US Forces POV Inspection Questions - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > GERMANY / AUSTRIA / SWITZERLAND

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: GTR32 / G37S
Club ID#: 34286

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Exclamation US Forces POV Inspection Questions

So it took all of 5 seconds for the Wiesbaden inspection point to fail my car and the reasons given are completely unreasonable and will cost too much. I.E. remove the spoiler and fill the boot lid holes, etc, etc... sory but not filling the factory mounting holes!

Does anyone have any tips and or pointers and or locations that are easier to get a skyline passed than others? Any help will be appreciated!

(OO\ skyline /OO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2f55...ature=youtu.be
BKKN is offline   Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #2

Drives:
Club ID#: 31811

Country Flag

View My Pictures
A good address is RHD/speedmaster. I think he is located in Mannheim. But I can tell you already that there is no chance to get that rear wing street legal in Germany.
Basically you will need converted headlamps, an extra fog light and a catalyst. On any further issue just ask at RHD/speedmaster.
http://www.rhd-speedmaster.de/
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: R-34
Club ID#: 31838

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
wtf is wrong with wiesbaden?

only thing i had to do at spang was get my head lights modded, and really all i did was take it to a mechanic, he adjusted them, and put some black tape on them.

they didn't say anything about my spoiler, or my buddies spoiler on his 33

but i personally think they don't like jap cars here. try bringing it to spang haha

Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 34465

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
Mostly it's what you say. As they don't know the car some inspectors don't know what is OEM an and what not and tell you that everything is allright and you can go.
Other inspectors are due to that fact really strict and want to see and know everything...
So it really depends on the inspector but the basics really have to be done as for example the headlight, the rear fog light and they want to see the Europe-mark (E-prüfzeichen) on the parts otherwhise they want to see some paper which allows you to drive that car with that mods (ie spoiler).
So that's the reason why some inspectors even critisize OEM parts -.-
The pro and cons of driving such an exotic car.

I would recommend speedmaster as they can nearly guve you TUV for every OEM and not OEM part.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeJones View Post
wtf is wrong with wiesbaden?

only thing i had to do at spang was get my head lights modded, and really all i did was take it to a mechanic, he adjusted them, and put some black tape on them.

they didn't say anything about my spoiler, or my buddies spoiler on his 33

but i personally think they don't like jap cars here. try bringing it to spang haha
Yea I've heard its easier in Ramstein or Baumholder as well b/c they see the cars much more, to my knowledge I'm the only person that owns one of these in this area. I figured ahead of time that they were going to be assholes about it, I can even see taking off the spoiler if I really must then just refitting it when I get home but they wanted the holes filled too. I was like **** YOU! Even in the AE regulation it states "Spoilers, must be attached to the vehicle in accordance with factory mounting specifications." and this one is the same height as the factory wing and uses the exact same factory mounting points and hardware. Looks like I'll be sucking up a drive out to Baumholder or Spang and see how it goes lol. At least I have temp plates and a fuel card so I'm still good for the ring this weekend!

Thanks man!
- Bryan

(OO\ skyline /OO)
Old 12-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Yea I realize all the TUV papers and the Europe-Mark stuff for people who actually live here. I fall under US Forces and am exempt from being required to have the fog light and all that good stuff b/c the cars we bring over from the US don't have them. And I cant take it to just "any" inspecting station, it has to be stamped off by the US Forces inspection station b/c I don't have "real" german plates or registration. So it's more a matter of finding the base with the better / shadier inspectors lol.

(OO\ skyline /OO)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 34465

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
That's quite nice to =)
Where do I have to suscribe for the Army =D

No but it will surely be the same so it only depends on the inspector...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #8

Drives:
Club ID#: 31811

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Yes I forgot that the US Forces fall under special regulation and actually a lot of exemptions are tolerated compared to original German inspections.

A bit off topic, but is it really necessary for the procedure that you get stamped by the base located inspectors? I mean even if you are part of the Force you are as well a resident of Germany so couldn't you go the normal way but considering then that you'd i.e. need a fog light then^^ Might be a stupid question but I'm just curious
Old 13-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR, 1995 GTST, Impreza RB5 #115
Club ID#: 28018

Country Flag

View My Pictures
AE Reg 190-1

http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/rmv/ba...nformation.htm

http://www.imcom-europe.army.mil/web...y/aer190-1.pdf

It just says for exterior and interior modifications; "Visual Check" and to fail it it must be; "...fitting not according to regulations."

I will be in Wiesbaden soon, and may be starting up a chapter of a really successful car club we have up @ Graf (over 50 members ATM) AE Motorsports.

I have some spare R33 parts around, and we will get all of the skylines thru inspection. I just hope my screamer pipe doesn't get scrutinized.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #10

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozilla View Post
Yes I forgot that the US Forces fall under special regulation and actually a lot of exemptions are tolerated compared to original German inspections.

