Need help registering my car!! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #1

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Angry Need help registering my car!!

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 1990 R32 GTR this last Saturday and I have all the paperwork and it was imported in march of this year and thats when the car was manufactured, the entry summary is missing a stamp but does have all the signatures on it, has anyone had this problem in the state of Washington/ if anyone could point me to where i might be able to get this taken care of that would be awesome.
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
What exactly is the issue you're having? It would help if you could be more specific about the problem since there are so many possible areas where you can hit a snag at DMV with these cars.

Are they questioning the missing stamp on the entry summary? Most port entries are paperless now so the stamp isn't present on those.

Here's some general tips on dealing with the DMV from my blog:

23GT: Buying Your Own JDM Car Part 5: Drivers Masochistic Visit
Old 30-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #3

Drives: 1990 R32 GTSt
Club ID#: 60681

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I just imported a1990 GTs 2 months ago into WA state. I took the car to the customs office at the port of seattle. The officer took a quick look at the car and filled out the paper work and stamped it. I would suggest going there and getting new paperwork. I got it registered without a problem. Let me know if you find any good resources for parts, I've been looking for sunroof parts for 3 months. Good luck.
dhorstman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1995 skyline GTR
Club ID#: 24827

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorstman View Post
I just imported a1990 GTs 2 months ago into WA state. I took the car to the customs office at the port of seattle. The officer took a quick look at the car and filled out the paper work and stamped it. I would suggest going there and getting new paperwork. I got it registered without a problem. Let me know if you find any good resources for parts, I've been looking for sunroof parts for 3 months. Good luck.
+1 for taking it to the customs port. They're likely the only ones who will be able to resolve any missteps on their part from before.
Barong02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

View My Pictures
got it all figured out, they did all the paperwork electronically so there was no stamp and the DMV made a fuss about it, quick trip to the port and a stamp was obtained, all insured and registered now, happy in my 1990 GTR. Thanks for the info!
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #6

Drives: 2006 Subaru STi
Club ID#: 66905

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Glad you got it all figured out. I hope I don't run into any snags once mine arrives next month. I'm so nervous that I'm going to run into issues registering it.
Axis is offline   Reply With Quote