Saying hello - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #1

Drives: R33 GT-R V-Spec
Club ID#: 63345

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Post Saying hello

So I'm the proud new owner of a 1995 GTR V spec.

All I can say about the car is HOLY **** I don't believe this thing is 20 years old. I didn't realize it was the same size as a Camaro of the same vintage.....and twice as gnarley. The boost lag is real, but once you get the spools going man are you getting somewhere fast. The HICAS is still alive, and very annoying, but the car sticks to a corner, just feels really damn wierd doing it.

Mods on it (that I know of)
APEXi cone filters
Nismo air meter
HKS pipework intercooler, intermidiates, down pipe and exhaust
HKS boost controller of some sort.....that I need to pull out and find the manual for.
18 wheels, very very unstylishly shiney wearing 255/35 rubber bands
Oil cooler, I see the hosing, but didn't feel like pulling off the front end out of curiousity
Aftermarket rad and intercooler.
NISMO dual plate clutch....says previous owner.
I would assume the blow offsa and waste gates were played with but who knows.

Very solid overall, the oil temp gage is out and there are no AFR or EGT gages so I'm not trying to play with the boost controller quiet yet. Other that the right mirror doesnt fold out properly and the trunk (boot for you euros) should probably be replaced, both paint fading and rust coming through. Also what I understand to be the standard trunk leak, and tach that only works part time.

My to do:
Brakes holy crap, the rear rotors are so worn I didn't bother measuring, this weekend they get chucked. The fronts as aftermarket slotted with screaming ceramic pads, they have to go, to the tune of 3500 yen (300ish USD) for the brembo, worth it for my sanity. All parts on order.

Obviously sort the gages, no oil temp, egt or afr with forced induction makes me nervous.....the tach I am pretty sure I can fix.

Short shifter, debating on the solid NISMO bit, but damn, its expensive, but the stock shifter is pretty sloppy ..... even if I didn't suck at shifting left handed.

Does anyone have pics of the stock suspension, there are definately coilovers under there, but I've no idea if they are supposed to be.

Last edited by Tripped1; 20-07-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 Gtr mnp
Club ID#: 7065

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (9)

View My Pictures
Hi and welcome

Got any pics?
If you coilovers are adjustable then not standard as they are not adjustable.

If standard turbos don't boost above 1 bar (14 psi) or it'll go boom.

Owned: R33 gtst 4 door and Silver R34 gtt 1998, white R34 Gtt 2001. Now have a R33GTR
Hugh Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #3

Drives: R33 GT-R V-Spec
Club ID#: 63345

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
Hi and welcome

Got any pics?
If you coilovers are adjustable then not standard as they are not adjustable.

If standard turbos don't boost above 1 bar (14 psi) or it'll go boom.
Ok that makes sense then, the shocks looked to rattyto be aftermarket. I'll get pics this weekend when I pull the wheels off, damn car is to low to get a good eye on the suspension otherwise.

....and yeah I read that about the turboes, I was going to rebuild then with steel wheels when my bike gets here. For now I am limited to one day jobs.

In newbies, a good few pics, limited by only having android devices, my computer isn't here yet.

Last edited by Tripped1; 20-07-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote