Tuning opinions - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

Drives: 90 Gtst(SOLD), 91 GTR
Club ID#: 69930

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Tuning opinions

So a few days ago I managed to get a really good deal on a gt3071r turbo. I was originally going to Rb25 swas my gtst but couldn't convince myself to remove a good running rb20. So, for the time I'm gonna toss this turbo on it until it pops. I'm in the process of getting the supporting mods (injectors, fmic, new fuel pump and tuning). I basically know everything I want except for tuning. What's everyone's take on let's say nistune, pfc or running a haltech. Should u just get someone locally who can tune the ecu to do it? I don't know what program he uses though. I do know that he has tuned R32s before. What's everyone's thoughts?
Boss_gtst is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #2

Drives: 1991 Skyline GTST
Club ID#: 76122

View My Pictures
my r32 gtst will be coming soon and I'm in phoenix, so id be interested in who and what you use. Mine will have a mystery blitz ecu, not sure what its tuned to.
unlewser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #3

Club ID#: 77922

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_gtst View Post
So a few days ago I managed to get a really good deal on a gt3071r turbo. I was originally going to Rb25 swas my gtst but couldn't convince myself to remove a good running rb20. So, for the time I'm gonna toss this turbo on it until it pops. I'm in the process of getting the supporting mods (injectors, fmic, new fuel pump and tuning). I basically know everything I want except for tuning. What's everyone's take on let's say nistune, pfc or running a haltech. Should u just get someone locally who can tune the ecu to do it? I don't know what program he uses though. I do know that he has tuned R32s before. What's everyone's thoughts?
You get whatever your tuner is most adept at using, so ask him/her. I'm not sure why you're asking us when you should be asking your tuner instead.
minesskyline is offline   Reply With Quote