Jap to English Conversion - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.


Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tricky-Ricky
  • 1 Post By Skyline 350 GT8
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Drives: GT8
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London
Posts: 9
Club ID#: 62081

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Jap to English Conversion

Folks,
My sincere apologies for bringing this up again but I do need your help. I have read a few posts on converting the jap audio visual stuff on GTs from jap to English but here in London, I am not clear if anyone actually does this?
Can you please point me in the right direct re-this conversion?

Many thanks
DB
Skyline 350 GT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 17-06-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
Seasoned Member
 
Piranha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Club ID#: 49641


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
As far as I'm aware although it's been done, there's no one currently doing this.

I think it ended up being more expensive so people just swapped the jap stuff out for new aftermarket.

I have Jap TV and have found how to link in via aux cable from jap TV tuner in boot.

So it is possible to run UK tv / DVDs / etc

It really depends on what you want to achieve
Piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Drives: GT8
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London
Posts: 9
Club ID#: 62081

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
As far as I'm aware although it's been done, there's no one currently doing this.

I think it ended up being more expensive so people just swapped the jap stuff out for new aftermarket.

I have Jap TV and have found how to link in via aux cable from jap TV tuner in boot.

So it is possible to run UK tv / DVDs / etc

It really depends on what you want to achieve
Many thanks Piranha. I just want audio visual system that I can relate to and understand. And if I have to change out the whole system, so be it...
Skyline 350 GT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 17-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
Seasoned Member
 
Piranha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Club ID#: 49641


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline 350 GT8 View Post
Many thanks Piranha. I just want audio visual system that I can relate to and understand. And if I have to change out the whole system, so be it...

I think changing it out is the best bet.

I have taught myself the jap buttons that I need to use for the basics but eventually I will swap out for aftermarket.

Be aware that the heater controls are part of the stock stereo surround.

Not sure if you plan to diy fit aftermarket,
I haven't tried it yet but some research I have done has led me to believe it's not a good idea to totally rip out the stock system because it's all interconnected to the canbus system.

So do some research before wading in.
Piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Tricky-Ricky's Avatar
 
Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 8,931
Club ID#: 5836


Trade Feedback: (1)


View My Pictures
Moved to the correct section!
And a search here will answer all your questions.
Piranha likes this.
__________________
Pedants are men who would appear to be learned, without the necessary ingredient of knowledge.
- George Bancroft

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Drives: GT8
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London
Posts: 9
Club ID#: 62081

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
I think changing it out is the best bet.

I have taught myself the jap buttons that I need to use for the basics but eventually I will swap out for aftermarket.

Be aware that the heater controls are part of the stock stereo surround.

Not sure if you plan to diy fit aftermarket,
I haven't tried it yet but some research I have done has led me to believe it's not a good idea to totally rip out the stock system because it's all interconnected to the canbus system.

So do some research before wading in.
Thanks again Piranha.
Piranha likes this.
Skyline 350 GT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 02:12 AM   #7
FTO
 
Drives: 350GT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Club ID#: 49439

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Im holding out for a few months till a company here supposedly will have an English fix with NZ maps. Hope it works out.

Are english buttons still around? Yet to run into them.
STRYDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2019, Verticalscope Inc.