Where did you get your Skyline from? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 AM   #1

Club ID#: 72721

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Where did you get your Skyline from?

Hi everyone,
As the title says where did you get your skylines from? I'm located in Texas and from the few dealers I have found most are on the East coast ( Montu Motors, FL Japaneseclassics, VA HiRev motors, FL) Weat Coast (RHD Specialties, WA)
Although I am not opposed to travel to one of this places to check out and buy a car I was wondering if there is another dealer closer to me.
charlie789 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 06:15 AM   #2

Drives: 90 Gtst(SOLD), 91 GTR
Club ID#: 69930

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I got mine from GT-R Garage. They are located in Portland but deliver to most major ports. I'm in AZ so I got mine at Long Beach Ca, but they deliver to Corpus Cristi. Should be a little closer for you
Boss_gtst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Lots of guys over in Texas must be getting skylines. I was over at Montu a few days ago and they told me two skylines (a GTS-t and a GTR) were about to go en-route to Texas. The past couple months I've been around them they've sent over about 10-12 of them.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #4

Club ID#: 48454

View My Pictures
Hi rev motors or hi rev motors Midwest FTW
ClydeSeminole likes this.
zvasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 01:32 AM   #5

Drives: 89 GTR
Club ID#: 71273

View My Pictures
Buyer Beware Phase9motorsports

I purchased an 89 GTR from Franz of Phase9motorsports out of Anaheim CA. The car was advertized as a one owner with 31k original miles. Every picture advertised by them on facebook, ebay etc showed a perfect car inside and out. There are also several testimonial videos on Youtube with customers raving about the quality of the cars they sell.
Upon delivery of the car I relized that they had switched all the seats, steering wheel floor mats and even removed the battery tie down. Basically stripped out the good parts in the pictures and replaced them with old worn out ones. It also came with no ducumentation as to its one owner history or any service history at all. When I attempted to address these issues with Franz, the owner of the company, he completely ignored me attesting to his lack of character and integrity. If you decide to buy from Phase9motorsports, protect yourself, get everything in writing first and if possible pick the car up yourself. Good luck. Frank
Fixa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 04:51 AM   #6
yup

Drives: 1991 GTS-t coupe
Club ID#: 72849

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie789 View Post
Hi everyone,
As the title says where did you get your skylines from? I'm located in Texas and from the few dealers I have found most are on the East coast ( Montu Motors, FL Japaneseclassics, VA HiRev motors, FL) Weat Coast (RHD Specialties, WA)
Although I am not opposed to travel to one of this places to check out and buy a car I was wondering if there is another dealer closer to me.
I got mine though JDM Friends in Houston (they have a FB page)
best part was I drove it home from the port
Super easy working with them
volksnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #7

View My Pictures
Don't buy from Phase9motorsports!

I bought what was advertised as a 1989 GTR that was a very clean, original owner car with 31000 miles from Phase9motorsports in Anaheim CA. The owner Franz advertised the car on facebook and ebay with many pictures showing an exceptionally clean car inside and out. There are also several testamonial videos on youtube attesting to the quality of their cars. The car #3394 can be seen on thier facebook page. The interior of the car was perfect with no flaws whatsoever. Upon delivery of the vehicle I immediately noticed that all the seats, steering wheel, interior door handles, floor mats and the air intake system had all been changed for far less quality ones. He even removed the battery tie down so the battery was just moving around in the engine bay. When I reached out to him he denied any wrongdoing and has since not responded to any of my inquiries. I purchased many cars through the years and have never dealt with anyone with such lack of integrity as Franz Tissera from Phase9motorsports. If you decide to buy from them, which I would advise against, then do whatever you must to protest yourself. Buyer Beware.
Frank
Old 09-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #8

Club ID#: 73065

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixa1 View Post
I bought what was advertised as a 1989 GTR that was a very clean, original owner car with 31000 miles from Phase9motorsports in Anaheim CA. The owner Franz advertised the car on facebook and ebay with many pictures showing an exceptionally clean car inside and out. There are also several testamonial videos on youtube attesting to the quality of their cars. The car #3394 can be seen on thier facebook page. The interior of the car was perfect with no flaws whatsoever. Upon delivery of the vehicle I immediately noticed that all the seats, steering wheel, interior door handles, floor mats and the air intake system had all been changed for far less quality ones. He even removed the battery tie down so the battery was just moving around in the engine bay. When I reached out to him he denied any wrongdoing and has since not responded to any of my inquiries. I purchased many cars through the years and have never dealt with anyone with such lack of integrity as Franz Tissera from Phase9motorsports. If you decide to buy from them, which I would advise against, then do whatever you must to protest yourself. Buyer Beware.
Frank
This is not a good thing to hear, I just put a deposit down on car #2992. It looks like the floor mats that were used in your car were placed into the one i just put a deposit on.

