HELP!! lost my skyline key - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By er34.rory
  • 1 Post By er34.rory
  • 1 Post By V-SpecII

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: R34Door
Club ID#: 79938

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
HELP!! lost my skyline key

Lost my only key to my R34 gtt. Iíve looked ****ing everywhere. Whatís next phone Nissan or a locksmith?
er34.rory is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: A Silver one.
Club ID#: 12835

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Take one of the locks out (boot is easiest) and take it to a good car locksmith he will be able to cut another one. 1990s cars are not hard to get into Im sure you can work it out.
Old 22-12-2017, 12:58 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by endallwar View Post
Take one of the locks out (boot is easiest) and take it to a good car locksmith he will be able to cut another one. 1990s cars are not hard to get into Im sure you can work it out.

Howís can I get the boot open without a key lol? All doors are locked
er34.rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Was doing a little searching online, apparently imported non gtr skylines donít have chip in the key?? so if I got an auto locksmith to make me a key I should be golden??
Old 22-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: A Silver one.
Club ID#: 12835

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Did you get into the car? They are not hard to get into but Im not going to post how to on a public forum.
Old 22-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: R34 Skyline
Club ID#: 58090

Country Flag

View My Pictures
You and me Rory, luckily for me my car was garaged so left unlocked. I went to useless Nissan & apparently GTT are not on their system as every GTT is an import, only thing on their useless system is the 80 Middlehurst GTR's.

My problem here is, I want the car to open/lock with the fob, so getting a locksmith won't help.. or am I wrong.

I was told removing the lock from the passengers side it has a 4 digit code which Nissan could then produce you a key/fob etc. surly this has happened to somebody else and not just useless me, hope somebody will be able to shed some light on this. x
V-SpecII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Hi vspec, yeah I seen you posted on someone’s thread about the same issue. Managed to get into the car, wasn’t too hard tbh. When I got my car imported last year it only came with the spare key so I’m not too bothered about buttons on the fob as I’m used to manually locking/unlocking with the key. I believe theres 4 digits under the ignition barrel on a piece of plastic. Aren’t these the digits to get a key made up? Who would be able to do that? I’m guessing not Nissan as like you said GTT are import so that code wouldn’t be on their database. Only option now is to get auto locksmith to make up a key from a lock(ignition barrel). Or could I take my barrel into timpsons or local hardware store and they could do it? so I’m right in saying there’s no immobiliser inside the gtt keys? That’s madness no wonder people fit alarms.

Last edited by er34.rory; 22-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 23-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I didn't post on anyones thread, it was my own lol. ;)

Top stuff, glad you managed to 'break in' to your own car.

Ahh awesome, I opened up the ignition barrel and found the little ring wrapped around it which had 4 digits on it. So these the magic numbers then..?

The geezer who served me at Nissan did seem like he'd had a long day & didn't seem v.enthusiastic to help tbh, he put in my reg then asked if it was an import... so here's me wishfully thinking if I gave Nissan that magic 4 digit number they would be able to produce a key & fob from it..??

I’m to lazy really want the buttons. Hope somebody has the answers I'm looking for.

Correct no immobiliser inside the GTT, pretty embarrassing since L Reg Micra (R32/R33 era) even had them. Mind you in this situation I'm not complaining.

Last edited by V-SpecII; 23-12-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 26-12-2017, 02:27 AM   #9
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-SpecII View Post
I didn't post on anyones thread, it was my own lol. ;)

Top stuff, glad you managed to 'break in' to your own car.

Ahh awesome, I opened up the ignition barrel and found the little ring wrapped around it which had 4 digits on it. So these the magic numbers then..?

The geezer who served me at Nissan did seem like he'd had a long day & didn't seem v.enthusiastic to help tbh, he put in my reg then asked if it was an import... so here's me wishfully thinking if I gave Nissan that magic 4 digit number they would be able to produce a key & fob from it..??

I’m to lazy really want the buttons. Hope somebody has the answers I'm looking for.

Correct no immobiliser inside the GTT, pretty embarrassing since L Reg Micra (R32/R33 era) even had them. Mind you in this situation I'm not complaining.
So right now you have your key made up? Just not fob programmed yet? I’ve been texting an auto locksmith hopefully we can sort something out soon. Do you know the key blank mate? Is it da34? Yeah the immobiliser thing is kinda shady but like you said, I’m glad it hasn’t now as it would be a right kick in the wallet shall we say. Also, I had my passenger lock out the other night, there is no codes on it, had a look at drivers one too but didn’t completely remove it and I couldn’t see any codes on that.
V-SpecII likes this.

