More noob questions! - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Club ID#: 74545

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
More noob questions!

Just trying to get a game plan here, things look they'll be working in my favor to get a gtst.

With that being said, beat beginning mods for these cars? Anything to help drivablity or help fix any known issues? I've been creeping around the forum for the last week or two now and have done my research but can't hurt to ask.

If these post have been already been made, please direct me there.
JustAgtst is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAgtst View Post
Just trying to get a game plan here, things look they'll be working in my favor to get a gtst.

With that being said, beat beginning mods for these cars? Anything to help drivablity or help fix any known issues? I've been creeping around the forum for the last week or two now and have done my research but can't hurt to ask.

- I'd do the typical old car maintence. Oil change, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter (this is very important!!!), etc. (I'm sure, I'm missing a few)

- And if you want to get crazy, change out your fuel pump (mine died after a month of driving daily), coil pack harness, coil packs (I'd recommend spit fires or oem replacement), coolant flush, all new silicone hoses, and radiator (if needed, I'd get a dual core ;) ).

- Mods for drivability. All I did to mine (which I road race almost every weekend with it) is ISC Coilovers, and a FMIC. The stock suspension body rolls way too much for my liking and the puny side mount intercooler heat soaks after 10 minutes of driving (exaggerated. Maybe not.)

- I'll list all the replace-ables to make it easy on you.
- Oil - Everyone has a different flavor but, I use Rotella T5 15w-40 Synthetic Blend (I've used it on all my racecars good stuff)
- Oil Filter - I use 300zx (I was told 240sx ones don't have a certain filter in it or something? Idk, I just ask for the 300zx one at the autoparts store and it fits lol.)
- Air Filter - Can't remember off the top of my head, pm for the part # if you need it.
- Spark Plugs - Again, everyone has their own opinion. I am currently using bkr7eix gapped to 1.1. Next go around I'm going bcpr7es with 0.8 gap.
- Fuel Filter - J30 Fuel filter, fits perfect with the 90 bend
- Fuel Pump - Walbro 255 w/s13 kit
- Coil pack harness - Wiring specialties sent in from Raw Brokerage

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M Sedan
Club ID#: 71209

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Oh and I forgot to mention brakes! Lucky for you, I just test fitted 300zx brakes (front and rear) to my r32 gtst and they fit and work perfectly.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2016, 12:20 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 68474

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAgtst View Post

All the Noob's questions are answered in the F&Q

FAQ's - Skyline Owners Forum

In a nut shell a full service :- plugs, all oils, brake and clutch fluid, filters, aux belts, timing belt, maybe pad's and disk's if your not upgrading, then stage one mods if you so wish
KarlosR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #5

Club ID#: 74962

View My Pictures
Hi guys got a rb25 neo have a cold start problem in the morning car start up then die i have to keep my foot slightly on accelerator to keep car idling till its warm then i can drive, i have a dictator management installed in my car mechanic said i will have this problem cause i run management system is this true or not. thanks
fikwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 68474

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by fikwa View Post
Hi guys got a rb25 neo have a cold start problem in the morning car start up then die i have to keep my foot slightly on accelerator to keep car idling till its warm then i can drive, i have a dictator management installed in my car mechanic said i will have this problem cause i run management system is this true or not. thanks
Best to start a new thread
Could be something as simple as a 20 coolant temperature sensor
KarlosR33 is offline   Reply With Quote