Originally Posted by JustAgtst
Just trying to get a game plan here, things look they'll be working in my favor to get a gtst.
With that being said, beat beginning mods for these cars? Anything to help drivablity or help fix any known issues? I've been creeping around the forum for the last week or two now and have done my research but can't hurt to ask.
If these post have been already been made, please direct me there.
- I'd do the typical old car maintence. Oil change, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter (this is very important!!!), etc. (I'm sure, I'm missing a few)
- And if you want to get crazy, change out your fuel pump (mine died after a month of driving daily), coil pack harness, coil packs (I'd recommend spit fires or oem replacement), coolant flush, all new silicone hoses, and radiator (if needed, I'd get a dual core ;) ).
- Mods for drivability. All I did to mine (which I road race almost every weekend with it) is ISC Coilovers, and a FMIC. The stock suspension body rolls way too much for my liking and the puny side mount intercooler heat soaks after 10 minutes of driving (exaggerated. Maybe not.)
- I'll list all the replace-ables to make it easy on you.
- Oil - Everyone has a different flavor but, I use Rotella T5 15w-40 Synthetic Blend (I've used it on all my racecars good stuff)
- Oil Filter - I use 300zx (I was told 240sx ones don't have a certain filter in it or something? Idk, I just ask for the 300zx one at the autoparts store and it fits lol.)
- Air Filter - Can't remember off the top of my head, pm for the part # if you need it.
- Spark Plugs - Again, everyone has their own opinion. I am currently using bkr7eix gapped to 1.1. Next go around I'm going bcpr7es with 0.8 gap.
- Fuel Filter - J30 Fuel filter, fits perfect with the 90 bend
- Fuel Pump - Walbro 255 w/s13 kit
- Coil pack harness - Wiring specialties sent in from Raw Brokerage
If you have any questions feel free to ask!