bells autos - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By niz406
  • 2 Post By sparkyr33
  • 1 Post By Hudders
  • 1 Post By markie123
  • 1 Post By DRIVE_Chris

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 43268

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
bells autos

just had a call earlier from bells autos saying cant map car tomorrow because the boost controller hasent arrived.they left it to the last minute to let me know.i am self employed and booked day off with out pay.now have to have thursday off as well so now losing 2 days money.i am not happy they told me they had controllers in stock so why leave it so late to get one,has anyone else had this problem as not happy about losing somuch money.
markie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: E92 M3, F30 m-sport, 64 moggy turbo pickup :)
Club ID#: 13176

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
Source a controller yourself and drive it there ?
Old 18-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

View My Pictures
Not ideal but least you only lose one day pay that way?
Old 18-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
2late to do anything now so hope they will get delivery 2morrow so can go thursday just annoying as i booked it in a week or so ago
markie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: Stagea nm35
Club ID#: 25715

View My Pictures
from what ive seen over the years its not the first time they have done this
skyline alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: Drive Addiction R33
Club ID#: 13966

Trade Feedback: (11)

View My Pictures
not a fan of bells, constant delays, poor workmanship and sending items/car back due to them not checking their work
Old 19-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
so in your opinion is it worth me taking it to them and if not any recommendations
Old 19-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Drives: '97 R33 GTST
Club ID#: 15756

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (27)

View My Pictures
No matter WHERE you take it YOU will find there are always good and bad reviews of UK tuners. We're an inconsistent bunch (British public) and as such you cannot please everyone all the time.

I went to Bells / RSP 3 times in my ownership and to be honest only issue I had was a delay in mapping due to needing a bigger fuel pump. On night stop over and it was all sorted in the morning.

In my time I also used MGT and I contacted RB Motorsport, MGT were okay to deal with I suppose, overpriced a little and there were things on my car not put back properly once they had finished the work, which I rectified.

RB Wouldn't even quote me a standard rate for specific work, which as far as I'm concerned is just a bullshit scamming tactic. If all you do is Skylines how can you NOT KNOW how long it would take to do a clutch change.... and thus not give a fixed price.

At least Bells / RSP give fixed prices and they are super quick at clutch changes... it was worth the 5 hour round trip IMO. Still worked out cheaper for clutch change and fuel than going to MGT, and that was for an uprated clutch kit not standard.
ms33 and OliH like this.
niz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_Chris View Post
not a fan of bells, constant delays, poor workmanship and sending items/car back due to them not checking their work
Chris what work did they do on your car?
Old 19-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #10
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

View My Pictures
Bells are miles better than they were 10 years ago.
Loads of advice they will issue and it's not making them money when they do that!

Things happen
Delays occour
I guess you are going for a custom map on a stock turbo. If so.... no1 is better on stock ecu
niz406 and Gixxergaz like this.
Old 20-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #11
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST and a Suzuki GSXR1100M
Club ID#: 24763

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (13)

View My Pictures
Personally I can't fault the service I got.

My 1st GTST had a terrible misfire and a big hole in the fuelling. I spend ages swapping bits in and out to try n cure it. I didn't.

Half an hour on their dyno and they'd had it diagnosed it.

Worth the 2 hour drive each way imho. The drive home was far more enjoyable

They were known as RSP then.
niz406 likes this.

PS3 tag - Romford-Boyz
Hudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by niz406 View Post
Chris what work did they do on your car?
lol don't get me started...

cam belt change (they left a stone resting on the tensioner pulley that cut into the belt ... "luckily" i pulled the engine a few hundred miles later before it snapped so head was saved ... although... reason for engine pull is below...

loose and missing bolts on items they had replaced

engine detted soon after a tune from them causing ringland failure and required a rebuild (this is when i found the cam belt issue)

endless delays

clutch went back twice as they didnt even both replacing the pilot bush causing a nasty noise, asked them to replace the clutch release bearing while at it .. they didnt

gearbox had to be rebuilt 3 weeks later due to clutch drag after fitting a new clutch

baffled and extended sump built and was leaky costing me an additional £300 from garage-D to fix the leaky welds (didnt want the car to go back to them after all of this hassle)

car was covered in metal swarf on collection (was MINT before) ...

