South Wales Rolling road day - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Events and Meets > Local Events > Wales

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old 16-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #1

Club ID#: 34365

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
South Wales Rolling road day

Hi Guys,

Im sorting out a rolling road day on the 14th of April @ Got Boost Bridgend for the SXOC.

2WD ROLLERS ONLY (sorry GTR lads but after the lack of interest on the 4WD front on previous days i have arranged your on your own)

Would anyone have any objections to using this rollers ?

They are a mainline set-up. And i have held a few days there in the past with no issues at all. Also the results have always been pretty much on the button and realistic to the point where they break a few hearts lol

Also im going to work on adding boost logging to the package price listed below, as it's usually and additional 5!
If i do get it thrown in you must make sure that the take off is easily accessed and is a simple pipe off pipe on set-up.

Power Run FAQ

We have 3 different options for performing performance analysis on our state of the art Mainline Dynolog Chassis Dynamometer. Our dyno is a 2wd 500 version capable of testing over 1200hp at the wheels, and housed in a custom dyno cell with dedicated extraction system and 18bhp of vehicle cooling delivering a constant 70mph wind speed, allowing us to test very high HP vehicles continuously without issues.

Basic Power Run

Our basic power run consists of 2 back to back runs with AFR logging, we will carefully load your vehicle onto the dyno and securely strap the vehicle down, after a warmup session and checkover we will continue ahead with the power measurement. You will be given a customer printout showing Power and TQ at the wheels and flywheel, along with AFR ( air fuel ratio or lambda ) for each run. Price for a basic power run is 45+vat. Boost logging is also available for an additional charge of 5+vat, where applicable and accessible, and will be graphed alongside AFR on the same printout. Some basic diagnostics can be carried out during the 30mins we allow for a basic Power Run session. Customers will then be given advice on what improvements can be made.

Advanced Power Run OBD2 Logging

Our second option is the same as the first option with the addition of advanced OBD2 logging, by connecting to your OBD2 based vehicle ( most factory vehicles after 2001 ) we can Log and Graph a range of engine parameter alongside HP, TQ, AFR and Boost. Parameter available vary vehicle to vehicle, but examples of commonly logged data include Ignition Advance, Intake Temp, Coolant Temp, MAP/MAF, Road Speed, Fuel Trim, Open/Closed Loop, plus many more. This data will be logged at the same time as the power run and graphed separately for analysis. Price for an Advanced Power Run is just 65+vat, and you will be supplied with detailed printouts detailing all logged data. Customers will then be given advice on what improvements can be made.

Club Days

If you are part of an organisation/club/forum, why not arrange a Club Day where you and your friends can benefit from great discounts. Power Runs on a Club Day are the same as a Basic Power Run ( HP TQ AFR ) and priced as follows

5-10 vehicles - 40 each*
11-20 vehicles 35 each*
21-30 vehicles 30 each*

We require a 100 booking deposit for all club days, and confirmed numbers attending at the time of booking, we request that the organiser collects full payment from all club members prior to arriving, to confirm and receive the above discounts.

*All prices are including VAT ;)

SO

What do you guys think ?

There will be a 10 deposit required and this will be NON REFUNDABLE.
VIDAL BABBOON is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #2

View My Pictures
List of interest so far looks like

SXOC

Phill
Stu
Gti James
AdamB
Nathand

350zoc

Madhatter
Ozzy225
Seabee

Skyline owners

MX5Nutz
VIDAL BABBOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
tit

Drives: Skyline r33 v-camed rb32 GTR - R32 GTR - Lotus Carlton - Range Rover Sport - Vw Crafter
Club ID#: 34197

Trade Feedback: (10)

View My Pictures
alot of fun, and not tat far!
shame mine is 4wd :'(

My 1000bhp r33 rb32 (3.2ltr) v-cammed powered GTR build https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=203161
Calibrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 33953

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
dont mean to kill this thread...... but ive been there and the guy told me the car was boost'ing fine but it came at 104bhp.... with a 2inch slit in the intercooler hose...... plus he run the car once not three times and didnt even diagnose it probly
tony100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #5

View My Pictures
That does not sound like Got Boost ?