Last edited by er34.rory; 26-12-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Vspec, I can confirm there is a code on the driver lock, I had a look earlier. There’s a guy who might be able to help you with the fob, he’s on eBay as snaptek-auto. He has blanks and I just messaged him with my code to get a plain key made up. I haven’t asked about fob programming as I’m not that bothered about it tbh
V-SpecII likes this.
Old 26-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by er34.rory View Post
So right now you have your key made up? Just not fob programmed yet? Iíve been texting an auto locksmith hopefully we can sort something out soon. Do you know the key blank mate? Is it da34? Yeah the immobiliser thing is kinda shady but like you said, Iím glad it hasnít now as it would be a right kick in the wallet shall we say. Also, I had my passenger lock out the other night, there is no codes on it, had a look at drivers one too but didnít completely remove it and I couldnít see any codes on that.
No bud I don't have a key yet for 2 reasons:

1) I am a bigggg procrastonator!!

2) I felt that a locksmith would take advantage & charge a ridiculous figure for a 'key only', for I figured if I am going to be paying a small fortune then I may aswell get a fob with it, if you get my drift. TBH with you, at this rate I probably couldn't give a fob about the fob.

Well that safes me removing the passengers side lock, so REALLY appreciate thae advice bud!! Believe it or not a reputable Skyline Tuner gave me that advice!! They've restored countless R34's, I trusted there word as I felt if anyone would have know it'd been them!! Clearly not.

Quote:
Vspec, I can confirm there is a code on the driver lock, I had a look earlier. Thereís a guy who might be able to help you with the fob, heís on eBay as snaptek-auto. He has blanks and I just messaged him with my code to get a plain key made up. I havenít asked about fob programming as Iím not that bothered about it tbh
Awww wow thats bloody awesome, cheers for letting me know.
I am guessing the number on the drivers lock is different to the one on the white ring thing on the ignition barrel right..??

As mentioned above screw the bloody fob, I just wanna get back in to the drivers seat and get the damn key made already hahaa!!

Keep us posted bud.
Old 26-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
The code on the ignition barrel thing Is different yes, don’t know what it’s for, fob programming related? Who knows? The code on your drivers lock is 5 numbers long and that’s what’s needed to make your key. I took the passenger one out during the dark so maybe there is a code on that one too. I will take passenger one out and check during daylight just out of curiosity haha.

Yeah I agree about the locksmith, i feel they would take advantage lol. That guy on eBay I mentioned has blanks for £5 and will cut you it. He’s quite local thankfully. He Hasn’t got back to me yet but I would imagine two cut keys for around £50? Id pay that. I’ll probaly pick the keys up and will prob ask about the fob just to see if he can do it. Once I finally get the keys I will get an alarm for sure, considering the poor security lol.

If you get your hands on the blank. Not sure just a guess but you may be able to get a regular locksmith (timpsons etc) to cut you the key as long as you have the code. I’ll keep you updated. If your needing advice on the doorcard removal etc let me know.

Last edited by er34.rory; 26-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #13
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
The code on the ignition barrel thing Is different yes, donít know what itís for, fob programming related? Who knows? The code on your drivers lock is 5 numbers long and thatís whatís needed to make your key. I took the passenger one out during the dark so maybe there is a code on that one too. I will take passenger one out and check during daylight just out of curiosity haha.

Yeah I agree about the locksmith, i feel they would take advantage lol. That guy on eBay I mentioned has blanks for £5 and will cut you it. Heís quite local thankfully. He Hasnít got back to me yet but I would imagine two cut keys for around £50? Id pay that. Iíll probaly pick the keys up and will prob ask about the fob just to see if he can do it. Once I finally get the keys I will get an alarm for sure, considering the poor security lol.

If you get your hands on the blank. Not sure just a guess but you may be able to get a regular locksmith (timpsons etc) to cut you the key as long as you have the code. Iíll keep you updated. If your needing advice on the doorcard removal etc let me know.
Aww awesome man, so they are different, well I have got the ignition barrel number so if it helps with fob programming then thats just great. ;)

Speaking of curiosity what years your R34. If you discover the passenger side code, is the same as the drivers side then the reputable company that advised me were right.

My locksmith phobia happened when I found a number for a local guy online, it went to an automated answerphone which mentioned it would be £80 if things were pretty straight forward or if more complex can end up costing over £200 (might I add not even guaranteed), so I think I just got inundated by this & ended up taking a back sit, knowing my car was sat safely in my garage, then just hoping for the best that one of my 3 little ones had lost it and would hopefully find it somewhere in their toy box lol.

Wow the guy on ebay does them for £5! So is it 'da34' you mentioned earlier..?

Yes bud if you could ask him whenever you go to pick yours up that'd be great.

Security wise the GTT is pants.

Regarding Timpsons, if its as simple as just giving Tim my drivers side code and he can cut us a key I'd be over the moon!!

Cheers for all your help & look forward to your update.

Damn right I need help!! I took of the door card got my hand in with a 10mm (I think), but it was just so hard to see any thing, then just gave up in the end, been a good few months & not looked back haha!!
Old 28-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I could give you a big hug right now mate!!!

Thanks for that PM!!!!!!

As mentioned I haven't got my key made yet, but you've instilled 100% hope in me now, & without further ado I will be getting the key made pronto!!

Screw you book face... & Long live the FORUMS!!
er34.rory likes this.