Wales Modified and Motor Sport Show 2008 - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Events and Meets > Local Events > Wales

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #1

Club ID#: 12473

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Wales Modified and Motor Sport Show 2008

Ladies and Gentleman, itís the moment youíve all been waiting for!

On 30-31st August 2008, Chepstow Racecourse will become home to the Wales Modified and Motorsport Show. This is definitely a show not to be missed!

With activities including Drift Demonstrations, Motor Bike Displays, Rally Car Rides, 4X4 Off Road and Safari's, part of Wales' biggest fun fair and not to mention a massive Live Entertainment Tent filled with the cream of rising Welsh bands confirmed for Saturday night, the Wales Modified and Motorsports Show will bring Wales into the show season calendar with a bang!

Club displays stands are limited, as are the Saturday night tickets, so please book early to avoid disappointment, please visit www.WALESMODIFIEDSHOW.com for more information.

Please feel free to join the Official Wales Modified and Motor Sport Show Face Book group here

Further updates will be posted here as and when they are available. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please contact [email protected]

Thanks for reading, and see you in August!
chris@msw is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
koh
hippy

Drives: black r33 gtst,toyota funbus basser
Club ID#: 8302

Trade Feedback: (7)

View My Pictures
can anyone intersted in this put names down so we can get a stand at this event
Old 28-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 6924

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
check with bruce justin and see if we havent got anything booked we will have a stand there mate

Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: Silver BMW 323i Auto
Club ID#: 13660

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
I dont know how I missed this thread. I WILL be there!

RedMist
Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: Silver BMW 323i Auto
Club ID#: 13660

Country Flag

View My Pictures
BTW, the facebook group is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8549018147
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #6

View My Pictures

Drift Demonstrations

We are pleased to announce that the European Drift Championship (EDC) will be providing the dirft demonstrations at the show. These guys are literally the cream of the crop when it comes to the UK Drifting scene. With drivers Mark Luney and Brett Castle coming along to show off their skills, what more could you want?

For more information on EDC, please visit European Drift Championship.

Club Stands

The applications received to date are currently being processed and the web site(s) are continually being updated. As explained previously, the completed applications will be used to reserve a display stand for your club, however, in order for the stand to be confirmed, advance tickets will need to be purchased by the club stand members. These can be purchased at any time from the Wales Modified and Motor Sport Show shop here.

The names of all clubs who have returned their display application forms will be available to select from the drop down lists.

Club Stand Area

This area is within immediate vicinity of the Live Entertainment Tent and the only permitted track crossing. It is also within the proposed pedestrian traffic route, making the car club displays a distinct part of the event. All clubs stands will be placed here. This area also includes an appropriate camping zone and the weekend tickets include the cost of camping.

Due to the level of interest and the current feedback we now have a separate secure area for non-display stand vehicles. i.e. club members without a vehicle display pass.

Live Entertainment Tent

The Live Entertainment Tent will be free to enter to the first 2000 people who purchase an adult weekend pass. Exact entertainment details are included on the Wales Modified Show web site. Confirmed for the Saturday night are Welsh bands The Blims and Blue Traffic. More information, and the announcement of our Guest DJ will be provided shortly.

Due to health and safety restrictions the number of tickets to enter the live entertainment tent is strictly limited to 2,000 and these will be issued on a first come, first served basis.

Any persons who purchase a weekend ticket after the first 2000 are sold will not be able to access the live entertainment tent.

A map detailing all areas will be available on the website shortly.

The restriction of 15 cars per club display still stands to ensure that all clubs have the chance to secure a display.

The half-day Saturday event (Wales Modified Show) is intended primarily for the enjoyment of the car clubs and their members. Although open to the public it has not been advertised other than on the various car related websites and forums. The Drift Displays, Motor Bike Displays, Rally Car Rides, 4x4 Safari, Go-Karting, dodgems and the rest of the Fun Fair will continue throughout the afternoon for you all to enjoy.

The full day Sunday Show will be open to Modified Car and Motor Sport Enthusiasts, Families and the General Public and all of the clubs and display vehicles from the Saturday event will form a fundamental part of the Sunday Show.

For regular updates and information regarding this show please register at www.walesmodifiedshow.com or www.torquewales.com/forum

Please direct any queries to [email protected] and see you in August!
chris@msw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Legend

Drives: R32 Skyline GTR
Club ID#: 9400

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
went there last year was alright especially the BMW driving through fence and onto the race course ..... are you still going koh ?

My Car
simmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #8

Club ID#: 15349

View My Pictures
If the cars fixed and back on the road we mite attend!
kinkykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 7416

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I should be up for this - should have the car back by then, be an opportunity to show off its new paint job
Triv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 7416

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHIEF View Post
check with bruce justin and see if we havent got anything booked we will have a stand there mate
Any details re. the club stand? Sorry if I'm missing an official post somewhere!
Triv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTS-t when it works
Club ID#: 11522

View My Pictures
If my cars ready

Hi guys
Im hoping my car will be ready and running before this show comes around,so if i can i will come up and show me face and car. Went to the show last year and it was a good day out.

Last edited by Deathwish; 23-06-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #12
Forum Thug

Drives: Honda S2000
Club ID#: 10699

View My Pictures
Note only 15 cars per club stand
Old 29-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #13

Club ID#: 10770

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
hey guys, im going to this, not sure if im going on the stand as i have 2 stands from clubs i run, if you run out of space on ur stand tho message me and i can fit some in
SkylineChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #14

View My Pictures
Hi Guys and Gals! Just a brief update for you all as there is just over 7 weeks left to go till the Show!

Boyzone Star Shane Lynch will be there showing off his drifting skills in the JapSpeed Skyline. Shane's doing really well at the moment in the British Drift Championship so this should be a pretty impressive display! This is in addition to the EDC drift Displays from Mark Luney and Brett Castle.

Dirty Sanchez Stars Dan Joyce and Pancho are going to be causing their usual mayhem throughout the Weekend. Be sure to catch up with them in the Live Entertainment Tent on Saturday night!

The Auto Solo Team should keep your eyes poking out of your head throughout the weekend with some awesome displays!

And finally, the British Army have agreed to provide a Paintball Range, Climbing Wall and an Assault Course, if you fancy playing soldier for a few a while why not check it out!

We're not quite finished yet, but more details will follow in the next few weeks, but please check out or sign up to www.walesmodifiedshow.com for more information and regular updates.

Tickets are also available from www.walesmodifiedshow.co.uk/shop - weekend tickets are limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis so get them quick!

Please direct any queries to [email protected]

Chris
Old 20-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #15

View My Pictures
Thanks to all of you who have already purchased your advanced tickets. I thought it would be a good time to update you all with a few more things of interest to you...

Everyone who purchases an advance ticket before 15 August will have their details entered into a FREE prize draw to win either a drift ride with Shane Lynch, a Rally Car Ride with Andy Gwynne or a 4x4 Safari with the Xtreme Offroad Team. Winners will be notified before the show and the prize draws will commence on 1 August! So good luck to you all.

For all of you who are unfortunate enough to have to work on Sundays and are planning on coming for the Saturday only we've added a ticket to the online shop just for you. This includes an option to upgrade your ticket to allow access to the Live Entertainment Tent later in the night!

We'll be announcing our guest DJ for saturday night shortly. He's an up and coming resident DJ from a Cardiff club and he's really looking forward to the Show and i'm sure you'll all love his style with some funky, uplifting house mixes to finish up your evening.

As always, tickets can be purchased from www.walesmodifiedshow.co.uk/shop and any queries can be directed to me at [email protected]

Chris