Skyline Owners Forum

Skyline Owners Forum (https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/)
-   Lounge (https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/14-lounge.html)
-   -   What to do about trader? (https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/14-lounge/215166-what-do-about-trader.html)

Balloo2u 27-06-2014 12:50 PM

What to do about trader?

Some advice needed.

Some of you may have been following my car project on here however most won't have.

Simply put, I used a garage that offered to project manage the whole build from bare metal restoration/fabrication upwards. A garage I had trusted.

It all went sour last year when I realised that the car was in the wrong hands. From a bodged roll cage which set me back 3k which is now having to be redone ,(= 3k write off), to the car reamining dormant under a pile of other customer car parts for 5 months.

I finally managed to recover the car and 95% of the parts at the beginning of the year with the promise of the remaining part (R34 GTR Head) being returned soon as it was off having work done on it.

The company was given 2000 as an engine build deposit which I also requested to be returned. Their stance was that the 2000 was exhausted through the cost of stripping the shell and fabricating the custom manifold etc. (A manifold which is still oustanding). Fine, can I have the outstanding aount plus any paperwork to back up the claims. Thought this was reasonable enough.

Nothing.

The company however is on it's 3rd trading name since they took on my project. Despite numerous attempts to resolve this issue, keeping the issues out of the public domain I had to resort to asking for contact on here. The response was my "dealings" had nothing to do with the current company and to conact the mechanic direct via email (email supplied does not work).

I have forwarded onto my solicitor all relevant emails, private messages from SO.COM as well as facebook messages however due to the fact that they close and open businesses under different directors names, she does not hold out much hope.

So do I simpy right off the 2000 as an exspensive life lesson?
The R34 GTR head which I supplied to them, is this still deamed as my property. If the part is still there, despite name chance it's still my part?

sparkyr33 27-06-2014 02:43 PM

Hi Ross,
Bad news mate.

Sadly if the company in question is a limited liability company and the company has been shut down with companies house it won't be great news.

Just because they arent trading doesnt mean the company is closed.
If there are tax demands or monies legally owed the company will still be on record and in a 'dormant' state.

I would look at companies house as a first point of call mate.

I really hope you can both sort your differences and i know the company in question.
Sadly they are a victim of own success. The potential for them to be amazing is let down by poor time management and too many jobs coming in. If 1 car defvelops an issue or takes longer the whole chain of events that follows just snowballs.

Hope you get sorted buddy.
Mark

SMURF. 27-06-2014 03:25 PM

Sorry to hear this ross and fair play to you for keeping your cool and trying to sort this sensibly
I would have lost it ages ago.

littlerhino 27-06-2014 03:33 PM

Oh I would of lost it a long time ago mate hope you get the resolve you want and deserve

Stusy 27-06-2014 03:36 PM

If the head is yours then no-one has any right to sell it on, not even the administrator/liquidator

That amounts to theft.

Andy42uk 27-06-2014 05:25 PM

We all know who the garage is, so good luck.

saihaynes 27-06-2014 05:57 PM

Sounds like a goddam joke, hope you get it sorted!

dragerboy 27-06-2014 05:58 PM

Hey Balloo2u I think I remember you back in the day off the SX Owners Club. Sounds like a nightmare mate so hope you get something back from it as it sounds like you've lost 3k on a cage and 2k on an engine. Surely this isn't with RSP?

vr6Nath 27-06-2014 06:03 PM

Do what is best for you mate, hope you get everything sorted soon

Divol 27-06-2014 06:44 PM

Hope this gets sorted mate, surely they are still liable?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Tricky-Ricky 27-06-2014 06:50 PM

See similar several times over the years, companies throw in the towel because they can no longer cope with debts work owed etc etc,
Only to pop up again under i different name and different management in an effort to ditch the outstanding debits etc, trouble is it often works, however any property they have of yours is still yours, the problems come with trying to trace it through a bundle of paper trails, i sympathies because it may come to a point when using a solicitor that its just not worth the outlay to recover amounts/property outstanding, and unfortunately that what some of these so called failed businesses rely on.

If you have reachd a point where you have simply exsausted the "being nice" approach then you have every right to recount the problem you have had, as long as they are factually provable, good luck mate.

matty0785 27-06-2014 08:53 PM

name and shame for everyone to see that way people can make their own judgements to use them for any work on there own cars

SPEEDR33PER 27-06-2014 09:02 PM

It's pretty obvious what company it is as even I know who but Ross I can understand your anger however give Keith a call when he is back from holiday and keep a calm head and see if you two can get it sorted out

StuartTheFish 27-06-2014 09:26 PM

I thought everyone knew who it was?

Hugh Jass 27-06-2014 09:36 PM

I'm sure keef will sort it as he's done in the past.

Hope you get sorted sooner than later.