Telskyline1's post - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > General

General Skyline related chat only please
Sponsored By: www.OnlineCarParts.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #1

Club ID#: 5964

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Telskyline1's post

He wrote:

hi guys i would like to say that although i dont have a huge post count im on here nearly everyday (when time permits it) and i find this website by far alot more friendly and also the tech knowledge and support as well as the general topics spot on i live in grays just near lakeside and i have never been to one of out meets (but will be soon when i get my car back)but i did attend one with the other mention club as it was at the half way house wich is 20 mins from me so thought i would have a look. spoke to a few of em and there was a few that were ok but most of em the second i spoke to them about there car they just gave me a one word answer and then looked at me like i had the plague.
i havnt wrote this statement to slate the other site but i am entitled to my oppinion of people and the ones at the meet didnt want to know me as i wasnt a member (because i dont agre to payin a fee without findin out what i am gettin for my money)and if i was gonna join there site i would deffinantly wouldnt after meeting them.
on the other side of things as i said i havnt been to one of our meets but have no doubt when i do get to one that the people on this site will be freindly and have the time to speak to another person wich has a huge passion for skylines and other cars wich at the end of the day i why we all joined in the first place.i can say this about this site because everytime i have posted or read a thread people always put good comments and look after each other.

sorry to go on but as a kind of closing statement i would just like to say that i have been more than happy on this site and will continue to use this site as my skyline type forum to go on and through personal experience would never join or attend another meet from the other mention site as i said this is my own personal experience that has formed my oppinion wich i am entitled too
and as r33baby said started on this site so i will stay on this site.

Not going to start on the fact that my 8 year old daughter has better spelling, grammar and punctuation but what a complete waste of a post regarding the F5 vs SOC debate when the meet in question was nothing to do with SOC and was in fact organised by a drift club.

http://www.driftracing.co.uk/drift/viewtopic.php?t=1229

If you're gonna join a debate about SOC, at least post something relating to the SOC or you're wasting your time.

WabzNazm is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
Ex Skylineowner

Drives: A bike!
Club ID#: 7090

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
Fair enough, well pointed out!
Old 16-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 6924

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
from what i read in it, he was saying how friendly he finds the forum, i didnt realise it wasn't arranged soc, but never mind. regards keith

Old 16-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: r34gtt,R/R sport tdv8, 530 sport,ribble grand fondo,mk2 golf gti
Club ID#: 10019

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (16)

View My Pictures
i hate red writing.......
cossiedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
confused.com

Drives: Toyota Hilux surf 3.0 in blue and rust
Club ID#: 8636

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (12)

View My Pictures
can you just feel the love guys?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hesh1138
EAdevelopements mow has a Facebook page too!
hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 6924

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
yes hesh i love all of ya's.....lol......

Old 16-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
yippe lets all have a smoke ...
Old 16-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #8

Club ID#: 10954

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
It's time to 'man-up' and feel the love..

D-Sleazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline gts-t
Club ID#: 9329

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHIEF View Post
from what i read in it, he was saying how friendly he finds the forum, i didnt realise it wasn't arranged soc, but never mind. regards keith
Guys sorry i am a little confused i was saying that i like this site and that my experience with the other site(that i understand is called skyline-owners-club wich is nothing to do with us as far as i know) was not good i dont know were this drift meet came into it as i have never been to a drift meet but again have nothing against them.
I understand this site is called skylineowners and the other site (which i posted about)as skyline-owners-club,this is who i was talking about and not a drift meet i hope this clears this up as i didn't mean to offend any members on THIS site.

Last edited by telskyline1; 16-06-2007 at 12:13 PM.
telskyline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
To wabznazm, i dont understand mate i wrote that post thinking that i was giving my opinion of what i think of this site and what my personal experience was with the skyline-owners-club but i must have been wrong ?.And also i wrote that post when i was very busy at work and at no time said my grammer and spelling was great also i dont want to get into a silly row with u but i at no time to the p**s out of u or anyone on skyline-owners-club so i dont want u doing it to me.
As i said i dont want a row but i still dont understand why u are unhappy about my post (other than the fact my spelling offends u lol).I also said this was MY personal experience wich i was just passing on to other people so your experince with skyline-owners-club could be diffrent to mine, its the way of the world mate

Also im not shure but the post i thought i replied to was about a conflict between skylineowners and skyline-owners-club i could have poted it in the wrong section as i read the post in the morning then went back a replied a little while later,plus i didnt see anything about drift on there? so i dont no what happened there.