A bit off topic, but is it really necessary for the procedure that you get stamped by the base located inspectors? I mean even if you are part of the Force you are as well a resident of Germany so couldn't you go the normal way but considering then that you'd i.e. need a fog light then^^ Might be a stupid question but I'm just curious

The USAEUR inspection is the only one that matters for US Personnel. The TUV is much much more stringent, and would fail 50% + or more of the US forces vehicles.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
**It just says for exterior and interior modifications; "Visual Check" and to fail it it must be; "...fitting not according to regulations."**

Yea I attempted to argue it b/c it does utilize all the factory mounting hardware and location but he didnt want to hear it. So I was like, will you at least finish the inspection so I know if there is anything else that fails? He replied "No! Your wasting my time!" I was like wow, you have been staring at me the entire time you inspected 6 cars in front of me, would have been nice if you hadn't wasted mine when you knew damn well what you were planning on saying. So either way I plan to take it off, insert some rubber grommets, and take it somewhere else.

Side note... My neighbor was talking about AE Motorsports the other day and said there were a few people up here that knew of it and or attended meets, but he's kinda a tool so I left it alone lol... I was in Graf this weekend though and got some info on it from the guy that has the carbon wrapped 370Z, can't remember his name if my life depended on it... It'll be nice to get some more "car people" up here, either they few and far between or stay well below the radar.

(OO\ skyline /OO)
Old 13-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #12

Drives: 1996 Skyline gtst
Club ID#: 33276

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKN View Post
**It just says for exterior and interior modifications; "Visual Check" and to fail it it must be; "...fitting not according to regulations."**

Yea I attempted to argue it b/c it does utilize all the factory mounting hardware and location but he didnt want to hear it. So I was like, will you at least finish the inspection so I know if there is anything else that fails? He replied "No! Your wasting my time!" I was like wow, you have been staring at me the entire time you inspected 6 cars in front of me, would have been nice if you hadn't wasted mine when you knew damn well what you were planning on saying. So either way I plan to take it off, insert some rubber grommets, and take it somewhere else.

Side note... My neighbor was talking about AE Motorsports the other day and said there were a few people up here that knew of it and or attended meets, but he's kinda a tool so I left it alone lol... I was in Graf this weekend though and got some info on it from the guy that has the carbon wrapped 370Z, can't remember his name if my life depended on it... It'll be nice to get some more "car people" up here, either they few and far between or stay well below the radar.

I had a similar experience when we first came here and I owned a Mazda rx-8. I had condensation in my rear taillight and the inspector failed me and I asked if he would at least finish the inspection and he told me there was no point. Like, really?? me=heated.

You're in Weisbaden, right? There's a pretty decent car scene up there, domestic wise at least. We were there about 2 weekends ago for a mustang meet and cruise. (:
Old 13-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Yea there are more than the average amount of people with mustangs and camero's up here for sure, that's not really my thing though lol. I've tried to get along with the "muscle car" crowd but it usually doesnt go all that well. In my experience american muscle owners are pretty closed minded. I do however respect that you and your husband have one of each, major props to that lol.

I had an RX-8 a few years ago too, by far the worst decision I ever made. Didn't even drive it hard and it blew up at 35k miles, mazda warrenty bought a new engine and it blew again 18k miles later and that was enough. Sent it packing! In my mind it seemed like it would be a fun car and it looked kinda cool but I even had the GT 6 Speed and it was like stepping on a mushroom untill 6000 RPM.

(OO\ skyline /OO)
Old 13-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #14

Drives: 1996 Skyline gtst
Club ID#: 33276

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKN View Post
Yea there are more than the average amount of people with mustangs and camero's up here for sure, that's not really my thing though lol. I've tried to get along with the "muscle car" crowd but it usually doesnt go all that well. In my experience american muscle owners are pretty closed minded. I do however respect that you and your husband have one of each, major props to that lol.

I had an RX-8 a few years ago too, by far the worst decision I ever made. Didn't even drive it hard and it blew up at 35k miles, mazda warrenty bought a new engine and it blew again 18k miles later and that was enough. Sent it packing! In my mind it seemed like it would be a fun car and it looked kinda cool but I even had the GT 6 Speed and it was like stepping on a mushroom untill 6000 RPM.
There are a lot of meatheads in the group haha. I get a ton of crap for driving a Nissan from a specific one with a fox body but I plan to roast him at the next Bitburg event soooo you should come and video it.

Did you reach the Baumholder office for Veh Inspection?
Old 13-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #15

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Ive had my share with the "Meatheads" in AE, but thats the same in any car club. I joined about 6 months ago and have recruited more people into the group in the last 3 months than the rest of the club had gathered in the last year......

But AE does have the $$ and a little history. Here in Graf we get 15% off at a local sound shop and that guy with the grey Nismo 370Z w/ the carbon wrap on top is Rob. My friend Andre in Weiden @ Car Wrapping Wirz hooked him up pretty good with the wrap and tint. If I can get a group of people together and coalesce a group, all the better... If not.. Ill hangout with the other Skyline dudes.

BTW, I can tune with Nistune (Consult), and OPENECU (Subies&Evo's).. I tune AEMotorsports and Adrenaline Lifestyle cars for free.. I just did 2: A pearl "white" Twincharged 350Z, and an Evo8 with a forged motor.. Both from A.L. in Ansbach.

350: http://youtu.be/HJsDY1WiAAc

And I have a powdercoat system somewhere in the mail.....

Last edited by Boostoff; 13-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread