Steering wheel help - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22-01-2016, 03:20 AM   #1

Club ID#: 70218

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Steering wheel help

Are boss kits and steering wheel hubs the same and do they fit any aftermarket wheels?

So I don't totally understand if all after market steering wheels fit any car as long as you get your car's boss kit or if it's not that simple? Do some wheels need their own boss kit (HICAS in my case it still being used) that also goes to your car? I ask this because I found a steering wheel I like for my R32 GTR but it doesn't specify what it fits it only says for nissan GTR. So i assume it's for a R35...does that mean it wont fit my r32? Link posted below thanks for the insight.

http://www.motorsconcept.com/index.p..._category=true

Last edited by Ethan; 22-01-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-01-2016, 06:33 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
What you need to find out from that company is what the bolt pattern is for that wheel. Different boss kits will have different bolt patterns they're compatible with and may have adapters for the different kinds or may support multiple patterns as is. That looks like a six-bolt wheel which is the most common kind nowadays but there are two common patterns on imports - Momo and Nardi. They both use six bolts but have a different PCD (pitch circle diameter) so a Momo wheel won't line up properly on a Nardi-pattern boss. Momo and Sparco are the same pattern while Nardi, Personal, and Nismo are the same.

That wheel looks like a Momo pattern since the top bolt is at 12 o'clock and not the two bolts at 11 and 1 like a Nardi but you want to confirm that info with the shop selling it because it may look like a Momo pattern but have a different PCD - aftermarket parts can be weird sometimes. I know that's not an official Nissan wheel because Nissan follows the Nardi bolt pattern like on my Nismo unit.

Once you know the bolt pattern you need then you can buy a HICAS compatible boss kit with the right hub adapter. Some hubs support both like on the Works Bell Rapfix I got while others you need to choose.
Old 22-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #3

Club ID#: 70218

View My Pictures
Thank you! I'll see if I can get in contact with these people somehow they...still waiting back from them by email.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #4

Drives: R32 GTS-T Sedan
Club ID#: 70466

View My Pictures
Yeah make sure its for an r32 due to the splines the hub has to spline onto, probably a different diameter spindle as well and make sure you get the boss kit with the hicas adapter too. If you don't, supposedly the hicas light will come on.
ClydeSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #5

Drives: 91 R32 GTR Series 1
Club ID#: 77506

Country Flag

View My Pictures
So has anyone bought a boss kit WITH hicas for the r32 GTR? I want to keep the hicas function. I see a bunch of them online, but can't figure out which is the correct one. Apparently i have an early 91 which is is Renki...so if i'm correct then something like the HKB Sports ON-111
racas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #6

Club ID#: 77090

View My Pictures
I found this web page and thought it might be helpful when you finally get the kit and wheel worked out.

The SkyLife: Steering Wheel Removal, Swap, Aftermarket Upgrade and Replacement
rreign0311 is offline   Reply With Quote