G&K Automotive Services, Santa Ana - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

Club ID#: 69178

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
G&K Automotive Services, Santa Ana

Hi Everyone,

First time poster.

I am really interested in getting a California Legal R32.

From my research, only one company can help me achieve this and that is G&K Automotive services.

It appears that some people have gone through them, but I haven't seen anything in terms of exact pricing break down? Parts? Labor Costs?

The process to make a car CARB compliant does seem extensive, but does anyone know what G&K is charging for stock R32s?

Is there another company out there that does the same thing? Possibly compete for future business?

Thanks.
Viciouz is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
G&K is collaborating with International Vehicle Importers for this and from talking to a couple of people that have considered getting it done the quoted price for the CARB compliance process was about $15K on top of the cost of the car.
Old 18-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #3

Club ID#: 68138

View My Pictures
Does anyone know if the CA certification process can be done in a later date? I imported a R32 myself and I am a dealer, so I have no problem driving it around. I'm thinking about having it titled somewhere else other than CA for now, and if I sell the car later can I still have it CA certified?
mike2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
Does anyone know if the CA certification process can be done in a later date? I imported a R32 myself and I am a dealer, so I have no problem driving it around. I'm thinking about having it titled somewhere else other than CA for now, and if I sell the car later can I still have it CA certified?
My understanding is yes, since International Vehicle Importers is offering it as a service to existing R32 owners in the States. If you want to find out for sure, just give them a call.
Old 29-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #5

Club ID#: 78450

View My Pictures
I'm in the same situation I'm in Northern California and am trying to find a place around here that might be able to do it.
BryceGub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #6

Club ID#: 78450

View My Pictures
So I called International Vehicle Importers, and they said the only place in California to have an R32 cali compliant modified is to bring it to G&K, and its gonna cost between 10k-15k to have it done. It's a really sad time to live in California for anyone who wants one. Now i have to make the decision of wether or not to do that. its pretty frustrating. And i wish i would have done a bit more research into the particular matter regarding there only being one place in all of California to do it.
BryceGub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceGub View Post
So I called International Vehicle Importers, and they said the only place in California to have an R32 cali compliant modified is to bring it to G&K, and its gonna cost between 10k-15k to have it done. It's a really sad time to live in California for anyone who wants one. Now i have to make the decision of wether or not to do that. its pretty frustrating. And i wish i would have done a bit more research into the particular matter regarding there only being one place in all of California to do it.
The problem is that the CARB compliance process is lengthy and full of red tape. Even after modifying the car with extra cats you then have to pay for the testing by a lab approved by CARB. Only after you pass that test do you get the compliance sticker. Last word I have is that G&K had dropped the cost to about $10K from the previous cost of $15K. Still not cheap but at least its trending down.