R33 GTS-T Motor Build Help Wanted! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Club ID#: 49027

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
R33 GTS-T Motor Build Help Wanted!

Hey guys! I'm pretty new here, but this is my 3rd go around with a R33 GTS-T. First one got T-Boned when I was stationed in Japan, the second was stolen by a "friend" of mine when I was deployed and here I am with the 3rd.

I have had some history with this GTS-T when I T-Boned my first. I parted it out to a friend who brought it back with him in 2007. Since then, he has put some time and money into rebuilding the motors internals, porting and polishing it with a powder coat finish. The motor has not made its way back into a running condition, and I will be shipping it to Vegas to make things right with it.

Where I am on the build right now is I am looking for help picking a proper turbo upgrade from the almost 10 year stock turbo that is with it. I am also looking for any help either swapping or re-working the old wiring harness for it. Also, any suggestions on a proper intake and exhaust manifold would be great as well.

Here is a list of things that are already done on the GTS-T :

Trust Downpipe 3.5 inch and Exhaust
Generic Intercooler
Apexi Coilovers
E-Manage + HUD for Upgraded ECU
Ported, Polished, Milld and Powder Coated Motor
tomeii cam sprockets
Stainless Steel Head Gaskets + Forged Fuel Rail and Pistons

Looking to get ~350-400RWHP and "daily" maybe 2-3 days a week. I have a job that allows me to work from home, and I would basically be getting the usuals or hitting the speedway with it here in Vegas.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Wootystyle is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 06:02 AM   #2

View My Pictures
35 Views, no responses?

Nobody has any suggestions?
Wootystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: Skyline GTS25t
Club ID#: 23486

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
well...your goal is nothing special so theres plenty of stuff written up this board...so use the search function ^^"

..but hey i`m not an a**ho** and i will give you something to read ;-p

Your Engine was completly build or just the Head?? Porting, polishing and milling (powder coating?! does it give extra HP?) is a good thing but it`s almost nothing on HP ^^"

You need a stronger bottom end...
But if you tune it right and don`t squeeze the shit out of it will hold the +- 460hp (engine)

If you want spend big money for it then take well known makers...manifolds from Greddy or TOMEI etc. and if you`re on a budget then take china fakes but don`t forget that you have to spend some time in troubleshooting because this parts need adaptation work.

But for 400RWHP your standart intake and ex. mani will be fine!

Take a GTX3067R and you will be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2YwkUBM0s

Koup <--- my brother check it out on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/koupkstylez
DK-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #4

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Spec View Post
well...your goal is nothing special so theres plenty of stuff written up this board...so use the search function ^^"

..but hey i`m not an a**ho** and i will give you something to read ;-p

Your Engine was completly build or just the Head?? Porting, polishing and milling (powder coating?! does it give extra HP?) is a good thing but it`s almost nothing on HP ^^"

You need a stronger bottom end...
But if you tune it right and don`t squeeze the shit out of it will hold the +- 460hp (engine)

If you want spend big money for it then take well known makers...manifolds from Greddy or TOMEI etc. and if you`re on a budget then take china fakes but don`t forget that you have to spend some time in troubleshooting because this parts need adaptation work.

But for 400RWHP your standart intake and ex. mani will be fine!

Take a GTX3067R and you will be fine.
Thanks man! I have the guys over here at GetNutz getting ready to haul it in and do the work. They were suggesting getting rid of the emanage ultimate in there, and replacing with a haltec or PowerFC. Do you have any experience with either?

Also, the turbo recommendation was right in the alley of where I wanted to be, but I am not too sure if I should do it now, or wait and do injectors and manifolds instead. Like what would be a better use of 1.5K?

Anyways, thanks for the reply. As far as using the search, it was a bit too broad and I wanted some more personal input instead of threads that were either gravedigging or didnt quite apply.
Wootystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1995 skyline GTR
Club ID#: 24827

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Save up and do them all at once. You'll save yourself a lot of money. Do the injectors, pump and turbo at the same time. Don't rush in and get work done just because they can take your car in. You'll end up paying for labor 2 and 3 times that you only need to do once. Plan it out and save up enough to do it properly once. 400 hp isn't that tough, so you should be able to save up quickly if you're already at 1.5k.

What's wrong with an E-manage ecu? I'd imagine it's miles better than a 20 year old power fc. Are they not familiar with the ecu? If so, take it to another shop for tuning who is and save yourself a ton of money.
Barong02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: Skyline GTS25t
Club ID#: 23486

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
as Baron says save a bit money to do all at once! changing Turbo without injectors gives no benefits and changing injectors without Turbo as well ^^"

Flow tested Injectors you will get for about 300 USD http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-RB...item58b4132663

and the Turbo for about 1500 without T.housing and 2grand incl. housing.

Manifolds are just a decent gadget but not necessary needed.

I have a e-manage ultimate and it`s absolutly great! don`t know why to spend 3 times the price for a Haltec when it runs well with ultimate ^^"

i`ve read few times about JZA80 Supras from the USA which were runnin 700-800hp only with e-manage Blue!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2YwkUBM0s

Koup <--- my brother check it out on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/koupkstylez
DK-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Drives: nissan 240sx
Club ID#: 17373

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Turbo & injectors

Borg Warner turbos work well I made 450 rwhp at 13psi with 865cc side feed injectors stock replacement but would go with top feed injectors flow is much better need any help or pointers pm me good luck
rbpwr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #8

Club ID#: 25507

View My Pictures
I can tell you on huge think that will solve alot of headache. Go and spend 1200-1500 on a haltech ems or a microtech ltx12 ems. They are cheap and it will clean the entire harness up, because it comes with a harness. And It is simple to use. Best thing I've ever done to my cars
rb25neos14 is offline   Reply With Quote