first mods done ! (thanks to shawny) - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > N/A Forum

N/A Forum Naturally aspirated technical forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline gtst m-type spec ii
Club ID#: 23949

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
first mods done ! (thanks to shawny)

firstly big thanks to shawny, the exhaust is mega.

fitted an induction kit this weekend, then shawnys exhaust turned up on my doorstep after some very technical logistic planning lol - induction kit went on pretty easy with no real probs and sounds great, give the engine sound that little bit of edge.

so got the exhaust on pretty quickly with no major dramas, apart from that it is about 2 inches short lol , it now sits flush with the bumper (inset a teeny bit), think this is because mine is a 4 door so that little bit longer, however not a problem that a hacksaw and a metal protective plate cant fix (looks pretty good aswell lol), not as loud as i thought it was gonna be however not sure if that got anything to do with mine being SOHC, but it gives a lovely purr and starts to roar over 3000 rpm, really sounds sweet

so in all im very happy with my first couple of mods wooo hoooo, and im learning as i go along, which is great.

next is wheels im on the look out for 17inch 4x114.3, if you got any you wanna get rid of pm me and ill gladly take them off your hands, - thats all for now - pics will be up very soon

kindest regards,
fitzy
fitz952 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 Project 300s / vauxhall zafira / orange transit
Club ID#: 5483

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
Thumbs up Top fella

Great to hear it went on all ok , a decat mite make it louder as when it was on mine it was LOUD . Good luck with the rest on your project mate and if you need any info and i can help just give me a call

Cheers Shawny
Old 07-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-4
Club ID#: 14939

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Nice one!

I guess no problems unbolting the original exhaust from the cat, or did you replace the cat as well?

I'm slightly reluctant to do mine cos I keep hearing its quite likely to sheer the bolts off the cat which would leave me a bit stuck. Just have a drill ready and some replacement bolts+nuts just in case I suppose.

Good job
VaguelyAmused is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline gtst m-type spec ii
Club ID#: 23949

View My Pictures
yeah the bolts where stuck , prob cos of the heat that goes through over time has just siezed on there, but i just used a socket set and went for it lol, even pressure on the nut instead of forcing it in one crack, took quiete alot of force lol, was gonna give up at one point and nip up to ATS just to get them to crack the nuts but brute force and ignorance did it in the end lol the exhaust from the cat back is only the two bolts and the new one fitted on like a glove, the original seal was still ok so just put some gum gum paste on and bobs your uncle, prob took about 40 mins to get the exhaust off mainly cos of the rubber hanging brackets but just used WD40 on them and they slipped off with a bit of force, then the new one was on within 10 - 15 mins pretty simple and easy to do really - i used my own ramps (from halfrauds), think im gonna get the cat took off in the not so distant future but for now its much better, and coupled with the induction kit sounds 100 times better lol - good luck with yours, if you need any help just pm mate
fitz952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33 rb25de now rb25det :)
Club ID#: 17179

Country Flag

View My Pictures
hi am looking for new wheels so will let you know as soon as i decide to get and have money for
chrisdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-4
Club ID#: 14939

Country Flag

View My Pictures
wicked, cheers for the info. I'll spray some Plus-Gas on them first see if that helps with a normal socket set and then try with an impact gun if they don't come unstuck (I have weedy arms! ) I've heard impact guns can sheer bolts but I think that is more when tightening and over torquing. What's the worst that could happen lol.

Hope you are enjoying your exhaust!
VaguelyAmused is offline   Reply With Quote