My 1989 Bee-R 324 GTR - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthewc

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Club ID#: 49282

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
My 1989 Bee-R 324 GTR

Hi Everyone! My names Matt and I have been lurking for a while. I figured I should actually pop in and post an introduction. I have been in love with Tuner cars and the Skyline in particular since the early 90's. I have also played with muscle cars and euro cars over the years as well but the higher end factory twin turbo'd tuners have always held a special place in my heart. I am also a huge fan of CF and wide body kits, I am a huge believer in creating or building the perfect car for me and am by no means a traditionalist.

So when 2014 hit I started searching for my dream car. Finding a 1989 GTR that had a Bee-R 324 kit installed on it was a perfect starting point for my dream build! Add to it that it had a freshly built R34 RB26DETT short block taking care of any oiling concerns and I couldn't think of a better start. The car was not as clean bodywise as I had hoped but mechanics across the board were top notch so I made the plunge and picked her up.

I have only had her for a month and am starting off slowly and building out my plan of attack. The goal powerwise is 500-550 at the wheels so I don't need to get crazy with the bottom end. I baselined the car at 255 AWHP and after adding a MBC and raising the boost (factory turbos) from 9 to 13 PSI we hit repeated, safe and reliable 305-307 AWHP, while closely monitoring AFR's. This is a good starting point and I am currently specing out Garrett GT2860R-5's, Haltech Platnium Pro ECM with E85 module, WBO2, electronic boost module, 1000 CC injectors, and a upgraded fuel pump. The car already has some minor mods done to it and I plan to slowly bring it up to spec.

Well enough chatting here are some pics.

First pic I got from seller:

First job I had to work, replacing alternator that went out on the 2200 mile drive.

Oil change and new plugs before the Dyno

Needed some Jams
1200 Watt pair of 12's with 1200 watt amp supported by JL components in the doors and rear deck pushed by 650 watt Clarion amp. 1850 combine watts is plenty decent. Subs can also be quickly removed for track days.

On the Dyno

MBC Installed

305 AWHP run backed up by a 307 AWHP run on factory turbos at 13PSI

New shoes, R34 wheels with Bridgestone Poteza 245/45/ZR18's

I'll try and keep this updated as I get more work done on her. All I can say is buying my dream car has been so worth it and I have had a smile on my face non-stop for the last month!

Matt
matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: Drive Addiction R33
Club ID#: 13966

Trade Feedback: (11)

View My Pictures
wow! very nice m8, bet you;re happy!
Old 14-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #3

Club ID#: 25507

View My Pictures
Awesome. i alomost thought it was a r34 from the front lol
rb25neos14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #4

View My Pictures
Thank you, yeah I can't help but smile every time I take her out for a drive or walk into the garage. I love the R-34 and that would be my first choice for styling but living in the US means I will have to wait another decade to legally import one. I honestly love how raw the R32 is when driving it and have heard that when driving the R33 and R34 they are more "refined" and not as much of a driver's car due to all the technology upgrades so, the R32 may be the best choice for me, but I sure like the R34 styling

Matt
matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:52 AM   #5

Club ID#: 47247

View My Pictures
Looks good! You should get some wheel spacers so the tires flow better. With that front and things it's more wide looking.
Bigjakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #6

View My Pictures
I haven't posted any updates in a while so I figured I would catch everyone up on how my baby is looking these days. After I purchased my car I found this graphic image online:

This has been my "motivational pic and this is the start of my interpretation of my dream build.

Seibon NISMO style CF hood, CF trunk lid and CF rear Spoiler:

I have also been working on a Tomei Theme for my build, and have been parts towards that theme. So far I have a Tomei main cluster, Tomei Boost gauge, Tomei shift knob, Tomei 3 piece front strut bar, Tomei oil cap and Tomei Arms M7655 Turbos. Here are some under the hood and interior pics:

I'm waiting until I get my Tomei Headers, Tomei Dumps and Tomei TI exhaust before I add the new turbos, then the plan is Haltech Platnium pro, new injectors and fuel pump and a full re-tune for maximum fun!

I am also looking for some further Tomei parts specifically a Tomei AF Gauge, Tomei EGT gauge and Tomei Steering wheel. So if by chance you have any of those 3 items and would like to sell them please contact me!

Matthew
Mrcarnage likes this.
matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote