RB25 warm start issue PLEASE HELP - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #1

Club ID#: 86586

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
RB25 warm start issue PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, Ive got a problem on my r33 rb25de. The problem is it doesn't start once it's warmed up to normal it'll just wind over and not catch, now and then it'll go after a few cranks but most the time you have to wait an hour or so for it too cool down to start it. It starts fine from cold first pop every time and runs fine . Also when it gets to normal temps it idols roughy and on the odd occasion it'll stall during idol, I think it's running rich too because you can smell fuel coming from the exhaust. I've done a bit of research and heard it could be a number of things. I took my ecu temp sensor out and tested the resistance which was with in spec. Any others tests to check for that voltage? I am going to clean my afm and my iac this weekend? Is there any electrical tests you can do on these, I've seen that you can check the voltage on your afm. Any other ideas on what it could be coils,fuel pump etc and how to diagnose the problem. Cheers
Nehe420 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Change the ECU coolant temp sensor, if its failed it will cause a rich mixture by default making hot start hard.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #3

View My Pictures
Cheers, i will order one and give it a go.
Nehe420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #4

View My Pictures
so ive tested the restiance on my coolant temp sensor and it comes back at 350 ohms when the cars at normal tempeture which is about right.
Is there any other problems that can happen with these because it seems algood to me.
Nehe420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
But have you checked the temp sensor resistance at other temperatures, if the ECU doesn't see the expected rise drop in the resistance range it thinks the sensor is faulty, and runs cold start mix permanently.

However other possible causes are FPR, check vacuum feed is working, stuck injector, injector ballast resistor failed, if they are the type that has them, but most of these would also show up during normal running temps as well.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote