engine burning oil engine swap?? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #1

Club ID#: 85489

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
engine burning oil engine swap??

hi could do with some advice iv got a r33 1994 gtst spent ,s now getting it on road. its running great but it burning oil its not turbo unfortunately so looking at rebuilding it.
iv found a engine its a rb25det out of a r32 says it has fully rebuilt forged bottom end . they have fully receipts its a block with out head fitted so can see pistons. they say its neo engine not sure what that is. will it work in my car? or should i just get mine done ? thanks in advance dan

Last edited by swifty1; 17-01-2018 at 05:17 PM.
swifty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 83841

View My Pictures
I would rather fix my own engine.

Only way you want an engine from somewhere else is if they are a highly reputable company and it comes with a decent warranty.
Dazsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazsw View Post
I would rather fix my own engine.

Only way you want an engine from somewhere else is if they are a highly reputable company and it comes with a decent warranty.
thank you for the reply. that is what i was thinking just like the idea of engine in engine out as iv just got it on road after 3+ months of welding (engine out job). was thinking of maybe selling it but think ill lose so much on it. dont know whether to go forge or set of rings ect
swifty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty1 View Post
hi could do with some advice iv got a r33 1994 gtst spent ,s now getting it on road. its running great but it burning oil its not turbo unfortunately so looking at rebuilding it.
iv found a engine its a rb25det out of a r32 says it has fully rebuilt forged bottom end . they have fully receipts its a block with out head fitted so can see pistons. they say its neo engine not sure what that is. will it work in my car? or should i just get mine done ? thanks in advance dan
If its got receipts and built properly then there is no reason it shouldn't be OK, besides its an easy job to pop off a couple of bearing caps to check, the worrying part would be the lack of a head and the turbos, but if its cheap enough it might be worth it, it all kind of depends on what your looking for as to power etc.
Check out what the rebuild costs as opposed to the short block cost and go from there.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #5

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
If its got receipts and built properly then there is no reason it shouldn't be OK, besides its an easy job to pop off a couple of bearing caps to check, the worrying part would be the lack of a head and the turbos, but if its cheap enough it might be worth it, it all kind of depends on what your looking for as to power etc.
Check out what the rebuild costs as opposed to the short block cost and go from there.
thats what im looking in to at the mo. im really thinking of trying to sell it as it is .may be easier to lose now rather then spend more and lose even more then. thanks for advice

can any one tell me if the 1998 neo rb25det block is the same as the 1994 rb25det block thanks

Last edited by swifty1; 18-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.
swifty1 is offline   Reply With Quote