tis an epic idea, and would love to do it, timing on the other hand is a little bit of a problem with number 3 in the pipeline, but depending on when its actually going to go ahead something could be worked out.
Ok guys here's the final plans and rules for this trip,
Originally Posted by General Banter
Ladies and gents, SkylineOwners is proud to announce the details of our very first 'European Challenge'!
The concept is simple - Buy a roadworthy car for £500 or less, drive across Europe to the Nurburgring, complete at least one lap & return home. All this for as little amount of cash as possible ;)
We will camp as opposed to stay in hotels, we will search for the cheapest ferry deals possible, we will take our own supplies and we will carry out our own running repairs as and when required! There will be points awarded and deducted for the various achievements/failures that we encounter on the way with one lucky team being crowned the overall champions!
As always your Area Rep will be the first point of contact for coordinating teams from their respective areas and distributing sticker packs prior to the event.
Please read the following announcement for full rules
The SkylineOwners Nurburgring challenge will run as a team or individual based event which entails a vehicle journey from the UK to the Nurburgring Nordschliefe in Germany.
The competition element will run on a points based system with points either awarded or deducted in accordance with the following rules:
EVENT CONCEPT - FORMAL DATE TBC
Thursday PM - Meet @ South Mimms Services prior to onward travel to Dover.
Thursday PM - Ferry, Dover to Calais.
Friday - Main journey to Adenau.
Friday PM - Camp.
Saturday - Ring Laps.
Saturday PM - Camp & Barbecue.
Sunday - Return trip, final group photos at Dover prior to individual dispersal.
SUGGESTED BASIC EQUIPMENT
- Sleeping bags
- Torch w/batteries
- Inclement weather clothing
- Auxiliary belts specific to vehicle type
- Car jack
- Spare vehicle fluids
- Block sealer
- Assorted jubilee clips
- Plumbers leak tape
- Magic putty
- Tyre Weld
- Compressor/Foot pump
- Zip Ties
- Cordless drill inc. bits
- First aid kit
- Spare vehicle bulbs
- European breakdown compliant kit (triangle, Hi-Viz vest etc.)
- European headlight beam adjuster stickers
- Spare fuses
- Passport (duh)
- Vehicle documents, especially insurance
- Gaffer tape
- Tow rope
- Fuel can (empty for transport)
- European breakdown cover
- European Health Insurance Card
* Note: It is strongly suggested that prior to taking part in this event you perform a full service on your vehicle paying particular attention to brakes, fluids and features relating to safety.
1. All vehicles taking part in the event must have a purchase price of no more than £500, this must be proven by means of a receipt.
1.1 Any persons using a vehicle already owned prior to the event shall have their points adjusted accordingly.
2. All vehicles must be roadworthy, road legal (Tax, MOT etc.) and insured at all times in a manner complying with the UK Road Traffic Act and/or laws of the relevant geographical area.
3. All local laws, statutes and instructions must be adhered to at all times.
3.1 Any fines/penalties incurred during the event must be settled by the participant(s) involved in the incident in question.
4. Hotel accommodation for the duration of the event is strictly prohibited unless exceptional circumstances (at the discretion of the organisers) exist.
5. The organisers reserve the right to refuse participation if they deem the entrant's vehicle to be outwith the spirit of the event. This can mean bringing your Skyline or such and just accepting the penalty or similar.
The points scoring system for this event will be administered in the following way with scoring and points allocation remaining fluid as situations dictate, always with the decision of the organisers being final. The event shall be won by accruing the most points during the event.
- Each team will start with 1000 points, 1 point will be deducted for every pound spent on the vehicle. If the vehicle was already owned prior to the event then then full deduction of 500 points will be made with a bonus 50 point deduction for missing out on the fun of car hunting!
- Any mechanical malfunction requiring the engine compartment to be opened will result in the deduction of 50 points.
- Any mechanical malfunction requiring the assistance of a professional mechanic (who isn't an entrant) will be subject to a 75 point deduction.
- Any damage to the vehicle prior to arriving at the Nurburgring shall be subject to a 50 point deduction.
- A loss of direction causing other members of the event to deviate off course to find you will result in a 100 point deduction.
- Failure to display a Union Flag on your car will result in a 50 point deduction.
- Crashing on the Nurburgring will result in a deduction of 250 points.
- Failure to bring the vehicle back with you to the UK for whatever reason is a 1000 point deduction.
- Failure to display correct stickers (to be notified) on vehicle is a 150 point deduction.
Bonus points can be gained by completing optional challenges that you will notified of on the ferry across
Please note the following carefully:
SkylineOwners.com, although acting as the organisers of this event, will not be held responsible for ANY costs incurred as a result of your participation in this event. SkylineOwners.com will not be held responsible for any loss/injury/damage or other negative event or situation that may happen to you as a result of you taking part in this event, you do so of your own free will whilst accepting any and all risks that you may be exposed to through your participation. At all times during this event, SkylineOwners.com must insist that you drive and behave both legally and with the utmost care and consideration for yourselves, your passengers and any 3rd party that you may encounter during this event. By participating in this event you are explicitly and wholly agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
I don't know mate, I'd love to but I don't think I would have the money for it, I actually asked my brother and he said he love to but he wants to bring his bike and others would want to bring there car.
I'll try and convince a few to go because you wouldn't be able to go for much cheaper