Legal Import of R34 GTR? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > USA MEMBERS FORUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #1

Club ID#: 81137

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Legal Import of R34 GTR?

I would like to buy my first skyline and I came across vistec r imports and saw they had 3 R34 GTR for importing "legally" to USA. Here are the links:
vistec-r-imports
vistec-r-imports
vistec-r-imports

Are these really legal to import?
GTR_VspecII is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 14716

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
First two links work, third doesn't. They're the only R34 GTR's that are eligible for import (1999 R34 GTR V-Spec in MP2) but it's not straight forward. They can only be registered for Show and Display.

Check the colour code on the VIN plate to make sure they actually are Midnight Purple 2. They look more MP3 to me but it could just be the pictures.

MP2 code is LV4, MP3 code is LX0

Very expensively priced but I guess they have a captive market. I wouldn't pay that sort of money for an R34GTR.

Last edited by Jags; 25-02-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #3

Club ID#: 49718

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags View Post
First two links work, third doesn't. They're the only R34 GTR's that are eligible for import (1999 R34 GTR V-Spec in MP2) but it's not straight forward. They can only be registered for Show and Display.

Check the colour code on the VIN plate to make sure they actually are Midnight Purple 2. They look more MP3 to me but it could just be the pictures.

MP2 code is LV4, MP3 code is LX0

Very expensively priced but I guess they have a captive market. I wouldn't pay that sort of money for an R34GTR.
And the N1, omly 19 made.
stj88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 14716

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
The N1 isn't on the list for eligible cars under show and display, well not on the October 2014 list date anyway, not sure if its been updated since.

The type of car needs to be approved and then each individual car on its own merits
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #5

Club ID#: 81329

View My Pictures
150k for a R34 is way to much, At that price you can buy all sorts of other cars. I mean i realize its an R34 and thats like the holy grail and all..but...150k can get you so much more.

R32 and R33's go for a fifth that in exceptional condition. Just wait until they become import friendly and itll cost significantly less.

Besides that, that are not road legal, they are limited to specific conditions. Many people have US R34's but they are show cars, drift cars or are props like Paul Walkers R34 was. I want an R34 but its best to sit and wait.. Save the money if you have it and when one becomes legal to drive, you can outright buy it and owe nothing, and have money left over for tasteful upgrades.
Brevillance is offline   Reply With Quote