any other skylines in ny?? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #1

Drives: th1 r32 gtr
Club ID#: 47187

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
any other skylines in ny??

after about 7 months now of searching for the right one i finally found a fantastic condition gtr and will be picking it up mid april. trying to see if theres any other owners in or around albany ny

61k miles
th1 dark blue pearl
few aftermarket bits:
intakes
strut tower bar
impul steering wheel
what looks to be a hyperground kit
n1 headlights
cusco coils
still trying to figure out if these brakes are off of a 33 gtr or something to that effect, they look to be brembo calipers. the importer believes they may be v spec brakes but im not sure maybe someone on here knows? and maybe possibly the brand of filters and strut tower bar if anyone can tell from the pics. trying to gather as much info as possible before i pick her up!

ok on to the pics:

just paid for the car today, and my bank account is crying haha. they really know how to get us u.s. buyers latched on for legal ones. worth every penny though, cant wait to start the build! have a small stockpile of parts already purchased over the last few months to start putting on once it gets here.started a build thread also on stanceworks if anyone is interested in keeping up on there as its where i will be most active for the build.

also is there a list anywhere for production numbers on certain colors for the r32's? this is actually the only th1 dark blue pearl that has come up on my searches for a gtr in the past 7+ months. doesnt seem like a very common color.

thanks for checking it out guys! proud to finally be a skyline owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 05:21 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 4611

View My Pictures
That is one of the rare hard to find colors. Especially in the early years. I am looking for that color as well. There are a few GTR's showing up around the westchester country area. I am over in CT. Although i still have not found just the right GTR to purchase yet.
FlyinbySTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

View My Pictures
i figured it was a pretty rare color! and the only other ones i have found arent 89s lol. definitely very cool to have one that stands out a bit from the usual colors you see, plus it looks to be in fantastic shape too! definitely check out right drive. they are based in ontario but best prices hands down. i got this for less than ive seen any other gtr this clean with similar mileage from any of the u.s. based importers by a decent amount. plus since right drive is based in canada and the u.s. the cars come with all u.s. paperwork issued, duties paid and ready to bring to the dmv to title, AND also comes with a full 100 point inspection, full service, AND EVEN A WARRANTY!!! best guys to deal with hands down if you want bang for your buck. couldnt recommend a better pace. they will also search for a car for you if they dont have what you want in their stock.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
I am familiar with right drive. CT is one of those states where you need to have all the paperwork in order if you are the one to take the car yourself and try to get it titled. It takes usually take multiple trips to the DMV. I really do not want to have to go through all that paperwork and multiple trips to the DMV. I have found a couple of really solid cars in the UK though, so in the end I may have to go another route.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #5

View My Pictures
yeah right drive handles everything, i will be driving my car back across the border. they provide you with a transit plate even right there on site which is great. all of the paperwork will be prepared and ready for me for customs and everything too. literally everything is ready to go the only thing i have to do is bring it to the dmv when i get back and register it like a normal car at that point. they make everything so ridiculously easy i was pretty amazed myself. i thought it would have been a lot worse than that haha
Old 09-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
I hope it's that easy, keep us posted on how things go. I'm curious to see if it is that simple. I hope to find a good solid car in the next couple months
Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1995 skyline GTR
Club ID#: 24827

Country Flag

View My Pictures
For your questions about the current setup, it looks like you've got stock GTR calipers and strut bar (painted) and greddy gracer filters. Greddy - GRACER Airinx Air Filters - Nengun Performance
Barong02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:10 AM   #8

View My Pictures
its basically like rivsu. all the paperwork is done just have to title and register in your state so it should be super simple! getting her in 2 weeks ill keep you posted.

and thanks! i figured those out over the ladt couple weeks, did find another strut tower bar that was the same color so I think it actually came that way. very excited to start digging into this
Old 12-05-2015, 04:33 AM   #9
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Any updates?
Old 15-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #10

View My Pictures
car got stuck at customs in canada because there was a container backup in vancouver. finally made it to toronto last weekend and had the full servicing and timing belt done this week, will be picking her up saturday or next saturday! ill have a full update for you by then
Old 19-05-2015, 04:26 AM   #11

Club ID#: 60937

View My Pictures
Nice bay
R33_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 06:41 AM   #12

View My Pictures
haha thanks. they changed the pics on their website so it looks like the old pics i had expired. ill have to upload new ones lol
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #13

View My Pictures
tomorrow is the day! i will update how everything went on friday!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:01 AM   #14
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
In for an update. I wanna see how good this color looks.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #15

View My Pictures
sorry i forgot to update! my phone broke when i was on the way to canada to pick her up and completely forgot what my password was to get on here haha. everything went pretty well except for one douchebag at the border, so all is good! i started doing some projects over the last couple weeks, but heres how she sits on the rays i picked up a couple months back! so much better than the stock wheels haha. color looks amazing in person and will be WAY better after a buff and wax which will be on the way soon!

here she is as of now

really dirty cuz i just got back from a test drive after getting the wheels on haha.