Last edited by telskyline1; 16-06-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 16-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Wabznazm

This is the post i was replying i thougnht i was replying too (by bigchief)

I have posted this as an announcement also...........

As some of you may or may not be aware, a severely inflammatory thread has been posted on the Skyline Owners Club making various claims about this forum. As we are an open community we feel this warrants a response from us.

Since this forum was purchased by me at the start of the year, SOC has gone out of it's way to draw members from here in an attempt to charge money for the privilege of full membership. The tactics employed by them to this end have included attempts to discredit our technical information, usurp our stand positions at major events, sabotage of our TOTB team entry, and attempts by it's members to discredit the irreproachable reputation of Rising Sun Performance. The latter action resulted in RSP being removed as traders and banned from the club. Also, you may be aware that all forum staff from here were banned from the club site in recent weeks/months without reason. This action was mirrored by ourselves in an attempt to defuse what appeared to be an omen of something to come, tonight we have been proved right. Childish name calling is one thing but when a pre-meditated attempt is made to ruin the business of a person by denying them a source of income and advertising, the cracks within that organisation really start to show.

When I bought this forum I knew I was buying this forum and this forum alone, I have never professed to or attempted to own SOC as the FREE online community we provide here is far greater in both size and support than any organisation that places new members under great scrutiny and at times ridicule coupled with threats of violence from one particular member. Moderating staff from here in the form of General Banter have been accused of registering over there under false names which is untrue, however he wishes he had because Rumpleforskin is an excellent username and he is riled that he never thought of it first .

If you read the thread on SOC carefully, you will notice how many times the phrase 'YOUR CLUB' is used in an attempt to affirm that they do not own it. Well this is OUR community and derogatory statements to the effect that we are all 'Chavs and Cheerleaders' will wash over us unheeded, strengthened by that fact that unlike them we do not have any threads entitled 'My cars got an ASBO - Legal help needed'.

They have also accused us of threatening them with copyright action over use URL's, the address www.skylineownersclub.com was included in the sale of this forum and owned by me. Theirs is hyphenated and therefore very different. Yet another thinly veiled attempt to stir up old differences between the sites that we had long since considered over. There membership is dwindling as we speak and this is a very transparent attempt to lure enthusiasts into parting with their hard earned to finance their organisation. We have always been a free community and shall remain that way, with no intention of forming a rival club.

Recently we have shared locations at meets and events with SOC and have managed not to have a physical fight yet, so any threats of violence barely warrant space in this post or the time spent reading about it.

In a nutshell, Buster Gordon and his cronies are clearly rattled about the way in which this forum has continued to grow and blossom without their 'indispensable' presence, and this is down to you guys for which all the staff here thank you for. And with your continued help this will remain the number one choice for true purists of the Nissan Skyline.

Thanks

Keith

Last edited by telskyline1; 16-06-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 16-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
telskyline1 dont worry about your spelling mate , mine is a lot worse than yours lol
Old 16-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
lol cheers cossiedave
Old 17-06-2007, 01:20 AM   #14

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by telskyline1 View Post
To wabznazm, i dont understand mate i wrote that post thinking that i was giving my opinion of what i think of this site and what my personal experience was with the skyline-owners-club but i must have been wrong ?.And also i wrote that post when i was very busy at work and at no time said my grammer and spelling was great also i dont want to get into a silly row with u but i at no time to the p**s out of u or anyone on skyline-owners-club so i dont want u doing it to me.
As i said i dont want a row but i still dont understand why u are unhappy about my post (other than the fact my spelling offends u lol).I also said this was MY personal experience wich i was just passing on to other people so your experince with skyline-owners-club could be diffrent to mine, its the way of the world mate

Also im not shure but the post i thought i replied to was about a conflict between skylineowners and skyline-owners-club i could have poted it in the wrong section as i read the post in the morning then went back a replied a little while later,plus i didnt see anything about drift on there? so i dont no what happened there.
You said you attended the halfway house meet and talked about the "other club" and refer to SOC. They had nothing to do with that meet. It was organised by a drift club and that's the meet you were talking about. If you didn't like the poeple there that has nothing to do with SOC (the other club you referred to).
WabzNazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #15

View My Pictures
http://www.driftracing.co.uk/drift/viewtopic.php?t=1229
WabzNazm is offline   Reply With Quote