Power FC woes - sell or keep? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27-08-2016, 03:31 AM   #1
Metal God

Club ID#: 76858

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Power FC woes - sell or keep?

Hello all, I am a new member here. Recently bought a Power FC for the GTR, and for the life of me, I cannot make it to run my car. It ran great on an R33 GTR with 600cc injectors and single turbo setup, but doesnt on my car. Seems my wiring harness is messed up or I cannot set the PFC up properly.

I am contemplating selling it if no one can help me. I have been at it for days now, and while the ECU turns on and shows all data, it just wouldn't fire the car up. Runs fine with the stock ECU. My only recourse is to either find help here, or sell it.

The ECU has been reset to factory settings for the R33 GTR, and boost controller is disabled. Still, no luck. The ECU itself is fine. I think it just doesnt want to work with my setup - LS2 coils, and R34GTR injectors. Stock turbo and CAS.

So, help? Or buy it?

Thanks.
judasentinel is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Welcome to the forum, the PFC is model specific fella, so a GTR33 one wont run a GTR34 etc.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Metal God

Club ID#: 76858

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
And I do have an R33, but with R34 GTR injectors, which, as I am told, are the exact same as those for earlier GTRs. There is no reason why it shouldn't run on the R33, and/or R32 or R34, as they all share more or less the same pinouts, with minor differences, which can be managed.

At any rate, I am requesting people who have had experience with PFC to help identify why it is not running my car. I have read through forums and posts for days, and there seems to be no consensus about the PFC not running a Skyline. It is a used unit, which I have reset to base settings.

How does one check if the ECU is actually working? It powers up, shows all the sensors, and maps, as well as injector and ignition settings. What else could be going on?

BTW, the car is still running good on a stock ECU.
judasentinel is offline   Reply With Quote