Brake Compatability - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Brake Compatability

Does anyone know of what brakes will fit a R32 GTS-t? I'm mostly interested in the rear brakes. I've heard of 300zx pads and rotors fitting. I just wanted a confirmation.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #2

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrine View Post
Does anyone know of what brakes will fit a R32 GTS-t? I'm mostly interested in the rear brakes. I've heard of 300zx pads and rotors fitting. I just wanted a confirmation.
Not sure if the GTS-t and GTR have same diameter in the rears but if they do then 300zx is compatible but fronts on skyline specific. I just did rotors,pads, and replaced my abs module and used EBC ultimax front and rear with hawk hps pads, feels great.
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutton17 View Post
Not sure if the GTS-t and GTR have same diameter in the rears but if they do then 300zx is compatible but fronts on skyline specific. I just did rotors,pads, and replaced my abs module and used EBC ultimax front and rear with hawk hps pads, feels great.
Thanks for the input! I heard that the pads are compatible but, not the rotor. I was also thinking about getting the EBC kit.

Also, I just looked on the Hawk HP website and found that 2008 SUZUKI SX4 pads are the same as a GTS. Very interesting, I might have to take my old pads off and compare sizes at a autoparts store.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
And, it appears that the 2007 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX pads are the same as the rears. And, the it looks like the GTR, 300zx, and GTS all share the same rears. Again, I'll check at an autoparts store on of these days and confirm.
Old 28-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #5

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR
Club ID#: 62697

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
And, it appears that the 2007 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX pads are the same as the rears. And, the it looks like the GTR, 300zx, and GTS all share the same rears. Again, I'll check at an autoparts store on of these days and confirm.
Best of luck!
Strutton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
You can also try Disc Brakes Australia for the rotors. I got a full set for my GT-R at a good price from Amazon.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R35 View Post
You can also try Disc Brakes Australia for the rotors. I got a full set for my GT-R at a good price from Amazon.
I saw those, they look pretty good for the price. How do they feel?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:41 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Drives: 2010 R35, 1990 Nismo R32
Club ID#: 60170

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
I saw those, they look pretty good for the price. How do they feel?
Wish I could tell you but it'll be at least another month and a half probably before we get my new motor all buttoned up and the car running. The rotors themselves look and feel like quality bits of kit at least and DBA has a good reputation so we're pretty confident they'll work great.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R35 View Post
Wish I could tell you but it'll be at least another month and a half probably before we get my new motor all buttoned up and the car running. The rotors themselves look and feel like quality bits of kit at least and DBA has a good reputation so we're pretty confident they'll work great.
Ah, I see. Well, good luck to you sir. I think I might try those out, thanks for the input!
Old 25-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #10
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I hate bump an older thread but, I've got some useful info (I think lol). If anything, this turns into bit of a question. I started looking at brakes again and re-read the same posts about the fronts being skyline specific, however I believe that is actually wrong. I think that the fronts are only specific on a gtr, not gtst. Z32 fronts should fit a r32 gtst front. At least according to a few sites I've come across.

https://whiteheadperformance.com/product/dba-4000-series-slotted-front-rotors-pair-4909s-nissan-300zx-z32-skyline-r32-gtst-89-96/

ENDLESS Basic Slit Brake Rotor - Front S14 S15 HCR32 HNR32 - RHDJapan

These two sites are saying that the z32 and r32 fronts are the same. Maybe they're right, maybe they're not. So I dug a little deeper into my Bing searches and found...

R32 GTS-T (early) 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
R32 GTS-T type m 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
R32 GTR 296mm x 32mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)

Z32 NA 280mm x 26mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
Z32 TT 280mm x 30mm (4 pot ali sumitomo caliper)
S14, S15 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)

Okay, so according to this those sites are correct for the gtst. However I could see why the gtr is specific, due to it's larger size. Also, note that the S14 and S15 rotors are also the same size. Now, I have a type m so this applies to my gtst. If you have a non type m, then you should go for the z32 NA rotor. But, on the sites I provided they both sell the same rotors for the NA. Maybe 4mm isn't too much of a difference? I'm not sure.

(I only pulled the stuff I needed, the source is below)

http://jdmlegion.com/KnowledgeBase/Brakes/Nissan-Skyline-brake-disc-and-caliper-information-33633030-5ca2-4f69-b247-5cb9366bcaf1

If my information is wrong, please let me know. I've tried searching this subject, but always find topics on the gtr, not the gtst. I'm more than likely going to try out the front rotor set from whiteheadperformance once I get the funds and see how it goes. Any other input is appreciated.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Okay, so more good news my fellow gts and gtst owners! I bought a set of 300zx front and rear brakes with pads and they fit and work perfectly. I'm very happy with price and quality of them. Although, the pads could be better but nonetheless I'm happy.

Front Rear Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and 8 Ceramic Pads Fits Nissan 300zx | eBay

I'm very pleased to say that all of the 300zx tt brakes will fit a r32 gtst. Spead the word!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #12

Drives: 1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type M
Club ID#: 88858

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Okay, so more good news my fellow gts and gtst owners! I bought a set of 300zx front and rear brakes with pads and they fit and work perfectly. I'm very happy with price and quality of them. Although, the pads could be better but nonetheless I'm happy.

Front Rear Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and 8 Ceramic Pads Fits Nissan 300zx | eBay

I'm very pleased to say that all of the 300zx tt brakes will fit a r32 gtst. Spead the word!
This is with the stock calipers?

Good to know though!
Zack Toren is offline   Reply With Quote