they don't check any of their work.... has cost me 10k and 4 weeks off of work to rebuild and forge my engine myself (i did this last year myself, i've since put about 4k on it and is running 100% still.... just as it should be)

I have 0 faith in their work, which is a shame as they should know better after going bankrupt and changing their name 3 times ... some people never learn apparently, it's a shame as Rich genuinely has a ton of valuable advice and experience, either they're hiring monkeys to do their grunt work or he's just lost the passion of keeping customers cars safe

people warned me, but i was swayed by others who praised them and they were local... make your own call

Last edited by DRIVE_Chris; 20-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.
DRIVE_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
just got back from bells ran 270brake standard then 325.5brake after car feels so much better thanks for a great job and excellent service will defo use again for there 400 kit cheers guys have big smile on my face on way home
niz406 likes this.
Old 20-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #14
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_Chris View Post
lol don't get me started...

cam belt change (they left a stone resting on the tensioner pulley that cut into the belt ... "luckily" i pulled the engine a few hundred miles later before it snapped so head was saved ... although... reason for engine pull is below...

loose and missing bolts on items they had replaced

engine detted soon after a tune from them causing ringland failure and required a rebuild (this is when i found the cam belt issue)

endless delays

clutch went back twice as they didnt even both replacing the pilot bush causing a nasty noise, asked them to replace the clutch release bearing while at it .. they didnt

gearbox had to be rebuilt 3 weeks later due to clutch drag after fitting a new clutch

baffled and extended sump built and was leaky costing me an additional £300 from garage-D to fix the leaky welds (didnt want the car to go back to them after all of this hassle)

car was covered in metal swarf on collection (was MINT before) ...

they don't check any of their work.... has cost me 10k and 4 weeks off of work to rebuild and forge my engine myself (i did this last year myself, i've since put about 4k on it and is running 100% still.... just as it should be)

I have 0 faith in their work, which is a shame as they should know better after going bankrupt and changing their name 3 times ... some people never learn apparently, it's a shame as Rich genuinely has a ton of valuable advice and experience, either they're hiring monkeys to do their grunt work or he's just lost the passion of keeping customers cars safe

people warned me, but i was swayed by others who praised them and they were local... make your own call
Now that's a list and a half, how do you get a stone stuck under a tensioner that's encased in two covers??

Your car detted and blew the ringlands, what boost / power? That's a common failure for stock pistons, is it a spec 1 or 2?
Old 24-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #15
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by niz406 View Post
Now that's a list and a half, how do you get a stone stuck under a tensioner that's encased in two covers??

Your car detted and blew the ringlands, what boost / power? That's a common failure for stock pistons, is it a spec 1 or 2?
yup, it must have fallen there when they were changing the timing belt, as their timing marks line up perfectly for the stone to rest between the pulley and belt... still, they ever so generously exchanged the belt for another £20 bluprint one, so .. all good right?

I asked specifically for a safe map, they claimed that the car made a good amount over 450bhp (running all quality parts, ballbearing hybrid, nismo injectors, genuine 32, apexi downpipe/elbow etc), but tuned it back to 456 to run "safe" at 1.3bar

I know ringlands go, and i'm not too fussed about that part, its the constant failures every time the car comes back to them relating specifically to work they've done (clutch, gearbox, sump, timing belt) ... might ALL be a coincidence ....

It's a shame as Rich's maps consistently come back higher power than competitors.. I'm not sure if this dyno is 5-10% out, or if he maps them slightly more lean/aggressive or he's jsut that good.. shame he can;t get a cold start map down though (another thing the car was returned for) ..

Garage - D on the other hand, car's running great (albeit at 400bhp now (although i am running cams/lower compression in preparation for a larger turbo later on)) .. that being said.. they did crack my headlight (projector retro fit...) so.. eugh.. finding a tuner that looks after your car is hard
niz406 likes this.