T34 Clicking Noise :-/ - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > N/A Forum

N/A Forum Naturally aspirated technical forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Club ID#: 33868

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
T34 Clicking Noise :-/

/\ R34 Clicking Noise /\

Hey guys, recently had a manual conversion carried out on my 34, all seemed good at first but I've started to notice a clicking noise which over the last few days has got a lot worse the best way I can describe it is like the noise when you spin a bicycle wheel but a bit more metaly :-/ or chipping at a stone with a pick. When I lightly hold the throttle is the only time it seems to stop, as soon as I back off or apply power it's there again ..Any ideas as to what this could be ?

Video :
http://youtu.be/PFI79zUVg08

Last edited by Hazadus; 07-07-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Hazadus is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #2

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Video now working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hazadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #3

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Anyone ? :-/
Hazadus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #4

Club ID#: 35821

View My Pictures
i know very little of the skylines issues and problems, however you might want to check the basics.
if you have hubcaps make sure someone isn't being a jerk and stuck something inside of them to make noise. check to see if your rotors(or broken and moving around) and pads aren't lose, check your cv joints and axles.

check your clutch, pressure plate and flywheel to see if they have any excessive movement(if you can move them with your hand without the engine spinning, you have a problem.

if you have aftermarket rims, check to make sure the wheel weights aren't hitting your ball joints, tie rod ends ect.
iceman9447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
http://www.japmad.net

Drives: R33 GTS N/A
Club ID#: 11687

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazadus View Post
/\ R34 Clicking Noise /\

Hey guys, recently had a manual conversion carried out on my 34, all seemed good at first but I've started to notice a clicking noise which over the last few days has got a lot worse the best way I can describe it is like the noise when you spin a bicycle wheel but a bit more metaly :-/ or chipping at a stone with a pick. When I lightly hold the throttle is the only time it seems to stop, as soon as I back off or apply power it's there again ..Any ideas as to what this could be ?

Video :
http://youtu.be/PFI79zUVg08
who did it for you ??
sounds like the propshaft is rubbing on the gearbox output surround
if it was done in the garage there's no reason why that got pushed out of shape what with the motor on a lift and probability of using a gearbox jack

I did my auto to manual conversion on the drive, only jacked the front up, not much room, and as such when putting the manual box in place I dented the said surround when lifting, bench pressing, using my knees anyway I could to get it up and in

easy way to tell, jack it up on the diff, out of gear etc etc etc and turn the prop while at the rear of the box, if it is that surround that's out of shape you will hear it. Take note where you hear it.

I then got some leavers and re shaped it. Ideally you would remove the propshaft, but with the right tools there is no need.

Hopefully is just something as simply as that, in which case it will take you longer to jack the car up than do the fix . Good luck
darknightmare is offline   Reply With Quote