Check the adress of private car sellers ! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge

Lounge Use this forum for non-skyline chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22-08-2004, 03:47 PM   #1

Club ID#: 2333

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Check the adress of private car sellers !

Hi!

Im new in this area so before i do somthing that i will regreat rest of my life i want to ask you first.

I want to buy a car, either a Skyline R34 or Supra TT, now i have searched the web and found intressting cars. in Autoscout24.de , CarsDirect.com , mobile.de.
But Something seems not right, thare are many Supras for an example that are very cheep, and the funny thing is that every car seller i have mailed to check if the car is still for sale. And the answer i got from every one is that itīs still for sale, i may not know so much about cars, beacuse im new to this, but i for sure know that cars like that would sell in just a day for the price they want, here is an example of a car i was intressted in.

Toyota Supra TT 1997
46 000 Miles and nice condition

He wantīs $6000 for it.

Now every seller did want me to pay the shipping fees, to deliver the car to me but i did not want to pay anything until i have seen the car, but this guy gave me his adress and everything, told me that i could call him from the airport and he would come pick me up, the car he sells is worth at least $40 000, it is high tuned with hevy stuff in it.

Thats why i want to check out if the information adress/name and phone number he gave me is correct or if he even exists. I donīt want to fly there and stand like an idiot, realising that all was a fake.

Please give me your advise/tips in this subject, and remember im new in this, thats why i turned to you first. I have the cars VIN number if itīs for any use.
Mattias85 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: and swears
Club ID#: 2217

View My Pictures
It sounds like you have contacted a dealer. One who will sell you cars he does not own yet, or he does own but have still to be imported. He will want payed for the car and for the shipping costs. He will then post you a car which you will need to clear through customs in your country and pay import taxes on etc etc. Lots of dealers work in this way, and they do also invite you to japan to witness auctions for yourself and to see the cars.
scott120.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #3

View My Pictures
Ok, but this guy actually gave me his adress, phone number. I told him that i will come to him in Bulgaria, and he said that i should tell him when to arrive so he can be there and wait for me at the Airport, now this guy sounds serious, but i still want to check the adress he gave me somehow thats why i ask if there is some method to do this.

As someone told me, this is a "itīs to good to be true deal", beacuse this Supra TT 97, has 950 Bhp in it, and is in perfect condition.

PS:What is a Supra non Turbo 94, perfect condtion but 104 000 miles on it (he is including a 20 000 miles Twin Turbo engine with it) what all this worth ?

How much should it cost to install that TT engine, maybe i must buy something more if i want to replace the engine or ???

How much would i have to pay, Import taxes etc ! if you would have to guess ?
Mattias85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #4

Club ID#: 442

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias85
Ok, but this guy actually gave me his adress, phone number. I told him that i will come to him in Bulgaria, and he said that i should tell him when to arrive so he can be there and wait for me at the Airport, now this guy sounds serious, but i still want to check the adress he gave me somehow thats why i ask if there is some method to do this.

As someone told me, this is a "itīs to good to be true deal", beacuse this Supra TT 97, has 950 Bhp in it, and is in perfect condition.

PS:What is a Supra non Turbo 94, perfect condtion but 104 000 miles on it (he is including a 20 000 miles Twin Turbo engine with it) what all this worth ?

How much should it cost to install that TT engine, maybe i must buy something more if i want to replace the engine or ???

How much would i have to pay, Import taxes etc ! if you would have to guess ?
In answer to your questions
No idea, this is a Skyline forum
No idea, from where to where?
Fizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #5

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy
In answer to your questions
No idea, from where to where?
Thats why i posted it in the "Non Skyline related"
Mattias85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #6

Club ID#: 442

View My Pictures
But these questions would be better on a Supra forum, as it's more likely those guys will have the answers..........
Fizzy is offline   Reply With Quote