Army guy looking to go to Germany. - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Regional Forums > GERMANY / AUSTRIA / SWITZERLAND

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #1

Club ID#: 25399

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Army guy looking to go to Germany.

I posted up in this forum about 3 years ago saying the same thing. This time this are a little different. I'm now single. At the time my wife didn't want to go to Germany cause she didn't want to miss mommy and daddy.... Lol.

So a little about me. Name is Joshua Briggs. I'm a 88M truck driver. I'm a E-5 now. I've got 5 years of experience in my job as a 88M. I'm also certified as a CBRN NCO and a commo radio guy. I'm now single and really thinking about Germany. I'm 25 and would love to go.

On the skyline side of things I will be looking for a 89-91 R32 GTR. 3 years from now the 25 year rule will be in place for those year models so I will be able to bring it back no questions asked.

Plan on slight mods with it nothing serious as it will be my DD and we all know how the R32 RB26DETT with the crank and oil pump is at high RPM's and oil issues.

Anyway. Just looking for info at this point. I know I can buy from the UK and England and bring to Germany. Then there is the rare part of finding one in Germany.

I guess only time will tell. Ill be able to talk to reenlistment in October. Ill keep you guys updated on yay or nay. I'm hoping yay.

Till next time. -Briggs.

Oh can I change my screen name?
the vert is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen

International Area Rep

Drives: R33 Gts-t 1993, Vauxhall Zafira 1.9CDTI
Club ID#: 30069

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
Hi buddy. Where in Germany are you going to be based. There is a large community of skyline owners over here.

In regards to sourcing a r32 there are many importers here if u would like a fresh one from Japan or myself can source one for you from the UK.

Parts at avalible too. I mainly supy the army boys with what they require buy getting parts from the UK.

There are a few traders in Germany mos engineering being one of them who are very good.

Pm me if I want more info on anything and I will as what I can do.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 45870

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Greeting's

When are you supposed to head this way? And have you networked it with branch to lock it in? I am in the Wiesbaden area and like WILD stated there are serveral Skyline owners over here. (I have personaly only met 3) but have seen several around.

I have an R33 and plan on being here for a while so I like you will be good on the 25 yr mark when i Ship it back.

Mike
milmika is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #4

View My Pictures
Thanks Wild. I have been in contact with pistonheads via email about a R32 GTR. As of right now I do not know where or when I will be arriving. Anyone ever have any issues with these guys? They are responding quick and answering all my questions so far so good in my book!

I haven't spoke with Branch as I plan on reenlisting. I suppose I can call them but I can't do anything till Oct till my flag is removed. I was late to a Battalion recall formation for a DUI back in April. They gave me a company grade article 15 with 180 days flagged. So that kind of screwed me over. Time for a new assignment. Been here for 4 1/2 years. I'm surprised I haven't got orders. At this point I would turn them down anyway.

Mike I hear you on the R33. Got a while for that one to be grandfathered in.
the vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #5

International Area Rep

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Personally I have not used pistonheads so can't comment. If you want to import one then many traders on here can help with this.

It's all down to what you want and how much u wanna spend
Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Personally I have not used pistonheads so can't comment. If you want to import one then many traders on here can help with this.

It's all down to what you want and how much u wanna spend
Link to Mos Engineering or any other company you have done business with or have helped other guys do business with? This is a big purchase and I've never bought a car without first looking at it in person so this is really going to be iffy for me.

Pistonheads sent me some pics of a really clean R32 with a R33 RB26 in it with slight mods and quoted me 11,000 Euro shipped to his location in Germany.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #7

International Area Rep

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Www.mps-engineering.de

Speak with chritiana, phillip or markus.

They all speak good English if u can't speak Germany

A UK option is to speak with Dave at the gtr shop (traders section)

I have bought parts off him and a car which all were perfect.
Old 13-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #8

View My Pictures
Is there anyone else I can deal with other then Dave or PistonHeads?
Old 13-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!

Drives: R32 GTR
Club ID#: 2418

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vert View Post
Is there anyone else I can deal with other then Dave or PistonHeads?
These guys have a good rep for importing quality cars : http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/

My Garage
dellaruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #10

Drives: Civic FN2 soon to be R33 Skyline
Club ID#: 46003

Country Flag

View My Pictures
GDUK JAP PARTS got me a good one their very good just bought mine from them, their based in Huntingdon near Cambridge.

Im based in Germany and use Chris Wilds garage for the Skyline. So get yourself to Paderborn area. ;-)

Last edited by Jeza; 16-09-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

Club ID#: 46168

View My Pictures
I've got a 1991 R32 that I have been working on that was previously registered with USAREUR but needs some parts to get it back up and street legal. I'm in the Ansbach area and might be looking for a buyers as I'm planning to move elsewhere. If you are still looking, drop me a line and we can talk.
AbleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #12

View My Pictures
Not quite in Germany yet but thanks for the info. How much did you guys pay for your R32's. Did y'all do the mods needed yourself or pay someone? I'm finding that a Germany ready skyline is about 1500-2000 euro more then one that isn't.
Old 22-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 34465

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
In Germany you have the problem with the TUV. They want to see all the papers needed for the aftermarkt parts in order to write them in you car paper.
That is a thing which costs a lot depending on which parts youu have on the car. There are still enough parts which can`t be inserted in your car papers as there are any informtion given about the aftermarkt parts.

Another point is that the front lights have to be changed due to the driving on the other side etc.
Dragon2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #14

International Area Rep

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vert View Post
Not quite in Germany yet but thanks for the info. How much did you guys pay for your R32's. Did y'all do the mods needed yourself or pay someone? I'm finding that a Germany ready skyline is about 1500-2000 euro more then one that isn't.
As above. Everything for then car needs to be certificated. Cost a lot of money.
Best bet is to buy one pre done unless u are planning on making more modifications to the car, then I would do that first then get it registered
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
Seasoned Member

Drives: GTR32 / G37S
Club ID#: 34286

Country Flag

View My Pictures
USAREUR inspection for US DoD is completely seperate from the German TUV so if you get a car from the UK or Japan there is no need to pay extra for modifications. They say you have to "fix" the headlights but it all depends on who is at the shop that day. I'm personally running R32 N1's just with the beams adjusted and have never been questioned. I'm sure it probably blinds the shit out of people but I think I've driven it at night maybe 5 times in the last two years so not that big of deal to me lol. But that is the reason a Skyline already in Germany is much more expencive b/c pretty much anyone other then US DoD personnel have to pay for the TUV modifications. I would personally reccommend having one shipped in from elsewhere. It's a huge gamble for sure; my GTR was the first car I've ever bought without actually seeing it in person but as long as you go to a legit importer like stated above then there should be no issues. There are other small nuances about owning a Skyline in Germany but those are better off shared in PM so I don't hurt anyone's feelings lol. So send me a message if you care to know my personal opinion. But anyway good luck on getting over here, I've been here 5 years and have had quite enough; can't wait to get back to the states!

(OO\ skyline /OO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2f55...ature=youtu.be
BKKN is offline   Reply With Quote