Looking at importing a 350 - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Have you seen my baseball?...

Drives: Stagea, Pajero Mini, Pajero LWB
Club ID#: 64474

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Looking at importing a 350

Hi everyone.
Recently i've been looking at the 'new' Skylines, not that the R32/33/34 aren't nice but it looks like there are some nice ones out there for not a lot of money.

My main concern is wether the performance will match up to the RB25DET, i've seen an 'Impul' skyline with tthe VQ35 which no doubt is potent enough but is N/A :/, are they any better/worse to drive than the old skylines?
Advertisement

Old 27-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
I have driven a std R34 GTT around the same time as I first drove a 350GT and found very little in it, maybe the 34 felt a little more urgent in the midrange when the turbo was fully spooled but that's it, in fact the 350GT put out more peak power as std.

The only place they fall down is when it comes to tuning, being N/A any power from the GT is hard won and/or expensive.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan 350gt and yaris 1l
Club ID#: 46688

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Hi, hope you do get the 350, would be good to see more people getting them, i recwntly imported one through a company called jm imports in newcastle, gave them the money and they did all the work, (incase you were thinking of going down that route)

Yes it is difficult to get much power gain from these cars. Im looking at doing this now and going down the increased power N/A route seem impractical for a car your going to drive on the road so the easiest and better option is going FI which isnt cheap it could easily cost you upwards of 5000, im currently looking into the stillen twin screw supercharger kit which is 4800 alone from stillen, im going to see if i can source it any cheaper somewhere else, so then you have install and set up costs and if you want to go high on power (ie above 380-400hp) then you really need to look at the internals etc

Hope this helps you make a decission
nharrison2012 is offline   Reply With Quote