They always do 2 runs back to back and provide a laminated print out, you got the print out from the run ?

How was the car even running with a 2 inch slit in the ic pipework ? mine would just stall with a boost leak that bad.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: GTST
Club ID#: 31261

Country Flag

View My Pictures
would never use these for a dyno on my car EVER they are a joke i know lots of people who when there with major issues with them i perosnally always have used just for power runs wilfield tuning in abbercynon he was sh!t hot at doing my classic mini i had. Only thing with him now hes in his 70's and out of touch with remaps and software ect but for power runs he know his stuff

Last edited by Welsh Bob; 03-03-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Welsh Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #7

View My Pictures
Well out of all the clubs i have approached for this rolling road day this is the only club that has posted comments about how bad he is ?

And having personal experience of the operator and cell i fail to see the problem ? or is it simply down to the fact that the rollers are harshly accurate and perhaps you are chasing figures ?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
its the fact that i went to this place before i had my skyline
1. they don't know their bum from their elbow
2. they run little tiny or even no cooling fans or they never used to when i was there look on their pic for more evidence of this
3. got any proof of their dyno being accurate ? as i beg to differ
4. one of my good mates had a car go down and it fell of the dyno ie not strapped up as good as it should be
5. none of the supra owners are going none the mx5 club
6. tbh i wouldn't trust that place with my kids toy car let alone any thing else the place is a joke !

also did some research on your name from south wales and found out some interesting stuff
may i ask why all your posts i looked at i.e supra owners,seat owners , mx 5 ,vw,skyline owners , after a quick search i found a fair few owners clubs and i got bored after the 6th site you have been active on in the last few months.All the posts on 9/10 sites i looked at are just about rolling roads ? ? or rolling roads days out ???? do you work for them or some thing ? ? ? ? as it says alot for got boost dosent it if they were that good and reliable why get some one like you to promo their name on every owners site ??????? or am i just paranoid ??????

also got just had a word with my brother in law who has a supra and he said got boost moved from llandow to brackla where they are now as they had such a bad rep in the tuning world and they moved to a smaller unit to build up a rep again

Last edited by Welsh Bob; 04-03-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Banned from Site

Drives: r33 gtst
Club ID#: 20485

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
Detective bob
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
i also have a mate whos had work done with them and had nothing but problems with them!! think im going to take my bussines else where thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Detective bob
lol i knew some thing didn't seem right tbh
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #12

View My Pictures
Too much time on your hands Bob ?

Although it's not hard to track my user name down now is it ! you missed a few clubs too ;)

I have no affiliation with any rolling road company's or organisations, If you have done your homework. You will see that the last rolling road day i tried to organise was to be held at Indigo GT as there was a fair interest from the 4x4 lads.

Mason (who knows me personally) posted this one on my behalf as i had not joined the forum at that point https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=184149

Unfortunately no 4x4's came trough with the deposits. As the numbers were below the minimum required by Indigo, It was cancelled and everyone was refunded.

I have been having problems with getting numbers for any kind of meet in the south Wales area for the lads on the SXOC. As you can see with the lack of names on the list im still having Problems.
So the idea of combining meets and events with other clubs was born in an effort to raise numbers. This meant i had to join loads of websites and created much more work for me (I don't really want nor have the time for this). BUT if it meant i could lay an event on for the SXOC lads then it was worth it in my eyes.

I am an REO for www.SXOC.com as im sure you already knew from doing your research ? but you refrained from mentioning this for some reason ?
Im also an REO for SFS performance hoses but again you only seem to have found info that suited your misinformed attack on me ?

I was informed by a few people to give you lads a very wide berth. BUT as i could see your region was suffering with a lack of meets and events, I thought as fellow Nissan owners you might have jumped at the chance for me to give things a little help ?

