good tip
Andybrowngtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #10

Club ID#: 27252

View My Pictures
We had this in my road 2 nights running, a couple of people wondering round late at night trying car handles. One of my neighbours left a rear door open and lost their satnav - but that was all.

They're probably just opportunists, wanting to quickly nab a satnav or something.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
Random Sarcasm Generator

Drives: R32 GTR
Club ID#: 20747

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Get one of these http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...fZSruqRWUDoEEA
Carfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
ThEmoHelpline.com

Drives:
Club ID#: 12347

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (18)

View My Pictures
Defo sounds like a bunch of oppertunists mate, my alarm beeps differently when dissarming if anyone has been at the car (door handles,proximity sensor) and it happens a lot more than i like but thankfully never damaged.
Divol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #13
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(

Drives: R33 GTS-T
Club ID#: 15772

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
If they really want in they will. My old car didn't have an alarm and they must have known that as they just stuck a crowbar in the top of the door and bent the top of the door down so they could open it...

I never leave my car unlocked ever and remove anything valuable from it.
GazJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
Top Cat

Club ID#:

Pager alarms are good. They'll send a beep to the fob and it tells you what sensor has gone off on the car. Pretty cheap too.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Seasoned Member

Drives:
Club ID#: 23723

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (17)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Pager alarms are good. They'll send a beep to the fob and it tells you what sensor has gone off on the car. Pretty cheap too.
Could you recommend one?
badger. is offline   Reply With Quote