everyone wants one (import info) - Page 2 - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 16-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #16
DJ IRIE

Drives: Nissan Titan
Club ID#: 48335

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Love that site it is very informative for shipping a car.
trinidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #17

Club ID#: 56577

View My Pictures
the skyline is one of the gods when it comes to cars. it's the car that every civic wants to be and every mustang wants to beat.
harry26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 10:45 PM   #18

Club ID#: 58306

View My Pictures
I got mine through a company in Japan called GTR-GARAGE. I'm sure everyone has already heard about them. They're very thorough about their sales, and keep very close contact with the buyers. If you can't find a car on their inventory then they outsource one for you ie. dealer friends, friends, all across Japan. I found out about these guys when I was stationed in Japan in MCAS IWAKUNI. They're AWESOME!! Kunio is an awesome person to work with. He found me a CRAZY good deal with a HCR32
HanBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #19
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
In case anyone here is interested, I just completed a series of articles on the importation process for a Skyline (or any JDM car really) on my blog. Here's a link to part 1:

23GT: Buying Your Own JDM Car Part 1: One Shade of Grey (What's Legal And What's Not)

I hope people find it helpful.
Old 13-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #20
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1995 skyline GTR
Club ID#: 24827

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R35 View Post
In case anyone here is interested, I just completed a series of articles on the importation process for a Skyline (or any JDM car really) on my blog. Here's a link to part 1:

23GT: Buying Your Own JDM Car Part 1: One Shade of Grey (What's Legal And What's Not)

I hope people find it helpful.
I have to admit, most people's knowledge of this process couldn't be further from the truth, but your write up was spot on. Great work!
Barong02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #21
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barong02 View Post
I have to admit, most people's knowledge of this process couldn't be further from the truth, but your write up was spot on. Great work!
Thanks! I'm glad you though it was good. People not having the right info is exactly why I decided to do a write-up. On the forums I've been to people seem to keep asking the same questions and have a lot of misconceptions. The few write-ups I've seen so far are either too sparse on info or too dry and technical so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hopefully it helps people out.
Old 18-11-2015, 04:49 AM   #22

Drives: 1990 R32 GT-R
Club ID#: 67794

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I bought my 1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R without any issues, no waiting, all the paper work was done for me and the car was completely cleared of customs before the company ever added it to their for sale list. I will have to say after spending a few years doing some research and waiting for the 25 year mark to hit, I decided to go with Japanese Classics LLC. They price vehicles way below what I was able to find on my own, short of flying to Japan and dealing with shipping the vehicle back to the states and then dealing with the customs wait and hassle. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and the experience was so amazing that I am looking forwards to the R34s opening up in the next 5 years. When they do, I am buying one and J.C. LLC is going to get my business. I know there is all sorts of companies out there that will help you get a JDM vehicle to the states, but from what I can tell J.C. is the only one that does everything from vetting the vehicle in Japan to shipping it and dealing with customs and all the proper paper work. Making sure you are completely satisfied with your new(used) vehicle. If by chance there is anything wrong or there is something you would like to change or do to the car, they have a huge selection of parts for the car you buy. I needed brakes, a clutch and some other minor parts that wear out when you run a vehicle hard (I put over 50k miles on the car in 6 months of owning it, lots of shows and track days). Well J.C. LLC was able to get me everything I needed at prices I was happy with and the items were shipped right to my front door.

I am new to this forum site, I saw the tread and wanted to help make sure anyone looking in to getting a JDM vehicle that they would have a pleasant experience. Oh and J.C.LLC does not just deal with the Skyline, they can and do sell pretty much anything that you would consider an awesome JDM(Japanese Domestic Market) vehicle.

Company website
Japanese Classics - Home
Ex_Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 PM   #23

Club ID#: 79265

View My Pictures
Once my car arrives from Japan in the next month I will post the whole process I had going through a registered importer here in the US. The experience has been awesome so far.
TH1slowGTR is offline   Reply With Quote