I want to see some cup holder ideas! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.


Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
I want to see some cup holder ideas!

I want to see how your beverages are being secured! I really am getting tired of using the center console. I've got an r32 but, I'm sure some air vent holders are the same. Post them up!!
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 21-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
 
GTES-t's Avatar
 
Drives: R32 4-dr GTS25
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 378
Club ID#: 791


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
I would recommend NOT to use air vent cup holders. The R32 Skyline's air vents are notorious for breaking and they are have always been expensive to replace and now that parts are getting more difficult to source their prices are skyrocketing.

I found a place in the US that is making an insert for the cup holder that works better. Here it is installed in mine:

I wanted the flat black one, but they make a carbon fiber look type as well: Custom Cupholder & misc - CarbonWorkz

Superior Auto in Japan make an insert as well that also has what looks like an old phone opening as well:
Superior Auto Creative Stylish Drink Holder R32 BNR32 - RHDJapan

And if you can find it, there's a rare Nissan optional arm rest cover that had built in cup holders: R32 GTR/ GTS Optional centre console with cup holders - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
__________________
"That can't be a Skyline! It's got four doors!"
Old missed 1990 R32 GTE -> GTS-t
Project in storage 1970 Nissan Laurel
The beast 2011 Dodge Durango
Back in a 1991 R32 GTS25
GTES-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTES-t View Post
I would recommend NOT to use air vent cup holders. The R32 Skyline's air vents are notorious for breaking and they are have always been expensive to replace and now that parts are getting more difficult to source their prices are skyrocketing.

I found a place in the US that is making an insert for the cup holder that works better. Here it is installed in mine:

I wanted the flat black one, but they make a carbon fiber look type as well: Custom Cupholder & misc - CarbonWorkz

Superior Auto in Japan make an insert as well that also has what looks like an old phone opening as well:
Superior Auto Creative Stylish Drink Holder R32 BNR32 - RHDJapan

And if you can find it, there's a rare Nissan optional arm rest cover that had built in cup holders: R32 GTR/ GTS Optional centre console with cup holders - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
I like that, I like that a lot. I agree with you on the air vent holders, I just wanted to see if anyone was running them. I think the previous owner had one in my sky because one of the vent flaps is kinda loose. Thanks for the input!
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 22-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 34
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTES-t View Post
I would recommend NOT to use air vent cup holders. The R32 Skyline's air vents are notorious for breaking and they are have always been expensive to replace and now that parts are getting more difficult to source their prices are skyrocketing.

I found a place in the US that is making an insert for the cup holder that works better. Here it is installed in mine:

I wanted the flat black one, but they make a carbon fiber look type as well: Custom Cupholder & misc - CarbonWorkz

Superior Auto in Japan make an insert as well that also has what looks like an old phone opening as well:
Superior Auto Creative Stylish Drink Holder R32 BNR32 - RHDJapan

And if you can find it, there's a rare Nissan optional arm rest cover that had built in cup holders: R32 GTR/ GTS Optional centre console with cup holders - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
How well does that hold our big american sized drinks?
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
 
GTES-t's Avatar
 
Drives: R32 4-dr GTS25
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 378
Club ID#: 791


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutton17 View Post
How well does that hold our big american sized drinks?
It doesn't but neither does the stock cup holder or add on holder I've seen... other than those horrible 90's ones that are made of plastic and hung on the door
__________________
"That can't be a Skyline! It's got four doors!"
Old missed 1990 R32 GTE -> GTS-t
Project in storage 1970 Nissan Laurel
The beast 2011 Dodge Durango
Back in a 1991 R32 GTS25
GTES-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 04:03 AM   #6
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTES-t View Post
It doesn't but neither does the stock cup holder or add on holder I've seen... other than those horrible 90's ones that are made of plastic and hung on the door
Figures. No wonder why Takumi had to learn with those plastic solo cups. As long as it hold my Orange Juice in the mornings I'll be happy. Do I need to contact that website? I've never used a site like that one before.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
Seasoned Member
 
anthonymcgrath's Avatar
 
Drives: erm nowt right now :/
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: merseyside
Posts: 11,026
Club ID#: 8089


Trade Feedback: (31)


View My Pictures
Cup holders hahahaha you yanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
__________________
my restored R32GTR project thread... new engine FTW

https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=204573
anthonymcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #8
Seasoned Member
 
JustinR34's Avatar
 
Drives: Stagea
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bath
Posts: 1,044
Club ID#: 18000

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
Cup holders hahahaha you yanks
You've not seen what is fitted to some of the jap cars then? They seem to fit a shelf with a cup holder.. seen a few fitted over the passenger airbag which aint the brightest of ideas!
JustinR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 34
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinR34 View Post
You've not seen what is fitted to some of the jap cars then? They seem to fit a shelf with a cup holder.. seen a few fitted over the passenger airbag which aint the brightest of ideas!
VIP style, the little trays that bolt/screw into the passenger side right below the airbags, still seems kinda dangerous but it can look cool.
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
I found the cup holder on ebay!!! I'm going to buy one right now!

R32 Skyline GTS GT 2dr 4DR Flat Black Custom Cup Holder | eBay

R32 Skyline GTS GT 2dr 4DR Carbon Fiber Custom Cup Holder | eBay
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Drives: r34/s4/e46/gd
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: bay area
Posts: 3
Club ID#: 71769

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
i saw this one on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5832222&type=3


haha, i just realized i posted your picture of your new cupholder on fb to your thread on here. haha.

Last edited by arai34; 05-04-2016 at 10:32 AM.
arai34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 40
Club ID#: 48203

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by arai34 View Post
i saw this one on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5832222&type=3


haha, i just realized i posted your picture of your new cupholder on fb to your thread on here. haha.
Hey! That's me haha
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2019, Verticalscope Inc.