RB25DET help needed - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > GERMANY / AUSTRIA / SWITZERLAND

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST Spec 2
Club ID#: 20235

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
RB25DET help needed

Hello, And blessings to all:

Need a little help here, the car start increasing the pressure in the radiator at a point that it came off the edge off the cap so all my engine is full of brown nasty coolant. Also the exhaust is smoking. It is my understanding that is a blown head gasket . Now I was trying to check on the piston rings to see if I also need to buy them by removing PCV hose while engine runs, to look for smoke or vapor coming out, which I did but as soon as I did this engine died. I put the PCV hose back in and this time I try to take oil cap off and after 1 sec engine star failing and died again. PCV needs to be replaced apparently, right?. Any guidance or comments, please let me know if I am going the right direction, and also need advice what would be better or CHEAPER buy an engine ; Or replace all full set of gaskets upgrading to metal head gasket/timing belt/PCV and fix this one. Also if there anybody that know a (TRUST-FULL) place to take engine head to be rebuild close to Kaiserslautern let me know.
( Again TRUST-FULL PLACE, Some people in the scene here honestly can not be called JDM mechanics,they just CHARGED THIEFS, OOPS IF IT FITS YOU PUT IT ON) that's why ill better do the job myselft. Anyway, Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
HELLCLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Top Cat

Club ID#:

Yes the PCV valve needs to be connected otherwise you'll have a vacuum leak on idle and it won't like it.

Check for blue smoke, cream on the oil cap, and get it leak down tested for compression.
Old 14-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1996 Nissan Skyline GTS-T
Club ID#: 28549

View My Pictures
If you have coolant leaking from the rad cap that would be an overpressurised system. This is usually cause by a bad thermostat. Really easy to replace. I am more of a i need to be around the car to trouble shoot. And yes if there is coolant in with your engine oil that could be a cracked head or blown head gasket, and if your engine overheated, it could be a cracked head/black. All of this isnt looking too good. If you might need any help let me know. Spangdahlem isnt that far from k-town.
J_Cool87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!

Drives: 1990 R32 GTR, 1995 GTST, Impreza RB5 #115
Club ID#: 28018

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I have a full leakdown test kit. Just need access to a compressor to do it right.
Boostoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #5

Country Flag

View My Pictures
What was the outcome? If you find a machine shop I will help you rebuild yours. I got all the tools and whatnot.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST Spec 2
Club ID#: 20235

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Shuuuu, Im done already and on my way to Afghanistan. However, the car seem to have a damage coil in # 6 spark plug. Well talk about it when I come back. Thank you doh...
HELLCLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #7

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Found a really great welding shop, a sweet paint shop, and a badass machine shop all in Mainz near Wiesbaden.