Getting screwed on eBay 😕 - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Off Topic > Lounge

Lounge Use this forum for non-skyline chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #1

Club ID#: 45934

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Getting screwed on eBay 😕

Getting screwed on eBay 😕
Am I about to be ridden bare back on eBay?

I sold a fairly rare and expensive gaming steering wheel on eBay. It is certified by Porsche and made of original Porsche Alcantera. It truly is a piece of art and isn't cheap.

I advertised it as mint and it literally was mint. I took plenty of pictures and put the auction up for 10 days.

I sent the item recorded delivery and he recieved it Friday 4th. I messaged him to ask if it arrived ok and heard nothing back over the weekend. I thought a reply might've been curtious but never mind. It wasn't until Tuesday evening I recieved an email saying that there was scratches and wear marks in the alcantera and wasn't sold as described. He opened up a dispute to which I replied apologising and asking what he wanted me to do about it. Heard nothing for 24 hours so sent him another message asking him to throw me a bone to which I just got a reply from eBay saying he wants his money back. Now I'm absolutely cool with that but I'm worried he's either going to switch it with another one and send it back to me or he's going to purposely damage it for the sake of being an arse. Why did he take him 5 days to tell me it was in poor condition? If I'd spent 250 on a gaming wheel I would've jumped on it as soon as it got through the door.

Anyone had a similar experience? What was the outcome?
Benkid is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
More POWER!

Drives: Yaris Hybrid
Club ID#: 19334

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (8)

View My Pictures
eBay will have the auction photos on file, if it is not as you sent it just take pictures and upload them to eBay. Maybe he just wants to keep the wheel and not pay for it?
How well did you package it?

I sold a basketball top on eBay to a guy in the US.
First off, after sending the item international signed for (20!) it was sent back because 3 numbers of the zip code were missing, yes 3 numbers! The rest of the address perfectly readable and descriptive. As if reading the address was too hard?!
This all took about three weeks. The guy became an arse and opened up a dispute for not receiving the item only TWO weeks into this. As I was reliant on postal services outside the UK I didn't know and there was sweet FA I could do about it.
So eventually he received the item, next thing I know there is another dispute opened up by him saying that the item was damaged and he wanted his money back.
I reminded him, that not only did I pay out of my own pocket to send the item again but also the item was immaculate and clean as in the photos I had taken for the auction, which I did prior to packaging it.
I didn't hear back from him and after another week the dispute got closed (I'm assuming by him) and he left me neutral feedback. which is OK. It's just the fact that he made such a fuss out of it all and was blaming me for everything, including their retarded postal system! when they were the ones who could not read the friggin address! Then he just drops it all and is ok with it...
My guess was he cleaned it and the stains came out, guess it got jammed in the machine somewhere along the lines..
Or there is the Whole fiasco with the skyline I bought off eBay! cost me what I paid for the car just to get it legal and safe to drive!
You've certainly got to watch yourself out there on eBay, people are

Just my coins
newSkyLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1997 Stagea RS4 Dayz
Club ID#: 41657

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (4)

View My Pictures
Prepare to be arse raped. Whatever happens ebay will side with buyer in a dispute, its got ridiculous now.

Sent a manifold last month, had tracking to prove courier had attempted delivery 6 (yes 6) times and still had to refund as buyer said he wasn't in when it was attempted and didn't want it anymore. I appealed against claim and ended up with my account being temporarily suspended because I wouldn't pay.

The refund was taken directly from pay pal as soon as case was opened and included delivery costs, so put me out of pocket.
mowgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #4

View My Pictures
He's hit back to me and asked for a partial refund which in the long run I think will be my safest bet.
Benkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #5

Drives: Skyline R32
Club ID#: 37679

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
I had this issue a while back for an item I sold for someone else on my eBay, I took the option of clicking offer full refund, eBay then take the money and hold on to it till you receive the item back and you tell them you are happy with it, if not you tell them and it gets investigated further.

Buyers now have 45 days to open a dispute it's total crap, best listing an item and statement in the add there are a few marks and it's sold as seen that gives you a bit more leeway so they can't say it's not as described as I found if you put its mint or like new they will try anything to get money back.

Davie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2410Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Banned from Site

Drives: r33 gtst
Club ID#: 20485

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
Yep eBay is bollocks I had same with a set of wheel nuts volk ones I never even got them back as far as they were concerned he gave them a tracking number so I had had them back they then refunded the money good job I'd removed my card from PayPal .
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #7
Bounty Hunter

Drives: Skyline R34 GT-T
Club ID#: 11057

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
What was his eBay rating mate? I would never sell to a low rating eBay member.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #8

View My Pictures
I'm pretty sure he has 100%. Hopefully I can just chuck him back 20 and it'll all run smooth. Less hassle than hoping it gets back and in one piece and then having to relist it and people asking questions. I just hope he doesn't leave me bad feedback as I'm proud of my 100% rating.
Benkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTR
Club ID#: 10870

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgs View Post
Prepare to be arse raped. Whatever happens ebay will side with buyer in a dispute, its got ridiculous now.

Sent a manifold last month, had tracking to prove courier had attempted delivery 6 (yes 6) times and still had to refund as buyer said he wasn't in when it was attempted and didn't want it anymore. I appealed against claim and ended up with my account being temporarily suspended because I wouldn't pay.

The refund was taken directly from pay pal as soon as case was opened and included delivery costs, so put me out of pocket.
This.

I try not to sell anything on eBay anymore. You will get ****ed. I have been ****ed by them more than once siding with a complete ****.

Best thing to do is take serial numbers of everything you can if it has them and/or mark them with UV ink that only shows up under UV/Blacklight so you know you got the same one back.
D-Ranged is offline   Reply With Quote