This was cleared by chatting to your Area Rep who knows me outside of the internet, and i then put up the post about the monthly meets.

At the end of the day it was not much more work for me to post on multiple sites. Im doing all the unpaid hard work in my own spare time for the lads on the SXOC anyway !

So im sorry you feel that things are going perfectly well with your regular meets and events without my intervention and hope that that goes well for you.

Sorry to waste your time guys and if this is the way you feel then i have simply managed to get some of my spare time back by not having to post on and monitor this website :thumbs:

Peace out.

PS: if that sounds like a bit of a rant then your correct in your thinking, why did i bother would have been quicker.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #13
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
if they didnt have such a crap rep then this wouldnt happen hence why they moved
Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #14
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
to much time ??? i wish mate i work full time 6 days a week 16 hour shifts !!

and to be honest i don't care who you are or who you know ect you could be santa for all i care but understand its not a attack at you but why advertise a crap company with so much bad press about them ? and trying to get us all to go ?? might i add its proven bad press im just stating a fact before welsh members go there and find out that their car is ruined by these monkeys.

indigo gt is another crap company with bad rep so was rolling motion and a few others

had a big bust up with rolling motion in caerphilly my self ended up with me having the guy by the throat !! because he charged me 200 to install a ecu took him just over 3 weeks only me to find out that he cooked all the ecu loom and it caught fire with my lil girl in the car half a mile down the road from when i picked it up funny in a way because he was part of a good garage scheme until i told them what happened then he closed up this wasn't the only time he screwed up a car

a idea to get more welsh members to go to a rolling road go some where good even if it is in england !

i can name a few compaines i would travel too as their rep is good and im sure a few other people would make the effort to go to a better garage than a shite one which you might not be able to drive you car home from :thumbs:

if this is the case about you dont work for them and its your free time blah blah then do you home work first i would of said its obvious that people from all the forums wont go because the place is poo !! A monkey could get better things organised for the welsh members
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #15

Club ID#: 43102

View My Pictures
Nick has passed me the link to this thread, i have no ties with him whatsoever, besides being a customer.

Welsh Bob - i have no idea who you are, but you seem to be hell bent on ruining our reputation on this forum, when in reality you have probably never been to us for any work. Some of your comments are pure slander without any evidence to back them up.

1. they don't know their bum from their elbow
2. they run little tiny or even no cooling fans or they never used to when i was there look on their pic for more evidence of this -
We have some of the very best cooling and extraction systems, the smaller fan that you can barely see in the picture is a 3hp Dastek Centrifugal blower, that outperforms radial blowers 3 times the size. We also have a 12hp monster, that i very rarely need to use.....
3. got any proof of their dyno being accurate ? as i beg to differ -
Umm, do some research regarding Mainline dynos
4. one of my good mates had a car go down and it fell of the dyno ie not strapped up as good as it should be.
We have NEVER had a car come close to coming off the dyno!!
5. none of the supra owners are going none the mx5 club -
We do alot of work for the MX5 boys, and get alot of repeat business from them. We have only had one Supra in for some dyno testing, and customer was happy enough to return after further improvements
6. tbh i wouldn't trust that place with my kids toy car let alone any thing else the place is a joke ! - Whilst you are entitled to your opinion, i would request that you give an actual example of any services where you were less than satisfied, and allow us to comment / rectify as needed. As far as im aware, i have no idea who you are and have never met you or your car!
7 - Premises move -
We moved from Llandow and are now in Litchard, our unit is 4/5 times the size of the Llandow premises, i dont know where you have pulled this comment from....?

Tony100 - IIRC, your car came in for a dyno test, was ran once and found to have a problem, removed from dyno and smoke tested there and then, which is when WE found the 2 inch slit in the intercooler pipe.... Why would we run a vehicle more than once if we have already identified a problem.
GotBoostCraig is offline   Reply With Quote