Last edited by Hamboner; 09-05-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Hamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #9

View My Pictures
I would recommend you either pick up the car yourself or have someone there to see it get on the delivery truck. Would not want you to go through what Im going through. Don't trust that shady mother f'er!
Old 11-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I got mine from International Vehicle Importers in Cali. Unfortunately they just had a bad fire at their warehouse that totaled several cars but plenty of people have bought from them with no issue and they have other cars still available since they have several warehouses in Cali and Washington.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #11

Drives: R32 GTS-4
Club ID#: 72401

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I purchased my 92 GTS-4 from Japanese classics in Richmond va. They are very nice to deal with but make sure you do a very thorough mechanical inspection or take someone with you that knows what to look for.
Let me preface my next comments with I am extremely pleased with and already consider my GTS-4 as one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. But...
I don't believe Japanese Classics diliberately missed, hid, or mislead me on anything. That being said things were missed, by them and myself, at the dealership upon purchase. They did find an exhaust leak in the muffler and replaced it, which was great. When I did my walk through I saw no rust or anything beyond aesthetic on the undercarriage. The blaring miss was the torn cv boot on the front driver side axel which if gone unnoticed too long would have reeked havok on the axel. The brake rotors barely had a surface anymore. They were not making any noises and were still stopping the car sufficiently so I didn't really do any further inspection. Later I had discovered a lip on the rotors like I had never seen before. I was planning on replacing the pads and rotors in my consideration for purchasing the car anyways, so on one hand no big deal, but on the other hand in the condition they were in they should probably have replaced them before I drove off the lot. I also discovered when I want to I stopped for gas a few miles down the road to fill up for the drive home that the oil was probably over a quart low. Again, my miss, but I guess I hadn't imagined they would not address such incredibly basic maintenance.
The point of my post is be thorough during your inspection of the car before buying it. I realize this is an obvious common sense point to make. Nevertheless I wanted to make it.
fnkynotajnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #12
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 21362

View My Pictures
A friend of mine just has recently contacted the seller on ebay. I took quite a bit of time but all workec out good at the end of the day.
cooljustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 05:19 AM   #13

Club ID#: 73065

View My Pictures
The car that i just recently purchased from Franz at phase9motorsports has been delivered. The car has surpassed my expectations. The car is exactly how Franz described it. I got all the factory service records and required paper work with it. The entire process was very easy and straight forward, I would recommend phase9motorsports to anyone looking to buy a r32.
Hamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #14
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 56393

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkynotajnky View Post
I purchased my 92 GTS-4 from Japanese classics in Richmond va. They are very nice to deal with but make sure you do a very thorough mechanical inspection or take someone with you that knows what to look for.
Let me preface my next comments with I am extremely pleased with and already consider my GTS-4 as one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. But...
I don't believe Japanese Classics diliberately missed, hid, or mislead me on anything. That being said things were missed, by them and myself, at the dealership upon purchase. They did find an exhaust leak in the muffler and replaced it, which was great. When I did my walk through I saw no rust or anything beyond aesthetic on the undercarriage. The blaring miss was the torn cv boot on the front driver side axel which if gone unnoticed too long would have reeked havok on the axel. The brake rotors barely had a surface anymore. They were not making any noises and were still stopping the car sufficiently so I didn't really do any further inspection. Later I had discovered a lip on the rotors like I had never seen before. I was planning on replacing the pads and rotors in my consideration for purchasing the car anyways, so on one hand no big deal, but on the other hand in the condition they were in they should probably have replaced them before I drove off the lot. I also discovered when I want to I stopped for gas a few miles down the road to fill up for the drive home that the oil was probably over a quart low. Again, my miss, but I guess I hadn't imagined they would not address such incredibly basic maintenance.
The point of my post is be thorough during your inspection of the car before buying it. I realize this is an obvious common sense point to make. Nevertheless I wanted to make it.
1992 is not legal for import yet!!
Old 23-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #15

Club ID#: 74545

View My Pictures
In the process of buying one from Hi-Rev out of Florida. 1991 gtst with 33k in mint condition. Awesome awesome awesome customer service.
JustAgtst is offline   Reply With Quote