you just need abit of imagination , and you get this - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: V35 Skyline 350GT 6 Spd man
Club ID#: 12030

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
you just need abit of imagination , and you get this

well you've seen Happy V35's project 350GT pics

i got presented with this yesterday and my chin still hurts from when my mouth fell wide open and it hit the floor

see a "plain Jane" with a nasty merc style grille can be made to look mental ,

3 years ago i was saying this to the "knockers" :vader: of the 350GT who now funny enough all seem to be seeing the light and moving over

Now all you do is find a few choice parts a bit of imagination and you get what Nissan should have done in the beginning when they replaced the R34 with the V35

Enjoy ...

i am seroiusly jeleaous Paul and cant wait to see this on display this year on our stands ,

On the move i think immense describes it

Last edited by BLITZSKYLINE; 07-03-2010 at 10:06 AM.
BLITZSKYLINE is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline V35 350GT
Club ID#: 20400

View My Pictures
ha ha, hou could at least of waited till the masking tape was off and it had been polished. this is still gun finish and hasnt been properly finished yet. going to do a bit of engine bay work today and try and get things all shiny again ha ha
happy v35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Very nice I would love to go for the complete but subtle kited look, but as i have just spent 2K on wheels, suspension and exhaust, i am going to go for some of the cheap (but subtle) touches that seem to work for me anyway on some of the US cars.

Poor mans carbon defuser, satin black the panel over the exhausts, de badge the front grill and paint satin black, mask off the lower front vents and satin black them giving a lager aperture look, and finally paint the headlight insides black, oh! and tint the rear lights, and possible de badge, should keep me happy for the time being.
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: Skyline 350GT
Club ID#: 21825

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Looks really good!!!!!

I spent the best part of yesterday fitting my grille (still needs another coat) , side markers and K/N Filter/Induction Kit, took the headlamps off and gave them a good polish too

Booked in the bodyshop in May to take car of stone chips/alloy refurb and for a good buffing session prior to the summer

saihaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline V35 350GT
Club ID#: 20400

View My Pictures
that grill fits really well. are you going to leave it darker or spray the same colour as the car?
I now have a debadged, smoothed and painted factory grill if anyone is interested, would want to get the standard one from you as well as want to try something different on a standard grill.
happy v35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Area Rep

Area Rep

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy v35 View Post
that grill fits really well. are you going to leave it darker or spray the same colour as the car?
I now have a debadged, smoothed and painted factory grill if anyone is interested, would want to get the standard one from you as well as want to try something different on a standard grill.

Not sure yet, Ive sanded it down and had it sprayed twice already!!! Tempted to stick with matt black finish as I like the look........

I like how your alloys have turned out so may head in that direction myself

Just started working on a bracket to house my eeepc/carputer in the boot
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
Very nice I would love to go for the complete but subtle kited look, but as i have just spent 2K on wheels, suspension and exhaust, i am going to go for some of the cheap (but subtle) touches that seem to work for me anyway on some of the US cars.

Poor mans carbon defuser, satin black the panel over the exhausts, de badge the front grill and paint satin black, mask off the lower front vents and satin black them giving a lager aperture look, and finally paint the headlight insides black, oh! and tint the rear lights, and possible de badge, should keep me happy for the time being.

De-badge

personally i would be shouting out what it is a Skyline 350GT on the boot , thats what makes people go mad about these , they all know the old school 32/33/34 but present them with a V35 and causes quite a stir

Just my view but they look pants with a boot with no badges , but hey just personal choice
Old 07-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by saihaynes View Post
Looks really good!!!!!

I spent the best part of yesterday fitting my grille (still needs another coat) , side markers and K/N Filter/Induction Kit, took the headlamps off and gave them a good polish too

Booked in the bodyshop in May to take car of stone chips/alloy refurb and for a good buffing session prior to the summer

fancy showing it off at JTS silverstone and mod live Brands Hatch ? i have a fair few spaces still , needs to be defo attendance though

p.s

needs a smaller number plate and lose the number plate bracket , can give you the size of plate we have that just covers all the holes , defo go graphite on the wheels , if on a budget...... stick some 350z factory Rays alloys on but sprayed graphite look awesome on a GT and cheap on ebay too, black roof was a good call on pauls and bloody cheap through Paul and Adam our bodywork guru

Speak to Paul about any bodywork ,

Last edited by BLITZSKYLINE; 07-03-2010 at 06:19 PM.
BLITZSKYLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLITZSKYLINE View Post
De-badge

personally i would be shouting out what it is a Skyline 350GT on the boot , thats what makes people go mad about these , they all know the old school 32/33/34 but present them with a V35 and causes quite a stir

Just my view but they look pants with a boot with no badges , but hey just personal choice
I prefer to keep people guessing, tends to avoid all the daft questions, not much of an attention seeker anyway.

Would also be interested to know the dimensions of a number plate size that covers the mounting holes?
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Area Rep

Area Rep

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Yep would be good to know about the plate dude

Am hoping to be able to make at least one of the shows this year work commitments permitting, itd be great to get all the 350gts together!

Excellent, Ill drop Paul a PM ref the bodywork as itd be interested to get his feedback, mind you my local guys are pretty damn good and have looked after all my previous cars as well as doing a lot shows etc

http://www.simteksrs.com/

I think Ill be keeping the skyline boot badge
Old 07-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by saihaynes View Post
Yep would be good to know about the plate dude

Am hoping to be able to make at least one of the shows this year work commitments permitting, itd be great to get all the 350gts together!

Excellent, Ill drop Paul a PM ref the bodywork as itd be interested to get his feedback, mind you my local guys are pretty damn good and have looked after all my previous cars as well as doing a lot shows etc

http://www.simteksrs.com/

I think Ill be keeping the skyline boot badge

speak to Paul

Adam did my skyline as well , the blokes a genius , he works on high end restoration stuff ... unless he is 150% happy you dont get your car back ... the guy is a genuis , pauls skirts were a hybrid , 350gt aftermarket jobbies grafted to the originals ... all factory fitting points then you see ... clever or what