Options for high quality imports? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyrine
  • 1 Post By GSX-R35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Drives:
Club ID#: 71457

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Options for high quality imports?

Hi Everyone - I am new to this forum and new to forums in general. There are probably other threads on where to find high quality Skylines in the US - so I apologize in advance for the same question! (Sorry Admin!)

I am looking to purchase a R32 GTR this year and do not mind spending extra to get it from a high quality shop. The main place I am looking at is Japanese Classics - I live in WA state and would have to ship the car to me, but from what I have researched it would be well worth it. Looking for as OEM as possible.

To other Skyline owners - where did you get your vehicles (any other awesome places like JC?) and what places should I watch out for?

I am semi mechanically inclined but not enough for a project car - although in the future I want to purchase RB26DETT and re-build.

Thanks! - Christine
ChristineG is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineG View Post
Hi Everyone - I am new to this forum and new to forums in general. There are probably other threads on where to find high quality Skylines in the US - so I apologize in advance for the same question! (Sorry Admin!)

I am looking to purchase a R32 GTR this year and do not mind spending extra to get it from a high quality shop. The main place I am looking at is Japanese Classics - I live in WA state and would have to ship the car to me, but from what I have researched it would be well worth it. Looking for as OEM as possible.

To other Skyline owners - where did you get your vehicles (any other awesome places like JC?) and what places should I watch out for?

I am semi mechanically inclined but not enough for a project car - although in the future I want to purchase RB26DETT and re-build.

Thanks! - Christine
Hi! I got my skyline GTS-t from Montu Motors down here in Florida. Lucky for me I live down here so, checking it out and getting it was easy. The car came in completely stock and very well maintained. I can post up pics if you'd like. But, the three I know of is Montu Motors (where my sky came from), Rivsu Imports (Very cool guys and they have skyline meets down here in Florida), and lastly, Nostalgia Imports (I've known about them for the past 5 years now, never done business with them but I know about them). Good luck with finding your sky.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #3

Drives:

View My Pictures
Hello! Thanks for the recommendations! I have contacted Montu Motors when I was doing my research to ask them questions and they were very responsive! The thing I like about Japanese Classics is they do tests on the car before selling and I am the type that would need that since I am getting it shipped and cannot check it out myself before purchasing. You are lucky you live in FL! Again thanks for the advice I will check the other two out.
ChristineG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I can vouch for Montu on that they will test and send you a video of the car running and walk around of it. They may even send you a video of it driving. I'm sure they all do it but, Montu also had my sky detailed before they handed they keys off to me as well.
ChristineG likes this.
Old 25-02-2016, 06:26 PM   #5

Drives:

View My Pictures
I will contact them again and ask about their procedures. From what I got it sounded like you can pre-purchase a car (before it's imported) and they get their cars from auctions and other means. When it gets to them, I just want to make sure it is running and won't need heavy maintenance once I receive it (other than maintenance for a 25 + year old car). It's always nice to hear from someone who can vouch for a company - thanks again!
Old 25-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
No problem! Good luck with it. The only thing I've had to replace on mine was the vaccum line to the boost solenoid. Also, when I was in there last there were a couple skylines heading off to Texas so they get a lot of out of state customers.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I bought my Nismo R32 from International Vehicle Importers. They're owned by Sean Morris who's the guru on Skyline importation and they now have a Portland office I believe so they're closer to you, while their original office is still in SoCal.

Also check out GT-RGarage. I haven't dealt with them but know a guy who bought a Calsonic-inspired R32 and he has high praise for them. They're also in your neck of the woods.

You might also want to check out Import25 here in Arizona. I haven't checked out their cars but the owner has been a massive help with my Nismo build so I can vouch he's a great guy. His stated aim with Import25 is to find only the best quality cars. Right now he doesn't have an R32 in stock except for a nice Nismo which'll fetch a high price I bet but he told me he expects more regular R32's soon.

I also listed a few more importers on my blog at 23gt.blogspot.com. Sorry if I can't link you but I can't do it from this PC I'm currently on.
Old 26-02-2016, 12:13 AM   #8

Drives:

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R35 View Post
I bought my Nismo R32 from International Vehicle Importers. They're owned by Sean Morris who's the guru on Skyline importation and they now have a Portland office I believe so they're closer to you, while their original office is still in SoCal.

Also check out GT-RGarage. I haven't dealt with them but know a guy who bought a Calsonic-inspired R32 and he has high praise for them. They're also in your neck of the woods.

You might also want to check out Import25 here in Arizona. I haven't checked out their cars but the owner has been a massive help with my Nismo build so I can vouch he's a great guy. His stated aim with Import25 is to find only the best quality cars. Right now he doesn't have an R32 in stock except for a nice Nismo which'll fetch a high price I bet but he told me he expects more regular R32's soon.

I also listed a few more importers on my blog at 23gt.blogspot.com. Sorry if I can't link you but I can't do it from this PC I'm currently on.

I will check out International Vehicle Importers - excited to hear about something potentially semi local! This is exactly the type of info I was looking for - I really appreciate it!

Thanks also for sharing your blog !
Old 26-02-2016, 02:16 AM   #9
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
I will check out International Vehicle Importers - excited to hear about something potentially semi local! This is exactly the type of info I was looking for - I really appreciate it!

Thanks also for sharing your blog !
Now that I'm on my home PC I was able to check IVI's website and their other office is in Seattle apparently, not Portland - but that just means it should be even closer to you. They just list their Cali address on their site but they do have cars in Seattle like this one (even though it says "in Ontario" if you go to the actual listing it says it's in Seattle).

1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R for sale in Ontario(USA)

I'd give them a call and see what they have.
Old 26-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #10
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Here's another car that the site says is in Washington - again the link says it's in Ontario, CA but it's supposed to be in WA per the car info lol.

1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R for sale in Ontario(USA)
Old 26-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #11

Drives:

View My Pictures
Yeah I found that they were in Seattle which is an hour away from me. I am going to be calling them to check it out! I am looking for OEM as possible - but thankful there are some to look at so close to me! THANKS!
Old 27-02-2016, 02:27 AM   #12
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Yeah I found that they were in Seattle which is an hour away from me. I am going to be calling them to check it out! I am looking for OEM as possible - but thankful there are some to look at so close to me! THANKS!
Good luck with the search and love the Impact Blue avatar lol. Though if you're getting an R32 I think Reina from Wangan Midnight would be more fitting
ChristineG likes this.
Old 27-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #13

Drives:

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R35 View Post
Good luck with the search and love the Impact Blue avatar lol. Though if you're getting an R32 I think Reina from Wangan Midnight would be more fitting
Lol I totally agree Thanks again for all the help!